• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Decks for States... HELP!!!

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
okay guys this is like the biggest deck problem I've had for a while. The format isn't helping, either. I need you guys to help me choose my deck for the tournament, coz I can't do it myself. Here are the decks I am debating over..

Darkrai Variants:
Speed
Hammertime
Lasertime
Hammerlasertime
Hydreigon
Darkrai/Bouffalant/Mewtwo

Water decks:
Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo
Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo/Black Kyurem

Garbodor decks:
Terrakion
Mewtwo
Darkrai/Sableye/Hammers

Please post which deck I should run. I really need help here!!!!!!

Years
Hammerlasertime and the Blastoise/Keldeo/Mewtwo/Black Kyurem decks sound like a lot of fun, based on my personal preferences.

What may help us pick for you is if you can figure out which player type you are. Since there aren't any such player archetypes commonly used in the Pokemon TCG community, I'm gonna borrow the MTG player types and ask you which of the 3 you think you are: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr11b

Are you a Timmy, a Johnny, a Spike, or some combination of the 3?

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Im a combination of Timmy and Spike. I like to look at a bunch of different decklists and see which one suits me best. Then I customize it to mazimize it's power. I like two styles of battling: stalling/disruption, and fast, heavy hitting.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
Do some play testing and see what deck you prefer. Also don't try to build a deck if you don't have the money or time to acquire the cards !

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'd reccomend the Lasertime. Hammers are great against Klingklang and Plasma decks, but Lasertime with Dark Claw and the Etherdex engine is significantly faster and more consistent, in my opinion.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Why do I always end up doing the opposite .-. My friend traded me a few Black Kyurem EX's... so I guess I'll be running that then. I don't have any ether and only two lasers anyway..

Back