• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Sato

N'cha!
Years
I had trouble with Jigglypuff too at first, but after digging back a few pages in the thread, I discovered that you have to go back to the shop from the Paras episode and buy some Berry Juice. As for Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden... That isn't in this beta! It ends with "Who Gets To Keep Togepi?", you'll just have to wait for the third beta.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2011
I download beta 2.1 but I don't have the programm to open it.. plz tell me quickly what programm should I use!

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
uhh how do i get the the next city im in cerulian city and i got bulbasaur, beat the trainers (all of them) above the city but the guard wont let me go south

nvm about that but new question what am i sapose to do in saffron city once i get haunter? i go fight sabrina haunter dissapears and i loose every time. am i sapose to be able to beat that OP kadabra of hers without it? cuz he one shots all my guys (lvls 23-25)

Last edited:
Years
What I meant by adding a resaurant to Neon Town was the Celadon Restaurant and where do you get the coin case? Also add Stalls outside the circus with Melvin like the ones in Platinum's Battle Frontier. Can you change the Geodude and Onix evolution family to pure rock so I can faint them with electric attacks like the anime?

Years
i have a question ! Why don't i battle with LT.surge in vermilion city in pokemon ash gray 2.1 ? please help me !!!

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2010
Metapod, I have a question about your game.

Whatever happens to the people on the ship? Do they die or do they get back to land?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Quite a good hack, I must say. Although on the topic of changing levels that stuff happens, any chance of making it so that Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle don't evolve until later than level 16? Or if that's not easily done, perhaps make some Everstones available relatively early on? (I let Charmander evolve at level 34 when I was in the Exeggutor event, Charmeleon evolved into Charizard just before I fought Aerodactyl, so that's already pretty good as is if you do manage to modify the levels of evolution.)

I've thought about that, but there's no real good way to make them evolve at certain times and with Charmeleon, it evolves into Charizard after a couple of level ups only at the most, which wouldn't work (like, say, changing it to evolve into Charmeleon at level 34 and then Charizard and 36 - it would be weird, and then not to have Bulbasaur and Squirtle really ever reach a high enough level to evolve would be strange, too).

You will get an Everstone in the Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden event, provided you still have Bublasaur on your team.

Oh and right... You might want to do something about the level of Sabrina's Kadabra? It's ridiculously over-leveled for the part of the game it's in. Being about 10 levels higher than all my Pokemon at the time, it tended to hand out instant OHKO's before I could even attack. I had to rely on getting critical hits on Pidgeotto's and Pikachu's Quick Attack and using a revive. The rest of the game (I just gave Misty the Togepi) always seemed to have Pokemon with levels around the same as my own. Along the way I noticed a few graphical bugs and grammatical issues, but nothing particularly major. The main one that sticks out in my head is saying that James's parents have "past away", instead of "passed away" as it should.

I still like having Kadabra be pretty hard, considering Ash never beat it and it pwned all his Pokemon in the anime, anyway. Also, considering Ash does get to Saffron City two badges early than he should. It just needs to be paralyzed to give your team a fighting chance.

Metapod, I have a question about your game.

Whatever happens to the people on the ship? Do they die or do they get back to land?

They die for all intents and purposes.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2023
On 2.1 is a Bug in the Lighttower of Bill, I can´t go outside from the Lighttower

Can I play the savegame from the older versions on the new Version?

Years
The TV in the first floor of your house will freeze if you talk to it. Also in Mt. Moon there is a Biker Rex has a Cue Ball sprite and there is a Hiker named Vlog. I think Vlog means making a video.

Pokemon_123

Pikachu...
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2010
When you're about to leave mount moon you climb a ladder. Once you've climbed it, it looks like it takes you higher but it'll take you down.
Just wondering, could you make pikachu follow you throughout?
And also, could you make brock and misty appear more like in the anime
Still, its a great hack!

Years
When you're about to leave mount moon you climb a ladder. Once you've climbed it, it looks like it takes you higher but it'll take you down.
Just wondering, could you make pikachu follow you throughout?
And also, could you make brock and misty appear more like in the anime
Still, its a great hack!

I don't think it is possible to have the pikachu follow you like the way it did in yellow, could make a sprite though having both, but that would look horrible imo.

fmns42

4chan master
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Ash gray wont work

Ash gray 2.1 doesnt work. i can play, but it wont let me save it says error :(

Years
I think you should setup a new gba and save it then . Or you play a save pokemon ash gray version 1.65 then use that save for pokemon ash gray version 2.1 . Sorry, my english is very bad .

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Hello Gr8 hack sir,

I wanted to ask you about confusion.
before when i asked u that my butterfree didnt learn confusion at level 10 then u told u made it in that way that it will learn later.
But now i m having butterfree at 27th level.Still it didnt learn confusion.
Someone.Please tell me when it will learn or whether it will learn?

Plz help.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hello Gr8 hack sir,

I wanted to ask you about confusion.
before when i asked u that my butterfree didnt learn confusion at level 10 then u told u made it in that way that it will learn later.
But now i m having butterfree at 27th level.Still it didnt learn confusion.
Someone.Please tell me when it will learn or whether it will learn?

Plz help.

Just one more level - it should learn it at 28.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I get the bike, to be able to do the episode where Ash takes medicine to Sunnyshore City. Also, there is an error in the running shoes, pretty soon it makes Ash start walking in a certian direction and he refuses to walk any other way.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I don't think it is possible to have the pikachu follow you like the way it did in yellow, could make a sprite though having both, but that would look horrible imo.

that's still impossible. If you play HG/SS, you realize if you walk up and over, the pikachu is facing another direction than you are. It's just simply impossible at this stage in the game to emulate a person following you.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
If no one knows how to activate The Bridge Bike Gang episode I'll just use the Walk though Walls code and skip it.

Back