• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What will you name yourself and why?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Varion. For my name, it's my fursona's name, my internet name, and my irl nickname <3

As for the rival, if we get the option, It'll be scrawl. It's more of an inside joke to do with my Fursona Varion.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I always use my own name. It helps me feel more immersed in the game when people are calling me by my actual name.

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
  • Age 31
  • CA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2013
I might name myself Klein, which is a shortening of the username I usually use on the internet (see above :P ) but more likely I'll use Nikolas, since there isn't enough space to use Nicholas :P If the default names are cool, I might just use the default name but I have rarely done that.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
If there is character customization: My name or a name that I like, but probably default name for rival.

If there is no character customization: Default names.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I think I'll just use my name for the boy (my choice) but if I end up using the girl, then maybe Amelia, idk why, I just like that name xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 13, 2021
I just go with my IRL nickname for X and Y. In the past, I'd use the names of the main female character in the anime, i.e. in GSC I named myself Marina, RSE May, and DPPt Dawn. I have restarted most of those games since then and just inserted my own.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, obviously I'll be using the girl...and I'll name myself Megan like I always have in every game I played. I may lean towards my irl name, but I feel attached to Megan better.

If I play as a boy, it'd be either Tyler, Thunder, or Bob. Well, I like Bob better. lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2018
I'll probably change it up, I've used my middle name for most Pokémon games because it's short and simple; but this time around I'll be using Sakura. I've found a liking for the name and what it means.

Pink Mommy

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
As always, I'll play with the female and name her Vianey, after my real name.
It's not a common name and it's been the same since Yellow, so why change now?
If I chose the boy, I'll probably name him Daniel (just because I like that name)

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Tman. When I play Pokémon, I feel he is my alter ego, my second half. Helps to get lost in the games and ignore the BS of life :P

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Male character: EJ
Female character: Ami

per usual.

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
Male: Lord Admiral Wolverine Lightningbolt III/Wes
Female: Jessica/Emily

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'd name myself Cyclone.

If I need to explain that...

Cyclone

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I've named myself the names I like. And depending on the sex I choose for my character, of course.

Although, in White 2 I named myself my real name. And to be honest, I did like the experience. But, I prefer using other names that I like more than my real name.

Some of my more recent names include Cody, William, Sophie, Tente, among others. I think I'll do Peter next. Or Maanasa, if I choose female. (From the trailer, it appears the female is Caucasian/Japanese but I don't caaaaaaaaare~.)

Back