• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your first anime?

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2019
1) Pokemon. What else?
2 & 3) Death Note. It is one of the only anime series I've completed.

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
What was the first anime you watched?
Surprisingly, I think I saw Kiki's Delivery Service before Pokemon or Sailor Moon. I didn't watch much, but still.

What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?
...Probably Yu-Gi-Oh!? That or Shaman King. ...Of course, Fighting Foodons and Ultimate Muscle had already aired by then... I think Kirby did, too. Sonic X, I'm not so sure about...

What was the first anime you watched with subs?
Tokyo Mew Mew. I looked it up on Google Videos (back when YT was still very new and I wasn't that good at browsing the web) and found a single episode subbed. So, out of curiosity, I watched it!

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
  1. What was the first anime you watched?
    -----Pokemon, I believe. Would wake up at 3AM to watch it because that was the only time it aired back in '07 OTL
  2. What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?
    -----Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When The Cicadas Cry), actually. I was looking up Pokemon stuff, and I happened upon a Mystery-Dungeon themed "Nageki no Mori" and in the related videos, was the original from Higurashi. The first season was extremely confusing for me because of the 'arcs' and myself being about eleven watching this gore and blood. Derp.
    ~~~
  3. What was the first anime you watched with subs?
    Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. I didn't like the english dub of Rena's voice.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
~ Sailor Moon, way back when I was little. X3

~ Case Closed, I believe, back when it was on Adult Swim.

~ Mermaid Melody. And nope, I do not regret it at all.

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
Years
* Tom and Jerry, Justice League and Popeye the Sailor man. That time I was a toddler I guess. xD

* Pokemon Johto League. Infact my pokemon journey starts with the Johto League championship with Ash, Pikachu, Misty and Brock!.

* Naruto. I actually enjoy watching animes with subtitles. That way I can catch some Japanese words.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Sailor Moon when I was 7. I thought it was made in USA. xD

Ah! My Goddess!

Omg, this is a hard one to remember. Um, it was with my cousin...so it might have been Akira.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
(taken from the original 'Your First Anime?' thread by Lightning.)

Well, let me start off:

1. Pokemon, back in 2000. I was still pretty young, but from what I heard from my parents is that I used to obsess over the show. I always thought it was produced in America, then it became famous in Japan. Found out it wasn't like that a few years later when I was talking to my cousin about it XD

2. Bleach. I knew it was anime from a family friend and he introduced it to me back in 2007. He also introduced me to Naruto, which I then watched for two years or so. Started watching it online back in 2008. Same with Bleach.

3. Naruto. I remember waiting for the new episodes to come out on tailedfox (or w/e it's called) every week. Ah, good days. I then started watching a wide variety of anime after that. From then on anime played a role in my life XD

1. dragon ball-the original was awesome
2. gundam wing-got turned onto this by my best friend
3.super robot taisen-checked it out after playing the gba game based on the original characters (the anime has everyone from gundam to macross)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
My first anime was Pokémon and second was meaby Dragon Ball Z. I remember when I first time saw Pokémon about 10-12 years ago. First episode I saw was Clefairy episode where Ash and others were in Mt. Moon.

Years
I don't remember exactly what the first anime was that I watched, but it was one of these-

Beyblade, as often as I could, getting up early every saturday to watch it, truly enjoyable.
I was sad when it ended (sniff). :(
or
Digimon, although not reguarly. The worst part was the fact the first seasons of pokemon aired at the same time on another channel and I never watched it. I was little, okay?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
1.What was the first anime you watched?
Well Pokemon of course ^^

2.What was the first anime you watched, knowing that it was anime?
Pokemon, yet again

3.What was the first anime you watched with subs?
Naruto because I liked the English episodes so much that I went ahead and kept following the Japanese epuisodes of Naruto

:t354:TG

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
The first anime I watched would have been something on Cheese TV, Pokemon, maybe? It could just have easily been Dragon Ball Z. The first anime I watched knowing it was anime would had to have been Ranma 1/2. I remember my friend gave me a bunch of DVDs with Ranma episodes on them. That was also my first time watching subbed anime.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The first anime that I watch is either Pokemon, Captain Tsubasa or Doraemon. The first anime that I knew that it was an anime is probably Inuyasha (Just one of the many movies, its the also the only time I watched Inuyasha) or Gundam Seed. The first anime that I watched with subs is definitely D-Gray Man.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
The first anime I remember seeing was Speed Racer, back in the early 90s. As far as first anime I watched that I knew it was anime was Pokemon and DragonballZ in 2000. And the first anime I watched subbed I think was The Excel Saga in 2006.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
* Tom and Jerry, Justice League and Popeye the Sailor man. That time I was a toddler I guess. xD
I don't think these are animes.

-----Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When The Cicadas Cry), actually. I was looking up Pokemon stuff, and I happened upon a Mystery-Dungeon themed "Nageki no Mori" and in the related videos, was the original from Higurashi. The first season was extremely confusing for me because of the 'arcs' and myself being about eleven watching this gore and blood. Derp.
Damn, with eleven? Well, I played DOOM2 with nine, but there were monsters and everything was pixeled. Watching this thrilling Anime with good quality, whua…

Probably either Mitsubachi Maya no Bouken or Fushigi na Koala Blinky. These aired in the late 80s/early 90s on Nick Jr. dubbed as Maya the Bee and The Noozles respectively and I watched them regularly as a preschooler.
Wow, for a moment I thought Blinky Bill would be Anime, too…

(taken from the original 'Your First Anime?' thread by Lightning.)
Well, for 1. it may be Maja, but I do not really consider this as anime. About the same time, there was (probably) Cat's Eye. It was so long ago I didn't recalled a thing besides one or two images until someone helped me remembering it some years ago.
2. Pokémon, but without knowing the proper term is "Anime". I had this magazine where it said Pokémon comes from Japan, so, that would be it.
3. Should be Love Hina, even if Naruto should be second two this. Was years before it came out in Germany, I watched with english dubs, too. The first English words I learned by watching dubs were probably hug and dare, because they appeared so often in Love Hina I simply had to look them up.

2. I guess Naruto, when it started on Jetix. (Yes, we don't have 4Kids in Europe)
Thank god for this. And Jetix is cool.

Loriania

Mars Adept
Years
It was either Sailor Moon or Dragon Ball Z. I used to watch all the time when I was younger.

Inuyasha. I have since watched the whole series.

Record of Lodoss War. I used to catch episodes on an Asian Channel.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
[SIZE="a"]My first anime was Dragon Ball Z. Of course then I was too young to really understand the plot, but the good guys beating up the bad guys was enough for me. I understood it... Just not very well :p it was easier to just indulge myself in mindless cartoon violence.

The first anime I watched knowing that it was anime was Inuyasha. Pretty awesome, one of my favorites too. Perhaps because it was what started me on anime in the first place.

As for the first subbed anime, it w as Wolfs Rain. I had remembered seeing a few episodes on AS so I went and hunts down the anime and watched it from start to finish. I couldn't find dubs, so I watched the subbed ones. That was before I realized how bad most dubs are.[/SIZE]

Years
What was the first anime I watched?

Depends, but the one I seriously remember back when I was like what 5?

Was Aoi Blink: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aoi_Blink

The story opens with the meeting between our hero, Kakeru, and a mystical pony named Blink. Kakeru saves Blink from a thunder shower and in gratitude, Blink tells him that if he is ever in trouble, all Kakeru needs to do is call out his name and he will appear. At the end of the summer when Kakeru returns home, his father, a writer of children's stories, is kidnapped. Kakeru, weeping, calls out Blink's name and, as promised, Blink immediately appears, and the two set out on the trail of Kakeru's father. Only at the end, when Kakeru woke up from his deep sleep found out that all his adventures with Blink was only his father's writings that shown in his dreams

Seriously, I remember how I was so deeply into the show that it was the first time I cried over..."a cartoon." The ending was just too much for a young kid like me back then. Even now I would freaking cry since it's somewhat like Angel Beats. .__.

Pokemon of course. :P

Gatekeepers. Really good stuff in AXN Asia back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate_Keepers

The story is set in 1969, a period of time in which Japan is experiencing intense economic and social development after the end of World War II in 1945. Unbeknownst to humans, alien/interdimensional beings have emerged with plans to take over the world by sending numerous agents to wreak havoc in cities, turning people into robotic minions. They are referred to as "Invaders" (インベーダー Invēdā?).
In an attempt to confront the Invaders and defend the planet; an elite but highly secret organization of peace-keepers called the Alien Exterminating Global Intercept System (more commonly known as A.E.G.I.S.), was set up with special funding from the government. They rely on the ability of "Gate Keepers", who have the power to open dimensional "gates" of a paranormal energy that give them their superpowers. These superpowers are the only weapons that have any effect on Invaders.
Although A.E.G.I.S. has branches around the world, the series focuses on the Far East division in Japan. The headquarters of the Far East branch of A.E.G.I.S. lies beneath Tategami High School, a facade created by the organization to mask the active recruitment of new Gate Keepers. Since many of the candidates were High School students, the location allowed the agents to be enrolled in school and be available for a mission at a moment's notice.

Last edited:

Prons

Boogiepop Penguin
Years
The first anime I ever watched was probably Speed Racer

The first anime I ever watched that I knew was anime was Cowboy Bebop or Trigun

Back