• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC: Atlantis Arising [M]

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Shortened it to fit emotional manipulation, hope it works. :)

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
Years
My posts just... Get long. I don't know why, but they just extend. I really wish I didn't make long posts, but it happens. I usually never make my characters do more than two things and yet my posts get extensive.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
It's kind of impossible to write a short post here since so much gets done in just one post. d: Only time I've had trouble here was just with Otto, because she's so simple and direct with her thinking that I don't really write much about it because she's more of a "it's that because it is" rather than having a lengthy and descriptive reason. Though, if I think about it, there's so much I could write because of her character. d: GAH!

QUALITY ROLEPLAYING!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Indeed, it's really a luxury to be able to say "oh, we NEVER have any one-liners in this RP!" ;)

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Yeah, I really like the longer posts that have been happening in the roleplay recently. Just the amount of info in every post is amazing that we put into it.

On that subject, I hate having almost nothing to write about. Like right now. Hated my last post, because it was short and I had too little to go off of. I wrote what I did in about ten to fifteen minutes, stared at it for another thirty trying to come up with ideas to make it longer, then just got mad at myself and posted it.

I digress....

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Main Information:
Name: Erika Onzanem
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 163

Appearance: Reference Picture (Apply tons of freckles)
Atlantean Tattoo: A mark shaped vaguely like a webbed foot made itself present on the left side of Erika's abdomen.
Physical: Erika is a fairly thin, athletically built woman. She sports deep sea blue eyes and brown hair commonly tied up in a ponytail that reaches all the way down to her hips. Her caucasian skin is riddled with freckles, a blemish she would seem to have accepted. She is not one for much makeup, though great attention would seem to have been given to maintaining her hair. It's important to note that her appearance changes somewhat when she uses her atlantian ability.
Clothing: Erika wears a pair of blue, flared hip hugger jeans that are too small for her when she's not using her atlantian ability. On top, she wears a sea green, chestless tank top over a ruffled white strapless undershirt that covers said chest and is somewhat larger than the tank top in general. On her feet she wears tennis shoes, and her hands are bare. She does however wear a decorative wrist-band adorned with multi-colored jewels, as well as a watch on the opposite hand. Her brown hair is bound with a band.

Personality:
Erika is a rather nonchalant, level-headed individual, who values her dignity and independence in a subtle manner. She is highly interested in the supernatural, and to a degree, fighting in all it's forms. Yet, despite how interested she is in becoming a better fighter, she seems to enjoy learning and reading about it rather than actually practicing. In fact, reading is what Erika spends most of her time doing, as she has a deep seated desire to expand her knowledge. Sometimes, she can come across as rather depressing, and can occasionally be short with people who she deems uninterested in learning, or flat out ignorant.

Erika can come across as a bit of a tomboy at times, though she doesn't really try. Her actions speak for themselves however, her having a voracious appetite and being a rather large sports fan. She also enjoys engineering as a side hobby. Erika seems to have a slightly odd interest in 'darkness', seeming to identify with being dark. Though, she also challenges the idea that being dark is a bad thing. Lastly, the promise of knowledge is enough to garner respect from Erika, her desire to learn even greater than her self-respect at times.

History:
Erika was orphaned at a young age, not because of deaths in the family, but rather to protect her. Her uncle was, to say the least, kind of a violent, drunk dastard of a man. The version of the story Erika understands is that her parents decided to send her away rather than her uncle; who they believed had a greater right to live with them due to his age and history with them, 'a common fallacy' as Erika puts it. She was then adopted by a man by the name of Mac, whom raised her for a time. She was known to be somewhat feisty and indignant at times, a true angst that didn't want to be babied.

However, as Erika grew older she spent more and more time out of the house, working, reading, and generally taking care of herself. Impressed with how much Erika was doing to be independent, her own father eventually granted her her wish by giving her the independence she desired, though he made it clear that his help was there should she need it. Erika had been working for a time at a fast food chain, waiting for an opportunity for a more ideal job. In time, it came, and Erika took her dream job--a librarian. It was whilst working this job that her ability was revealed to her.

Ability:
Erika's ability is referred to as Anuramorphism. That is to say, she takes on some of the traits of a frog. Several things change. From the hips down Erika's body gains considerable mass as her legs develop super strength, allowing her to jump great heights and distances. In addition, her kicks become absurdly powerful. Erika's mouth seems to grow larger horizontally until it barely fits on her face, making her face rather eerie to behold, as even a slight smile is bound to be reminiscent of a cheshire grin, minus the teeth. She gains a froglike tongue, which can lash out at incredible speeds to grab and pull a victim to her at equally incredible speeds. That or smack someone Lastly, Erika's skin becomes constantly damp in appearance and her eyes glow slightly in the dark.

Many things change that are not related to her appearance however. For instance, Erika gains the ability to breath through her skin and underwater, making her extremely difficult to suffocate. She can also absorb water through her skin, allowing her to rapidly re-hydrate just by being in water. Erika gains excellent night vision, as well as general vision superior to that of a human, though she has a slight difficulty seeing things that aren't moving in comparison. Erika can manually control the temperature of her body, though when her body becomes cold she moves and acts more slowly, and when hot more quickly. Erika also gains a very discriminatory nose, allowing her to detect subtle differences in the composure of the air. This is most useful if something toxic might be in it. She also gains the ability to scarf hilariously large portions of food, allowing her to go without for extended periods of time, and if for whatever reason is eaten by a giant monster or something, is totally highly poisonous.

Lastly, Erika gains an unfortunate vulnerability to heat, including heat based attacks, and dehydrates at an accelerated rate if not in water.

Writing Sample:
So it was that a second female would materialize whilst being pulled through a dimension. This one however had a much rougher landing than the first... literally. She appeared to have been falling at the time of her being pulled, and thus promptly hit the ground face first with an audible thud and something of a muffled pained sound. As if summoned by Kiba's fairy's words a male fairy quickly followed the female. He then proceeded to speak in the most manly voice you could ever imagine in a voice that was about as manly as you would expect from a small fairy. That is to say, not very. Relatively speaking, he was a average guy in terms of fairies and physical features. He seemed to abruptly slow as he came through and winced as Lynn impacted the ground. He just sort of made an audible wincing sound at the impact, examining Lynn for several long moments. Lynn just sort of shuddered a bit before picking herself up without so much as bothering to check if there'd happened to be anyone willing to help her, holding her nose with one hand and generally looking rather annoyed.

"Owww..."

It was as she got up and opened her eyes, her teeth gritted, that she became aware of exactly what she wasfacing. Was that a... wolf? A wolf with strange markings at that. She was not afraid of wolves. A single wolf was more likely to wind up her lunch than the other way around, and that's taking into account she wasn't a fan of hunting her own meals. A pack though, a pack of wolves was something she was afraid of. Quickly glancing around her in a serious but somehow calm manner she became aware of a girl, and assumptively two boys, though she said nothing to any of them immediately. What she did not become aware of was more wolves. Meanwhile, the fairy, named Aaron, had become aware of a female fairy's presence but said nothing. As it turned out, he was slightly shy, and she might be able to catch him looking from a distance. He honestly wasn't /that/ shy, but around a cute girl of his own species? He couldn't help but be a little. Normally he spent his time telling Lynn not to give herself a concussion by headbutting things or other such hilarity. A rational and somewhat serious fairy, he found himself exhausted by Lynn's antics at times. Of note was that he was a light blue colored in contrast to Moon's indigo.

"..."

Her attention back on the lone wolf in front of her she became aware that it was... acting strange for a wolf. It's body language didn't seem normal, especially in front of humans. This was her first clue that something was up. A questioning look came across her face and she found herself reaching for her sword. The wolf wasn't afraid, which it seemed to her like it should've been, but it also wasn't foaming at the mouth. She was honestly... unsure how to react to this and the result was her being on guard. She was only vaguely aware of the others around her at this point.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
The History is a bit short....but I'll accept you anyway since I'm in a good mood (even though I'm sick...) Post when you are ready.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I hope this post doesn't go too far into Cira's ability. I thought it would be a good reason for him to try something a little new. Gotta confuse the random chick who seems to know things. >_>

And I hope you feel better soon, Ichiro.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
d: pooooor ichiro.

oh hey, red, i'm not gonna post until silver rogue does. just so he can get his word in before any new kind of commotion.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
Really? I was going to wait for you! Alright, I'll go ahead and post then, I'm procrastinating anyway right now.

And also forgive me for any crappy posts, I stayed up all of Saturday night, and went to sleep on Sunday at 3 AM playing Call of Duty with my friends. Ah, video games and energy drinks! My sleep schedual is all messed up though, which sucks, and I;m mostly brain dead.

No excuses though! I'll see what I can do.

The warden

I'm back!
Years
I'm not dead!

I'm still working on my SU, I've had a really bad case of writer's block while making this character. But I've sorted that by deleting half my SU and listening to Minecraft songs while I think of new ideas and dance stupidly while no one can see :P

So anyway there's a bit more up now and the rest shouldn't be too long.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Hahaha, not a problem, hadn't counted you out just yet. Still got a bit to go till we close sign ups, so no rush.

Also, @Everyone:
Just for a bit of fun and to liven up the thread, this is something I usually add to SU's, but if your character had a Theme Song or a song that best described them and a common/favourite quotation, what would it be?

Michael's is in my signature below: "Don't always believe what you see; Reality is more often a lie than not." As for his Theme Song, Blurry by Puddle of Mudd.

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Okay, I guess I will reveal Christian's stuff.

Theme song: Rise Today by Alter Bridge

Quote: "Where there is smoke, there is fire."

Couldn't help but using that one. He is a smoke monster after all.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Hey all,

I am in the process of doing a video post of Leon's new weapon, since I'm finding it hard to write down about it, so watch this space for a video.
And now for the Video Post. If you can't view it, the link is here.
Spoiler:

Anyway, for the time being, there is a picture added below, for visual reference. It's called: The Corona.

And before Maddy spams me, yes, it is practically the same as Cole's Amp from inFamous2.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
That weapon...is awesome! Haha, I have a weapon now!

I've been looking for a suitable theme for Leon, but it's hard. Here's what I came up with.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I wanna do a video for the AUP but i have to wait for stuff to happen first ):

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Alright here goes my SU. Will be completed soon. Alright, it's done. The history absolutely SUCKED, imo. >.< Also, I hope that my character not knowing his ability at the start will not create a problem?

Main Information

Name: Sameer "Dexter" Mishra
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 50 kgs.

Appearance:

Nationality: Indian

Atlantean Tattoo: Sameer's Atlantean tattoo can be easily described as completely random and ugly. His Atlantean tattoo is located on his left shoulder, shaped like a crude circle with what looks like arrows passing through it.

Physical: Sameer is a frail young boy, he isn't that tall, and he's extremely skinny. In fact, if he removed his shirt, one could easily count his ribs. Due to his rather scrawny physical appearance, he is often the laughing stock of his classroom. Boasting absolutely no muscle in his arms or legs, if he ever got into a fistfight he probably wouldn't be able to land a single punch. His originally pale skin has a horrible tan now, living in such a hot country. Sameer's hair is jet black, always kept neat and short, with a parting. He never forgets to comb his hair, ever. His eyes are generic dark brown color, extremely close to black, but not quite. One could probably see the difference if they were to see his eyes in bright light. His nails are always short, cut neatly and almost everything in his body is prim and proper. He has a faint mustache (which he's thinking about shaving). His hands are small, but his fingers are long and slender. As for scars and stuff, he has almost none, except for one right above his right knee. As for his face, he has a rather round face which is dotted with quite a lot of freckles. He ears are rather big and appear rather out of place on his otherwise normal face. He has a slouch when he walks, which makes him seem smaller than he already is. His legs are rather short, obviously not meant for running. His teeth are perfectly white and shiny, and he loves to show off by smiling a lot.

Clothing: As for clothing, Sameer likes to stick to neat, clean and simple clothing. Not one to care about fashion, he often ends up wearing clothes that would normally make a person die of embarrassment. He does a care a lot about what he wears though, but his preference in clothing lean more towards formal wear rather than informal. His important attire, which he wears during school or other important events, consists of a simple, clean shirt which can range in a variety of colors, from dull colors like gray to outrageous colors like neon green. They vary in design as well, some are striped while some are plain, with no design. He wears black trousers always, with his shirt tucked in. His shirt pocket will always contain a pen, since he likes to work with them so much. He wears a striped tie too, always straight and tight, never letting it hang loose. His grey socks are always pulled up, and his shoes always polished. He wears cheap plastic spectacles, and without them he is virtually blind.

As for his rather normal clothing, which he wears when he's with friends or family, he still wears a loose hanging, yellow t-shirt with a book drawn on it. As for bottoms, he'll wear jeans that are quite tight for him and make him look quite skinny. When it is cold, he'll wear a thick bottle green sweater and a pair of goofy looking gloves (unfortunately he doesn't care).

As for accessories, Sameer never ever EVER forgets to wear a digital watch on his left hand. He had no piercings on his body, and no tattoos (other than his Atlantean one) as well. Being a true gamer though, he wears a small pendant with the triforce symbol from Legend of Zelda.

Personality: Looking at his appearance, one can easily guess that Sameer is what some might refer to as 'the typical nerd'. He is the kind of person who people hate, yet at the same time they love him as well. He has a rather curious attitude towards life, always hungry for knowledge and information. He is the kind of guy who always the one who reminds the teacher about the homework, and at the same time help children by letting them copy his homework too. Sameer has a rather positive attitude towards life, he is fun loving, likes to joke around, go out for fun activities (not sports) and generally have a good time. Always called smart by most people who encounter him, he is one of the toppers in his class, always having good grades and generally being set as a good example for everybody. This also earned him the nickname, 'Dexter', which originated from the TV show Dexter's Laboratory. Sameer loves to be praised, whether it be from an elder or somebody his age. Being this kind of nerd though, he is highly competitive, and will do anything, and absolutely everything in his power to win and get what he wants to achieve. His sense of humor mostly comprises of subtle, sarcastic jabs that are often not directly insulting. He can be arrogant at times though, act as if he is a know it all and that he is always correct. What he hates the most is when people correct him or tell him that he is wrong. He is a very vengeful person, and will always try to get revenge one way or the other. These few points also show that he is a very determined person though, and does not give up easily.

Socially though, he is an introvert. He is scared of talking to strangers, he generally keeps to himself and only has a small circle of friends with whom he is comfortable hanging out with. It is not easy to become his friend and his trusted ally, Sameer always looks at the pros and cons of a relationship with others. He is quite alert about the new people he meets and it usually takes him quite some time to trust somebody. He has always dreamed of becoming a scientist when he grows up, and becoming famous. Sameer is also the kind of guy who detests any work that involves physical exertion, that doesn't mean that he is lazy, but rather that he doesn't like to run and sweat and that kinda stuff. Due to his small appearance, he has also been a target of numerous bullying attempts, and bullying is something Sameer hates.

His stance towards the new discovery of Atlantean people is quite mixed. He knows that he is an Atlantean, but he hasn't discovered his power yet. While he is extremely excited that he finally has power in his hands, he is scared too, wondering whether he'll ever be able to control his power or not.

As for likes and dislikes, Sameer absolutely loves to read and write. Another interest of his is calligraphy, which he occasionally practices at home. His most favorite genres in books are fantasy/horror. He is also a big gamer, who loves to play video games in his spare time. He likes music, any kind though, as long as it doesn't burst his ears open. As for dislikes, he absolutely hates vegetables, he will ALWAYS avoid them. Some other things he hates are things which he doesn't know about, new things, and change in his usual lifestyle. He also hates the fact that there are some things like dancing, singing, acting and drawing, which he simply cannot do.

As for fears, he has a fear of the dark and heights. He is a rather timid person in general though, who easily gets scared by others.

History: Sameer's lifestyle, at best, can be described as typical. He was born in a small hospital in New Delhi, India, to a upper middle class family who had been living in Delhi for 2 years. He was their first and only child, and they were obviously quite proud to have had a child like him in their family. As a small kid, Sameer grew up always trying to please his parents in anyway possible. Even when he was young, Sameer's parents knew there was something unique about their son, he much more intelligent than the others. After he joined a school, he became involved with the same typical problems that children face, trying to make friends, getting famous, getting good grades, pressure from parents, etc. etc.

But for Sameer, pressure from parents was almost nothing. Ever since he started giving tests, he had always done incredibly well, leaving all other children behind. His parents were always proud of him, and that's what Sameer had wanted to achieve all his life too. He was almost always the one who was selected for competitions to represent his school and he almost always won them too. His highly competitive nature always made him want to keep moving on ahead, try his best and become the best. Sameer's early teenage years though, were a blur as he kept transferring from one school to another, ones that he and his parents felt was the perfect one for him. Due to this, he was never able to forge any permanent friendships, as he kept losing them soon after he left. He remained friendless for quite some time, until his stay in his current school, where he has been able to make some friends.

Throughout his life though, Sameer has almost never had to face any actual problems though. He has never had to really struggle, as he was able to achieve anything he wanted with ease. This led to his problem of becoming a bit arrogant, about which his parents are becoming a bit worried. They fear that his overconfidence would lead to his downfall, and it has been done once, as well, when he had got extremely bad marks in a Hindi (native language of India) paper. While it had been a big blow to his ego, and he had gone through severe depression, being grounded and some huge lectures by his mother. While he did come back strongly in the next set of tests, he still has that arrogant streak in his behavior.

When the news about the Atlanteans was released, Sameer had felt the burning pain in his shoulder but he had refused to believe that he was an Atlantean. He still hasn't discovered his power and doesn't plan to do so either, unless something changes his life drastically and it becomes necessary. Until then though, he'd very much prefer a normal life.

Ability: Sameer has the rather awkward ability to manipulate ink. Since he has not yet experimented with his ability at all (since it hasn't been discovered), his ability is quite limited to only moving ink with the help of his mind. This ink may range from the ink we see in regular ball pens, to fountain pen ink, and even the tattoo ink (not the Atlantean tattoos though). This ability in this stage is pretty useless though, since he cannot fight with this power at all. The power also depends upon his proximity (i.e. how close he is to ink) and what is mood is too. The closer he is, the more power he has over ink and the less energy and concentration will be required to move it a small distance. His mood affects this ability as well, as he may lose control over his power when he is mad or not be able to access it when he is depressed.

Sameer cannot change the properties of ink though, with this power. He can change the color though, but nothing other than that. He will be though, as the power progresses, be able to change the state of ink, be it solid, liquid or even into a gas. He can also alter things written on documents that are written with ink. When his power is much more advanced, he may be able to mold ink into weapons like a knife, but solidifying works in steps as well. At first, the ink may be as brittle as glass, but as he trains it may become more solid and stronger. The few drawbacks of this power are that he has to use a lot of concentration and focus to be able to use this ability for a long time. It's a bit like Water Manipulation, but not exactly that way.

Writing Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back