• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Hack of the Month] Voting - April 2009

Hack of the Month

• Pokémon Liquid Crystal

Votes: 73 39.9%
  • Pokémon Crono

Votes: 54 29.5%
  • Pokémon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina

Votes: 56 30.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hack of the Month Voting - April 2009

h2-hotm.png

Introduction

You have until the first of May to vote for your Hack of the Month. The winner hack's thread will be stickied for a month, until the next month's winner is announced. The winner hack will also be added to PokéCommunity's official ROM Hacking Hall of Fame. Only hacks in either the Progressing Hacks forum or the Hacks Showcase forum are eligible for nomination.

Eligible Hacks

Rules

• You may vote once per month, per hack.
  • Asking or bribing others to vote for your hack is not allowed.
  • Creating new accounts to vote multiple times is not allowed and will be dealt with accordingly.
  • Voting is done via the poll not by posting in this thread, votes in the form of posts will not be counted.
  • Don't complain that your hack was not chosen this month.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Another tough decision :)
My only complaint is the fact that Dark Cry is eligible when there isn't a playable version available. I understand that there aren't that many hacks to choose from but I feel that nobody can/should vote for it simply from what they see in its thread. Still, overall the picks were pretty good and my decision was definitely a hard one to make.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hmm....
I don't mind that there isn't a playable version.
I voted for it anyway,
But I agree it shouldn't be in there.
Isn't there any others? xD

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
hmmmmm tough question

well i played liquid crystal yesterday since that's when i got it which means i really didn't get that far

And i never played Crono since it won't work on my VBA T_T ..............

And Dark Cry I don't even know if it's released yet......

Maybe I'll wait till April 29 before i vote............................

BTW What do the hacker of the month recieves if he/she wins

Last edited:

G.S

Poke - mega member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
All is good
But Dark Cry has not a link to download
I vote for Crono

flyin_hawaiian

the one nobody knows...yet!
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
Although Crono doesn't work in my Emulator, I think that it is the best out of all three. I have seen the videos and the scripts look pretty good (excluding the grammar and english mistakes) plus the graphics are pretty cool.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I voted for Pokemon Crono. From the looks of its graphics and scripts, this hack looks promising. I like the palettes and tiles used. The OWs are looking good.

Anyways, my vote goes to Pokemon Crono.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I vote for Crono since it's my top 3 favorite hack.
The scripting and tiles are awesome and that's why I vote for it.

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
i like all those hacks, bit Dark Cry has not a link to download.
So i voted Crono.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
My vote goes to 'the legend of Giratina'','cause it haves these amazing tiles of the reverse world,and it has smashing storyline.

turnipman

Ninja Slaking
Years
ive played most of liquid crystal and i thought it was brill
so i voted for that its the most progressed and is completley different from crystal

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Liquid Crystal - it has the best graphics, I've ever seen, it's the closest and best gcs reamke ever and it has some neat little features e.g. the new berry system

vladi1q1

Mapper 7/10
Years
I played Liquid Crystal and it was ok crono won't run on my lunar lips patcher.
Pokemon Dark Cry - I liked it alot how they made the torn world and stuff.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Dark cry-Legend of Giratina...I love Giratina and the Distortion world tiles are fantastic...The other two are great too...But...in my opinion...this one is the best (in the tiles department...)This is my opinion...And the title screen Owns...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I voted Liquid Crystal.
It's the most far along and from my favorite series.
Crono I have never tried.. So yeah...
And Dark city doesn't even have a beta out.

Last edited:
Years
I've played both Crono and LC and I just like LC a little better sorry =/
storlyine in Crono was great but there were lots of grammar errors and the gameplay in LC was more enjoyable for me atleast.

Last edited:

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Pokémon Dark Cry The Legend of Giratina seems pretty cool to me. Although I haven't play them yet but the looks of the screenshots. I hope they not fake. And Crono seems good too. In fact I should play it if everyone votes for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back