• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Aquamarine Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I would like the words "Pokémon Aquamarine" somewhere on it, in a Pokémon type style, and try and put onto it this Pokémon, which I have concepted up for you. Don't try and put the art on there, re-draw it and put it on.

I produce to all followers of Aquamarine, MANZAP!:
56KB Warning! But Manzap is here :D

The colouring isn't particularly good because I am absolutely rubbish at Sugi style art.

DARN! It lost colour! I will have to upload as PNG, even if the file is huge.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
i just noticed i might no be able to make a good one but il do my best plz dont critesise after and ur poke might not look to good
EDIT: You might get it late cuz i forgot to install lolz! il try to find my cs2 cd.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
wut pokemon the customs¿ or the title¿ or... something else...¿

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
The Manzap I posted a couple of posts up. I would like to know people's opinions on it.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
The Manzap I posted a couple of posts up. I would like to know people's opinions on it.

It definately needs some work. The design itself is FAR too simple, and there's a difference from making a simple Pokémon to making it look ridiculous. The drawing itself looked like it took you 5 minutes to draw, and it's generally just to... bland.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
D:

I told you I can't colour in Photoshop for my life...

I'll show you a sprite of it later, which looks quite a bit better.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
D:

I told you I can't colour in Photoshop for my life...

I'll show you a sprite of it later, which looks quite a bit better.

I'm mainly concerened with the actual design of the Pokémon, not how you drew it. Seriously, it's just a blue ball with little lines dangling from it; I understand you wanted it to be basic but you've taken it too far. Same with the owl one; it's boring, basic and generally unoriginal.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Manzap is a jellyfish. Also, why is an own basic and unoriginal?

Where have you seen a starter owl before? Never.

And, I think I have decided to re-design the main character. Who likes the idea of playing as Gary? (Possibly with the female being Daisy...)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, Tentacool and Tentacruel are jellyfish too, but look at the detail on them.
And by unoriginal, I think he meant that the design was rather plain, not the idea. If you look at Noctowl, for example, you'll notice it has markings on its chest, and a cool head-thing.
A good thing might be to put more colour on your sprites: Strigiphyl only has that weird green tinge and black, while Manzap is entirely blue.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I really have to agree with Mrchewy there.

Have a look at Acanthite's old jellyfish starter, Squink.

500.png

Don't be afraid to drift away from reality, it's what makes Pokemon what they are :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I really need somebody to sprite a Gary back sprite, and possibly frontsprite and overworld. At the moment, I have implemented a new windowskin, and put in the FRLG Gary graphics, but would like to go custom with them.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
I dont think youre so bad at spriting at all. i mean, even starting out spriting, you get somewhere eventually :) the bird pokemon (forgot its name) looks great, i have nothing against it. Manzap looks ok as well, keep it up Lorem!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Thanks, Sonic! Thanks for the encouragement.

I have outlined the sprite for Stridgiroot, which should look pretty good. I am yet to colour it, but my outlining skills are a lot better.

Whadd'you think?

strigiphylqk4.png

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
Years
i think it looks great, my outlining skills are quite great also. i have shown some of my outlines to my friends and they think that they are okay, but its a very hard task of doing it. a lot of work is put into it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
The back wing looks a little odd, and you may want to add another eyebrow (it looks strange).
Oh yeah, and make its talons a little longer.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
Manzap is a jellyfish. Also, why is an own basic and unoriginal?

Where have you seen a starter owl before? Never.

And, I think I have decided to re-design the main character. Who likes the idea of playing as Gary? (Possibly with the female being Daisy...)
Playing as gary¿ "shudders" Ughhh... scary... but i would play tho
EDIT: i only said that cuz i personally detest gary but i would still play and also tell me if my scratch sprites got better (i wont flip this time if u don't like em):

Last edited:

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
my designs always suck! and im gonna make a custom grass starter thats better than a leaf...

i finaly saved it as png! here it is:
he turns into a grass dinosaur!
sorry for double post

i finaly saved it as png! here it is:
he turns into a grass dinosaur!
sorry for double post

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back