• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Gen I and Gen II Cries?

Should the GB cries from Generations I and II be replaced in X and Y?

• Yes; they'll sound really out of place in a new generation.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Yes; some of those cries were identical, anyway.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No; the old cries are way too memorable to get rid of.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • No; I don't think the GB cries could ever be improved upon.

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't think that they should be 'replaced' but more like improved. They sound the same but with better sound effects.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I feel like the difference in cries even between Gen I and Gen IV is enormous. I can't imagine how much they're going to improve Gen VI's cries. While I'd like to see more up-to-date battle cries, I'm so used to the cries that we already have, it'd be weird.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'd like to see the sound quality improved a little....but not change how they sound. Unless there's two that sound very similar then maybe one of them should be changed.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I'd prefer to keep the classic cries. I can't imagine my Charizard sounding any differently. Nostalgia is a great thing...

Back