• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Red 386 & Starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2008
sorry if it's not the right place, but i couldn't find a better one :(

first of all, i have an idea (for you to do :P) that is to remake all the versions, or some :B with only one change: at the beginning, instead of choosing one of three starters, we could have a list of all 386 pokes to choose one, lv.5 =D

and second, a little help. i play pkmn at my Supercard CF in GBA SP. i've played Emerald 386 until the Battle Frontier without problemns, but i've tried with Fire Red 386 and i couldn't because it's not saving in the normal game menu (i save at the L + R + B + Select) and if i get with the game like this to Elite 4, Hall of Fame when the game saves automaticaly, the game will crash (the save bug, remember?). I've tried a IPS patch i've found in this version of the hack, but the problem is still there. I don't know if i patched it correctly. someone could help me with it? i want to have all 386 in FR/LG :(

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
Well, one out of all of the 386 can be picked as a starter? Uhh... I don't think that'd be good. Maybe one out of every basic and baby form of Pokemon excluding ledgendaries. That way, you couldn't start off with... say... a Lv. 5 Walrein or a Lv. 5 Ho-oh. A choice out of every Pokemon just wouldn't make sense.

I'm afraid I can't help you with your saving problem.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2008
Well, one out of all of the 386 can be picked as a starter? Uhh... I don't think that'd be good. Maybe one out of every basic and baby form of Pokemon excluding ledgendaries. That way, you couldn't start off with... say... a Lv. 5 Walrein or a Lv. 5 Ho-oh. A choice out of every Pokemon just wouldn't make sense.

I'm afraid I can't help you with your saving problem.

yeaah, i thought about it too, i 'mean' 386, but excluding legendaries and some of then, of course.
ok, thanks for reading anyway :D

again people, yes and sorry: the main objective of the topic is the save problem :( :( :(

Well, you should use Earthvisitor's scirpt for "Starter Picker". It's in Scrapbox.

hahha thanks, but i'm afraid it was an idea for someone, cause for me i would like to raise some pkmns from the beginning, but i don't know how to hack :B

Last edited:

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
sorry if it's not the right place, but i couldn't find a better one :(

i have an idea (for you to do :P) that is to remake all the versions, or some :B with only one change: at the beginning, instead of choosing one of three starters, we could have a list of all 386 pokes to choose one, lv.5 =D

Mmm it isn't exactly a good idea since some pokemon would have either just one stat reduction move (no attacks) or unbalanced movesets, and some wouldnt listen to you (aka Deoxys, etc.)

Also remaking all of the versions (Red/Blue/Yellow,Silver/Gold/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) would require A LOT of space in the rom.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Do you really think that's a good idea? :\

To backup what Deokishisu's statement, starting out with a Level 5 Walrein, or any strong Pokemon for that matter, would make the game way too easy. It takes the fun out of training your small Pokemon into strong ones. Sure, with that you can just tell me "So then we'll start with a Level 5 Spheal!" Sure, that's all good and fun, but I can tell you that half of the people who are going to play this modification of whatever version will take the opportunity to have a weak Legendary Pokemon, of which are hard to train, and don't have evolution stages. Picking a Level 5 Mew would make you have a hell of a time starting out.
The player may also end up being intent on training that Pokemon only to see what it's like, since they've, hypothetically, never played a modification like this one.

If you're really looking to make something like this, you might have to do it on your own, since it doesn't seem like that much of a famous idea, to me anyway. When you make it, or find someone as enthusiastic to make it as you are, I suggest you keep out all legendaries and ubers, as well as 2nd Stage Evolution and up. That way it would be somewhat fair, and you can have the fun of training a small Pokemon into a big and strong one.

I don't know how to fix your problem, sorry. :\

Also remaking all of the versions (Red/Blue/Yellow,Silver/Gold/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald) would require A LOT of space in the rom.

He meant to remake them one by one. :x

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2022
I encountered a problem with the Pokemon FireRed 386 game, I cannot access the PC, every time I try it goes to a Black Screen and nothing happens.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Do not revive month old threads.

*Locks*

PS. cloudffvii2696, report the post next time rather then mini modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back