• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Sorry!
I didn't see the story of your game until after I decided on my story. Anyway, in my game, perhaps 'kidnap' is the wrong word? From what I've managed to do on RMXP, it's turning out to be a brief ambush. I'll change the description in the first post.

New Age Retro Hippie

No matter where I am, I...
Years
Impressive. Though not exactly a veteran at looking at fanmade games, I reckon that once this is done it'll be one of the greats. You are an excellent spriter- It looks quite "Pokémoney", but still I can see some uniqueness.

I can help with designing some Pokémon, if you need another person to do so. I am also a rookie spriter. Consdier me interested~!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The sprite I find not very Pokemoney is Wichu, it just seems a little to angular, maybe round it out, and make it eyes large, though i do like your other Chimecho evo... I also really like your title screen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Falling Star: Sure, we could do with another designer! Can you make scratch sprites?
Yuoaman: How about this?
wichu2do0.png

Anyway, I'm going to be using day-night tinting in battle too. Screens:
screenshot016gf9.png

Morning
screenshot015is8.png

Day
screenshot018bl3.png

Evening
screenshot017iz1.png

Night

And finally, we don't need designers any more. However, I am looking for spriters to sprite the DP Pokémon in Advance style (like Shinx in the screenshots). This is because the DP sprites use a different style from the Advance sprites, and I'm sticking with Advance for this game.
The sprites should be at least as good as my sprites, and should be in 64x64 resolution, scaled up to 128x128. I will not accept simple resizes of DP sprites, as they have a different style. I need backsprites too.
Well, thanks for the replies!

AeroMaxx

Tanzanite Pokedex Coordinator
Years
A very nice game indeed! Right now I am working on project called Pokemon Solar and Lunar. Hopefully it gets as much support as your games and some others here...

Good luck with Pokemon Amethyst!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2009
Wait, do you still want my designs? I have plenty of them, and what I sent you were just synopses. My concept was that I would send you summaries, you would tell me what you liked and didn't like, and then I would write up all the details and scan and send pictures, if you were worried that what I PMed was what I thought was all I needed to send you, because I have WAY more to say on those designs.

PM me for clarification, post here, just tell me what you want/need. If you don't want anything else, then ok. You just werent clear.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Darth Meanie: PMed.
Anyway, I finished the sprite for Professor Maple: SPRITE REMOVED - see the new sprite here.
Any comments?

Last edited:
Years
I am overall impressed by the screens. The graphics are a nice refresh from most of the other fangames' FR/LG ones. The palette may feel a little too washed out, though. Also, I don't think heavy dithering was the best choice for the female's hair (back battle sprite). Try just solid transitioning, though show hair detail, with slight dithering. The Pokémon, though not the best ideas, are sprited really well.

The mythology of the Shika region is a nice touch, also. It adds much depth and background information. The storyline has been used times before, though (And it has already been mentioned. Sorry for saying it again), but it is still better then the "go get a Pokémon and beat the bad guys" storyline.

Now, the systems look really good, also. The Quick Pokémon Check system should be a useful feature. It is also great to see the phone return.

Overall, this game looks like it should be worth the watch, and keep up the good work.

---------------------------

For the Professor Maple sprite, it looks great, though the hair needs a bit touched up. It could use a bit more detail, and not to be partially pillow-shaded. She would also look a bit better if she had a Pokéball in her out-stretched hand.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
Now this is absolutely amazing. i love the title screen, the new fakemon, the new sprites, everything about it. i think that this will be a very interesting game, and when a demo is released, i will be playing this. good luck Wichu!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, due to some feedback I received from Дон Пач and in the Pixel Art forum, I will be improving the Maple and female hero sprites a bit. You have something to look forward to!
Oh, and Дон Пач, I want to keep the game's story in the Pokémon style, though some of it will be manga-ish or Colosseum/XD-like. Including plot twists, bigger roles of legendaries etc.
I will also be including real-life friends and staff members as NPCs and rivals, as well as completely new and different personalities for the Team Necro admins. See if you can guess which characters correspond to which staff (when I release them).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Okay, the improved Professor Maple sprite is done:
maplefi5.png

Without Pokéball
maple2rt2.png

With Pokéball
What do you think?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Okay, I redid the female trainer back's hair. Also posting the male trainer back 'cause I feel like it:
trback000yd4.png
trback001kl9.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2009
Love this game if I did not know better I'd say it was a real game made by gamefreak oh and do not change the graphics because it looks like diamonds and pearls graphics and that fact makes it a cool.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
Hey, if it isn't one of my fellow Pokémon Essentials regulars ;) . Well, what can I say? This project definately looks like one of the more promising ones on these forums right now. The amount of features you've managed to add really do impress me (and if you've seen some of my other reviews, it's hard to make me impressed). The new battle interface looks a little odd, and the palette seems a wee bit too dull, but this project still sounds pretty damn awesome.

PS: Peter O fanboys for life : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back