• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Consoles that you're looking forward to buy?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What video game console(s) are you planning to buy in the future?

I was planning to get myself an Xbox One when it's released, but then I decided to go with PlayStation 4. Xbox One is going to take away a lot of our money by being too pricey, and it may take away even more of our money by requiring a gold membership to play online like the 360. It has an Xbox Kinect built into its system, so it's able to detect even the tiniest amount of movements whenever you keep the console turned on, which really hurts our privacy. Plus, it's not backwards compatible, so we'll have to throw out all of our 360 games if we ever upgrade to XBOne. D:

PS4 doesn't have backwards compatibility either and it may cost you for playing online just like the Xbox One, but the console is a little less expensive and it gives you access to much more of your privacy.

Last edited:
Years
I'll probably buy a PS4 after this semester is over, unless I'm applying for winter classes.

Microsoft really dropped the ball with the Xbox One, they had some awful anti-consumer practices that they've just reneged on because they weren't getting enough pre-orders. It's a shame because Xbox 360 was a strong console and instead of building on that success Microsoft just toppled it all down and burned the bridges with many of their customers who were looking forward to the new Xbox.

Years
I'd be willing to bet that an overwhelming majority of the posts in this thread will be the "I wanted an Xbox 1, watched them botch everything, and decided to go with a PS4 instead". Microsoft is really going to need some strong PR after that. lol. But I'm pretty sure there will still be enough people who don't care buying the 1.

I personally don't plan on getting one, unless I decide to upgrade on which console I watch Netflix on, because I don't play enough video games to justify having one simply for that purpose. My siblings will probably get a PS4, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I was hoping to get a 3DS for Pokemon Y and a PS Vita for Persona 4 The Golden.

As far as next gen consoles go though I am going to wait until late 2014 to see what games will be out for these new systems by then.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I'm really looking forward to getting a 3DS. That's about the only gaming console on my wish list. Without it, I can't play any of the up and coming DS games, including Pokemon X/Y and the new PMD. I would already have gotten it if it wasn't for my parents who dislike games and the concept of gaming.

Years
I really want a PS4 at some point, but I don't know if it's worth dropping a couple hundred dollars on it at launch with only a select number of game available. I'll probably end up getting one by the end of next year for sure, but I think I'll have enough games to keep me well occupied until then.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I expect to be purchasing two consoles by the end of the year. The 3DS XL (Limited edition blue) and a PS4. I'm really hyped about the action/adventure games that are to be released on Playstation. It was loads of fun on the PS3, but I don't even play it anymore. Hopefully games like Batman Arkham Origins will be ported on the next Gen Consoles.

Years
I'm saving up for a Ps4, not that I don't dislike the Xbox One (both it's previous incarnation and the new "Microsoft gave up" Edition), but the exclusive titles that I will enjoy the most (Final Fantasy XIV and Tranistor) will be on the Platform.

I'm considering getting Vita TV if it comes to America, it would be a perfect companion peice for my Ps4 if I get it. :)

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I really want that limited edition Zelda Wii U. Now that I've got money, I'm going to to pre-order it sometime this week before the 20th. The crazy part is, I'm buying it without telling my parents I'm buying it, as they think it's dumb to keep buying game systems. They just don't understand... xD

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that Wii U Legend of Zelda bundle too; I'm going to trade my old Wii U bundle and pay off the rest of it, but, it'll be pretty worth it, imo. I'm not sure if I want to get the Xbox One or the PS4 yet, but, maybe I'll get the PS4 since I'm more of a Sony guy than a Microsoft guy.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
Ever since Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS were announced, I really have no reason to not get a Wii U (I already have a 3DS). As for PS4 and Xbox One, I'm probably going with the PS4. I'm not one of those "TEH XBAX WUN IZ GUNNA SUX!!1!!1!!!!" people, but I just like Sony's franchises a bit more.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
This sorry generation really does make me glad I'm a PC gamer, now I think about it. Since I bought a 3DS over a year ago, and as that is liable to remain my only console purchase, I haven't much to say. Still, I bought a GeForce 660Ti in time for the two monoliths of the new generation. Now waiting on CA to fix TWR2.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hoping to save up for a Wii U during Christmas time or afterwards! And I'm looking forward to adding a Game Boy Pocket, Micro, DSi, and 2DS to my Nintendo handheld collection. :)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Wii U. I won't get one until Mario Kart 8 is released though. Actually, I might get one for Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed IV, but I'm leaning more towards a PS4 for those titles. So yeah, also looking forward to buying a PS4, probably not as soon as it comes out, but definitely soon thereafter.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'll be upgrading my Netflix Machine to the Legend of Zelda Netflix-U next week or so. That's about it.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I am hoping to get a Wii U for the Wind Waker remake and such. maybe a 3ds to replace my stolen one,but most likely the wii u.

Years
I'm looking forward in buying a 3ds. But I simply can't choose between the 3ds and the xl model. I can get the 3ds 180 ( In my currency) cheaper compared to a XL, but I read taht the 3DS is gettin A LOT of hate on the internet :( ( compared to the xl). Decisions, decisions ..

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
After I get this job, I don't need to pay rent as what my parents told me, I am saving up big. Of course, after I get my personal wants aside I am saving up everything I earn but ya know, got to have fun gaming! I sold my Xbox 360 because everything about it was getting too boring, & it was just collecting dusts anyway. Here are my "To Buy" list in order:
1) iPhone (What, it play games too with all those other goodies)
2) Nintendo 3DS (Never had it, only a DS & would love to have it, especially with all the road trips I take & the very rare times I don't drive, I'll need it haha)
3) Wii U (Best Friend has it, LOVE IT!)
4) PS4/Xbox One (Haven't decided yet, but about 90% of my 360 friends are moving to PS4. I might end up getting that & later on after possibly, the Xbox One when it settles down on its prices. I <3 Halo so I can't NOT play the new Halo).

Back