• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you hunt/eat Pokémon?

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
Years
If Pokémon were real, would you hunt 'em or eat 'em?

Look I don't want to get into a meat-eaters vs. vegetarians and hunters vs. non-hunters debate. I'm just curious whether people would or not. I mean, killing cows and sheep and eating 'em is okay as far as most people are concerned, as is hunting deer and rabbits.

So is hunting/eating Pokémon also okay by your standards, or no because they're superior in intelligence and abilities to animals?

Personally, I'm not able to hunt or kill any other being, animal or Pokémon (not even bugs, lol, except of course, for the pests - I do kill mice, cockroaches, etc.).

However, I do eat meat (though sometimes I wish I didn't). So I guess that yeah, I'd eat Magikarp and whatnot as long as I didn't have to kill the poor thing myself. =/

There is plenty of evidence that people do hunt in the Pokémon world, so don't go "OMGZ KILLING LAPRAS THATZ JUST CRUEL WHO'D DO DAT!!"

Uh, welcome to reality? People kill cougars, foxes, wolves, deer, rabbits, sharks, minks, bears and the list goes on (no, I do not support hunting. I'm just stating the facts). So why not Lapras or Wailord or whatever? 'Cause it's cuter and smarter? So then it's only okay to kill non-cute, dumb things? XD

It may seem that I'm comfortable with the idea, but actually I'm not, XD. If Pokémon were real and there were like Luvdisc sandwiches or something I'd prolly be a little freaked out. Not necessarily because it's wrong, but just because most of us don't think of Pokémon that way...

Anyways, state your thoughts on this. And remember, no flame wars!! This is not an almighty debate of the ultimate truth, just a thread like any other. Give your opinion, read others and agree/disagree with them, but that's it.

PokemonRox

h a r u h i
Years
I would Never Kill or hert a pokemon there so awesome with all there attacks and all they can do
:t112:~PokeRox~

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
Any animal that exists people will eat it if they are desperate enough. However I would eat normal Pokemon like Miltank and Magicarp. But not rare pokemon like lapras. But come on lets be reasonable. If we all lived in pokemon time and this reality was a comic book or something and someone asked "Would you eat cows". You guys would say NO WAY COWS ARE COOL.

Anyway I would post Yes I would if I would be desperate enough. But just normal pokemon and not rare or unusual kinds.

Years
  • Age 32
  • MA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
Realistically? O.o

I don't think I'd ever actually be able to take the life of another living creature, whether it be a pokemon, a deer, a bear, whatever...

About eating them...uh...probably.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
lol, I'd have Pidgeot for Thanksgiving. Spoink for Christmas!

It wouldn't be that contravertial if Pokemon were real.

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
Years
XD wouldn't Farfetch'd be better for Thanksgiving? It's no turkey, but Pidgeot for Thanksgiving sounds even more... farfetch'd. :P

And Spoink for Christmas wouldn't fill you up too much. Better get a Grumpig, though with its Psychic powers, it'd be tough to get it. XD

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Yep, I'd eat them!!! *licking lips* MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm, tauros, mushed together with cheese, lettuce, tommato, and pickle!! And slapped between to buns!! ^_^
DELICOUS

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ew~No way ;;
Expecially not the cute ones, Pokemon..they seem more special than the actual animals, so no~

Years
Interesting thread, pretty realistic, of course if pokemon were real.
Anyway I wouldn't hunt pokemon(unless I was in situation where my life depended on it. Like if I was starving and trapted on a desert island or sth and wouldn't have nothing else to eat, but that's so unlikely so...) but I guess I would eat them, at least those which a lot of ppl would too, like maybe Far'fetched.

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2008
Ofcourse i would.
It's like my friend always says, u kill 'em with ur hands, u eat 'em with ur hands!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
i wuld do both, i mean how cool would it be to have a charizard head mounted on your wall?

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
Pokemon are basically animals. So, yeah. I would eat them. Though, I doubt many of the Pokemon are edible. Sure, Mareep is basically a sheep, but wouldn't you get electricuted by eating it? Though, Miltank does look plump and juicy... *Drools.*

And I remember in the anime that they've eaten Pokemon before. The Pokedex data for Farfetch'd stated that they can be made into a tasty soup. And I also remember Ash eating a fried Magikarp at a carnival.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Actually, if I remember correctly, there ARE Regular foods, such as Vegitables and Chicken, and other things of the sort, so would there really be a need to eat pokemon persay?

And on the topic of killing ugly or cute things, I think we're getting into a bit of a hitler situation here. The japanese were with the Axis powers at one point! :3

Back