• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2012
Sorry to bother you guys again, but how exactly would I rip the tiles from AM?

When I try to get them their colors are all screwed up and none of the pallets have the right colors.

EDIT: Also, I'm trying to get them through the purple puzzle piece tool on AM.

EDIT2: Never mind, I figured it out XD

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm learning little by little. Through hours of research along with trial and error I got my palette problem fixed. Sigh of relief. But now I noticed these weird 1 pixel blue dots located only on my water routes. My water routes are utilizing palette 0 and there is no blue colors located there. How is that possible? I do know how to fix the bottom bar problem, but do you guys know if the bottom bar has anything to do with the blue dots? They are the same color. I'm to lazy to try this out right now, need some rest.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Is it possible to make gender exclusive evolutions in gen 3? Say if I replaced a pokemon with a Gallade, is it possible to make only Male Kirlia evolve into him?

It's possible using some ASM. I achieved it with relative ease too. The only problem with Gallade (and Froslass) in particular, is that they actually use a special evolutionary stone, as opposed to simply levelling up.

I still have my source code for it, so I'll see if I can find it! :)

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I'm learning little by little. Through hours of research along with trial and error I got my palette problem fixed. Sigh of relief. But now I noticed these weird 1 pixel blue dots located only on my water routes. My water routes are utilizing palette 0 and there is no blue colors located there. How is that possible? I do know how to fix the bottom bar problem, but do you guys know if the bottom bar has anything to do with the blue dots? They are the same color. I'm to lazy to try this out right now, need some rest.

I'm follow the MikeMatt15's Ultimate World Map Hacking guide to make a worldmap but I no any problem except the bottom bar. If you are confused try to download the attached file at MikeMatt15's Ultimate World Map Hacking guide at tutorial page and open the .docx file to download the tutorial video, step by step to retry insert your world map.

Hello everyone, I just repost my question and add some question.

1)This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX:1: Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

2) How to edit the grass animation tile?

3) How to scripting to make the fossil image appear?

Thanks.

Last edited:

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
The reason you're seeing blue is that those blue squares, and the blue pixel, are set to be the transparent color. The layer underneath the map is blue, and you're seeing that bottom layer through those single-pixel holes. You need to edit your tiles so that the first color in the index doesn't belong to any of the tiles.

I'm follow the MikeMatt15's Ultimate World Map Hacking guide to make a worldmap but I no any problem except the bottom bar. If you are confused try to download the attached file at MikeMatt15's Ultimate World Map Hacking guide at tutorial page and open the .docx file to download the tutorial video, step by step to retry insert your world map.

Hello everyone, I just repost my question and add some question.

1)This question is about .s file. .s file original manuscript is Unknown Application, I double click the .s file. After that, It appeared 2 choices " Use the Web service to find the correct program " and "
Select a program from a list of installed programs ". I choosed "
Select a program from a list of installed programs " and choose Notepad and checked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
Then, I use Sappy 2006 mod 15 to assembly .s file and click " Cook it "( In another Version that's "Assembly that ugly thing", it appeared a error, "XXXX:1: Can't find file "MPlayDef.s" for inclusion Assembly halted". I placed MPlayDef.s file with the .s file I wanted to insert my rom, but also have this problem, so I think is the " "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" problem. I use Windows 7, how can I change the .s file return to Unknown Application? Or a else way to fix this problem.

2) How to edit the grass animation tile?

3) How to scripting to make the fossil image appear?

Thanks.
2. In NSE, go to Option > Bookmarks > View Bookmarks. Then, click the + next to "Landscape" Click "Grass", then "Open". You can now use NSE to edit the grass :)

3. Begin by setting variable 0x8004 to either 0x8D or 0x8E. Then set variable 0x8005 for the X-Coordinate, and variable 0x8006 for the Y-coordinate. The use special 0x18B. Special 0x18C will make the picture go away.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Which Hex editor do you guys prefer to use? They're all doing my head in at the moment.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Which Hex editor do you guys prefer to use? They're all doing my head in at the moment.
That last sentence makes me think that you're looking for an easy to use hex editor, ja? If so, you won't exactly find one that'll walk you through anything, the ease of use is more on the side of how much you know about hexadecimal than the user interface of the hex editor itself.

I personally use XVI32, only because I heard about it one day and downloaded it, not because it's the best or anything like that. It works, and it works well, and that's pretty much all I can ask for in a free hex editor.

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
How should I name my files to get them all to load into the pokemon sprite editor at once in the correct order?

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
It's possible using some ASM. I achieved it with relative ease too. The only problem with Gallade (and Froslass) in particular, is that they actually use a special evolutionary stone, as opposed to simply levelling up.

I still have my source code for it, so I'll see if I can find it! :)

Ah, thank you! I'm subscribed to you on youtube! I love what you do.

Although, I'm working with Emerald specifically, and I know you only deal with Firered.

Also, do you mean it's a problem because they use stones that don't exist in the game? I intended to use pre-existing stones for that. If it is impossible than leveling up to evolve will suffice for me. :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
The reason you're seeing blue is that those blue squares, and the blue pixel, are set to be the transparent color. The layer underneath the map is blue, and you're seeing that bottom layer through those single-pixel holes. You need to edit your tiles so that the first color in the index doesn't belong to any of the tiles.

Yeah true. I also noticed that my unlz map insertion kept giving me those dots every single time I inserted my map. I then changed the palette of the unlz map insertion file to black and white and edited out the dots. Now it works. Thanks for the help though!

Last edited:

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Hello, I have a question.

This tileset business has been something I've put on hold until now because it really gets me confused..

I don't understand how inserting tilesets works. I can create a new tree, recolor it, and insert it into the game. But then when I try to redo something that is on a different tileset (a tileset different than the "outdoors" one) and insert that tileset into the game, the 1st tileset goes back to normal. I don't understand how to have many different tilesets inserted into the game at once...

Don't know if that made much sense, but can anyone help? Thanks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Hello, I have a question.

This tileset business has been something I've put on hold until now because it really gets me confused..

I don't understand how inserting tilesets works. I can create a new tree, recolor it, and insert it into the game. But then when I try to redo something that is on a different tileset (a tileset different than the "outdoors" one) and insert that tileset into the game, the 1st tileset goes back to normal. I don't understand how to have many different tilesets inserted into the game at once...

Don't know if that made much sense, but can anyone help? Thanks.

All of the tilesets can be edited, I don't really understand your problem. From what I gather, it sounds like you may accidently be reloading the original tileset back into the ROM by accidently selecting the wrong thing. I'm not 100% sure unless you go step by step through the problem and what you do (which I advise you message me too, as I really want to help you)

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2012
Hi all ! I would like to know how to change the background of Oak Introduction by a bigger tile. I saw it in Pokemon Light Platinum, and i was wondering if it's possible to do it in Fire Red ( French Version ). Thanks You :))

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
All of the tilesets can be edited, I don't really understand your problem. From what I gather, it sounds like you may accidently be reloading the original tileset back into the ROM by accidently selecting the wrong thing. I'm not 100% sure unless you go step by step through the problem and what you do (which I advise you message me too, as I really want to help you)

First, I go to "Block Editor" and select the default "Palette 0". Then, I select "Picture" and "Save Tileset 1". Next, I open it up in Paint. I also open up a separate Paint page and load up the new tree I want to insert. I recolor the custom tree tile to fit the colors in the palette then I replace the old tree with the new one. I save it and open up A-Map. Then, I go to "Block Editor" and "Load Tileset 1". I load my tileset and my new tile is inserted.

So that all works out great, but then I try to do the same thing with a different tileset, and it basically overwrites what I did to the first tileset.

I do the same process for both tilesets.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
OW sprites are uncompressed, so UNLZ.gba won't help you at all. Nameless Sprite Editor (Classic) and Overworld Editor (Rebirth Edition) are both great programs to edit overworld sprites. The credit sprites ARE compressed, so use UNLZ.gba to find them. I don't have a specific number, so just go through them all.

Thank you very much. This Nameless Sprite Editor thing is very helpful.

That brings me to my next question. I'm trying to add new legendaries to the game, and a couple events allowing the player to acquire unique Pokemon. For example, I plan to make several new Regis, add some legendaries from older games and a few that are unable to be acquired. For this, I have to be able to create waiting legendaries. How would I go about doing this? Is there any way I can create a new overworld sprite without overwriting another one, and would it require the use of scripting?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
First, I go to "Block Editor" and select the default "Palette 0". Then, I select "Picture" and "Save Tileset 1". Next, I open it up in Paint. I also open up a separate Paint page and load up the new tree I want to insert. I recolor the custom tree tile to fit the colors in the palette then I replace the old tree with the new one. I save it and open up A-Map. Then, I go to "Block Editor" and "Load Tileset 1". I load my tileset and my new tile is inserted.

So that all works out great, but then I try to do the same thing with a different tileset, and it basically overwrites what I did to the first tileset.

I do the same process for both tilesets.

Please tell me instead of Save Tileset 1, you chose Save Tileset 2, and same for the Loading, and opening the rght Tileset in Paint.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Please tell me instead of Save Tileset 1, you chose Save Tileset 2, and same for the Loading, and opening the rght Tileset in Paint.

I'm pretty sure Save Tileset 2 lets you add new tiles, right? I'm not trying to add new tiles, I'm trying to replace the normal tree with a custom tree. (Pasting the new tree over the original tree) But I'm also trying to replace a house's roof in a different tileset. When I load up both tilesets, only one of them works. (I'm inserting both of them as Load Tileset and Save Tileset 1)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm pretty sure Save Tileset 2 lets you add new tiles, right? I'm not trying to add new tiles, I'm trying to replace the normal tree with a custom tree. (Pasting the new tree over the original tree) But I'm also trying to replace a house's roof in a different tileset. When I load up both tilesets, only one of them works. (I'm inserting both of them as Load Tileset and Save Tileset 1)

Right, no. If the house is one that is specific to a town, it is in the "Tileset 2", not the Tileset 1. The tree bit is fine, it's when you edit other tilesets, it needs to be Save Tileset 2 and edit that Tileset (which, by the way, is not just for new tiles), so try the Save Tileset 2 and Load Tileset 2.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Thank you very much. This Nameless Sprite Editor thing is very helpful.

That brings me to my next question. I'm trying to add new legendaries to the game, and a couple events allowing the player to acquire unique Pokemon. For example, I plan to make several new Regis, add some legendaries from older games and a few that are unable to be acquired. For this, I have to be able to create waiting legendaries. How would I go about doing this? Is there any way I can create a new overworld sprite without overwriting another one, and would it require the use of scripting?

Adding OWs is tricky business. I don't remember which game you were hacking, so I'll cover the Gen III Games.

Ruby has 217 total OWs, and a large amount of them are Pokemon Dolls, or placeholders for the rival. I don't hack Ruby, but Light Platinum has OW sprites for pretty much all legendary Pokemon, and plenty of people as well, which means you're probably fine editing the existing ones (I'll provide a useful link later)

Firered has 151 OWs, so it's understandable that you might want to add more. The link I'll provide at the end of this post specifically addresses Firered, and although it's for JPANs hack engine, the post still has everything important for adding and resizing OWs.

Emerald has 245 OWs. If you're wanting to add more to Emerald, don't evene bother...255 is the max amount you can have, in any case, so an extra 10 won't do you much good.

This tutorial has all the useful things about OW structures. It also has necessary offsets which should allow you to repoint. Remember, though, that you'll need to edit the INI files to edit them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back