• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RaiRai-kun's XSE Tutorial [Updated Big-Time!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
With Yes/No commands, could you change the options?

(E.g. Someone asks what your favourite type is. Options:
Fire
Water
Grass

Could it work?)

Sorry for being a n00b ('cause I am one, with hacking...)

hot_kage

I am like a rose cute and calm
Years
Welcome!
This is my XSE tutorial.
It will cover most all the commands.
Don't take this without my permission.
Credit to Darthatron for the overview and basic tut. on XSE.
Credit to -Hackmew- for making XSE.
Credit to everybody that supports XSE!

Umm...I Have A problem Everytime i try to compile my script it gives me this
"Error 13 'Type mismatch' in file
C: \PokeHacks\Snowdrift\Scripts\PROF.rbc on line 1 missing #define or perimeter.

Line: dynamic 0xoffset"

any help plz :\

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Umm...I Have A problem Everytime i try to compile my script it gives me this
"Error 13 'Type mismatch' in file
C: \PokeHacks\Snowdrift\Scripts\PROF.rbc on line 1 missing #define or perimeter.

Line: dynamic 0xoffset"

any help plz :\

You're meant to use an offset, not the text "offset". -.-

Did you actually ready the guide? Or did you just copy/paste?

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2009
Hey! I just gotten into scripting but still am unsure of a few things.

I wanted to start out with something simple though, just a basic movement/text script so I won't leave town without the first badge.

Here it is: Decreasing size so it won't take up space. (am unsure on how to do spoiler..)

#Dynamic 0x194
#org @BadgeOne
checkflag 0x820
if 0x0 goto @needbadge1
if 0x1 goto @havebadge1
end
#org @needbadge1
lock
msgbox @nobadge
boxset 0x6
applymovement 0xEventNumber @goback
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @nobadge
= Wait, I don't have a badge/nwithout that I can't go!
#org @goback
#raw 0x03
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x07
#raw 0x00
#raw 0x04
#raw 0x04
#raw 0x04
#raw 0x04
#raw 0xFE
#org @havebadge1
release
end

The part that confused me is the event number

"applymovement 0xEventNumber @goback"

Put as 0xFF in the tutorial. How exactly am I supposed to know what event I'm using, or how to find which I'm using? I might have later questions but I'll try to compile them all into one post next time. I just wanted to know this to start off. Also, am I making any other mistakes?

Edit: This is just a mess-around script btw. The offset isn't real, but the rest of it is. (Besides the Event Number which confused me)

-h20

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I have a script that is supposed to give you a celebi at level 80. I know it has no flag...But the problem is that it dosn't make a text box appear.Here is the script:

'-----------------------
#org 0xFFFF30
lock
msgbox 0x871AA90 '"Here is a celebi.\nI have grown old..."
faceplayer
givepokemon 0xFB 0x50 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setflag 0x828
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71AA90
= Here is a celebi.\nI have grown old and\ndon't need it any more.

Years
I have a script that is supposed to give you a celebi at level 80. I know it has no flag...But the problem is that it dosn't make a text box appear.Here is the script:

'-----------------------
#org 0xFFFF30
lock
msgbox 0x871AA90 '"Here is a celebi.\nI have grown old..."
faceplayer
setflag 0x828
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x71AA90

Try this:
#dynamic 0x[offset]

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 6
message @2
boxset 6

release
end

#org @1

#org @2
= \v\h01 received Celebi!

Dunno if you want the italic in to? cuz givepokemon command doesn't automaticly says player received bla bla..

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 19, 2008
Ok I have some n00b questions.......

Is it possible to just erase all the bytes from the game, and start new?
And how do you mix messages with giving Pokemon/items? Such as: "Here, take this Pokemon" and he gives you a Pokemon. I also don't understand how to actually end it..... when I tested your examples, I just kept getting the Pokemon over and over.

I tried mixing messages with giving, but when I compiled it, it only did the messages and didn't play music to get Pokemon, and didn't say "You got suchandsuch"

What's wrong with this script? I haven't been able to get it to work..... all the person does is just stand there, and nothing happens. Also, no other script works either :( One other thing..... is it normal that when you start the game after scripting, that the game is a little.... "laggy" I guess you'd say? Like, I can press Left and my character goes Left twice or all the way, even if I let go. Just an example. Anyway, here's the script:

#dynamic 0x71B69C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 0x6
givepokemon 0x6 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
message @2
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Have a Charizard\n, on the house :)

#org @2
= You got Charizard!\nWhat a nice guy.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years

And how do you mix messages with giving Pokemon/items? Such as: "Here, take this Pokemon" and he gives you a Pokemon. I also don't understand how to actually end it..... when I tested your examples, I just kept getting the Pokemon over and over.

I tried mixing messages with giving, but when I compiled it, it only did the messages and didn't play music to get Pokemon, and didn't say "You got suchandsuch"

What's wrong with this script? I haven't been able to get it to work..... all the person does is just stand there, and nothing happens. Also, no other script works either :( One other thing..... is it normal that when you start the game after scripting, that the game is a little.... "laggy" I guess you'd say? Like, I can press Left and my character goes Left twice or all the way, even if I let go. Just an example. Anyway, here's the script:

#dynamic 0x71B69C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 0x6
message @2
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

I'm new at this to but I've read enough to know that this has to do with a problem with the flags. (that is if it has any) To mixscripts (like giving a pokemon and then warping)you put the warp script right in front of the release end.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I'm new at this to but I've read enough to know that this has to do with a problem with the flags. (that is if it has any) To mixscripts (like giving a pokemon and then warping)you put the warp script right in front of the release end.

Sorry but that's wrong. Flags have nothing to do with that script, which would work fine on a clean ROM, anyway.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

#dynamic 0x71B69C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 0x6
message @2
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

Are you setting to Script Offset in Advance Map? >_>

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

#dynamic 0x71B69C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 0x6
message @2
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @1

#org @2

Spoiler:

always only use one boxset :D.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Spoiler:

always only use one boxset :D.

That is completely wrong. >_> You need to have a boxset after every message.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
do u know how to make another person move? for the applymovement script.

Did you check the Command Help?
The syntax is like this:

Code:
applymovement [people no.] [pointer to movements]
waitmovement 0x0

hot_kage

I am like a rose cute and calm
Years
Did you check the Command Help?
The syntax is like this:

Code:
applymovement [people no.] [pointer to movements]
waitmovement 0x0

yeah i just noticed that
sorry im a fast reader and i miss things.

also if u don't mind i have another question.
is there a way to make the movement come before the text. and if so how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back