• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
How do I change Deoxys Speed icon in Pokémon Emerald? I can change the icon of Normal Deoxys but the programs I have to change icons don't show Deoxys Speed icon...

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Heres my problem,I added some ows to firered.It shows up in the owe and in a-map ,but its pallet is messed up.In vba,it shows up as the boat,can someone help?(I added a picture to show the problem.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Well I never tried adding overworld sprites but pokepal said(correct me if I am wrong) sprite numbers over 150 are used for specials and to add more sprites you need asm. Sorry man :/

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Well I never tried adding overworld sprites but pokepal said(correct me if I am wrong) sprite numbers over 150 are used for specials and to add more sprites you need asm. Sorry man :/

Yep, I wish it wasn't so. But there are variables used to set the sprites for those special sprites. An example is an OW with the number of 240 will use the variable 0x4010 to determine it's sprite.

I edit a sprite from unLZ-GBA when I press Insert it says " Error: Image is not indexed."
how do I fix this?

PS: I am using Photoshop if that helps.

In Photoshop goto image -> mode -> indexed colour and then make sure it's 16 colours. :P

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Four questions:

1. Is there any way to change the key of an existing song in the ROM?

2. How many tracks/channels can a GBA song have?

3. What is a good .midi song maker for Mac?

4. What is the procedure from converting an .midi file to a GBA song file, and then inserting it over an existing song?

Thanks for any answers.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
@AztecFire:

Garageband​

4. What is the procedure from converting an .midi file to a GBA song file, and then inserting it over an existing song?
There are SOOOO many tutorials on this, I recommend Magnius's​

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
@AztecFire:

Garageband​

There are SOOOO many tutorials on this, I recommend Magnius's​

Could you be specific on what version?

The Garageband I have on my Mac is really old (from 2004), and it can't make .midi's. Ever since the operating system was upgraded on it, I can't even use the program at all because it's extremely glitchy, and to upgrade it I would have to purchase iLife 09...

Is there a free .midi maker available for Mac?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
How do I change Deoxys Speed icon in Pokémon Emerald? I can change the icon of Normal Deoxys but the programs I have to change icons don't show Deoxys Speed icon...

If you're using APIE, there's a way to do it (although it is a bit complicated).
The Speed Forme icon is directly after the Normal Forme icon. An icon is a 32x64 4bpp image; therefore, the Speed Forme icon's offset is the Normal Forme offset + 1024 (0x400). You can repoint one of the empty slots' icons to that address. If you do that, changing that slot's icon will also change Deoxys' icon. You can then repoint it back if you need to use it.

Alternatively, use a tile editor; the offset is, again, the Normal Forme's icon + 0x400.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Yep, I wish it wasn't so. But there are variables used to set the sprites for those special sprites. An example is an OW with the number of 240 will use the variable 0x4010 to determine it's sprite.

So your saying that it is possible to have more ows,you just have to use variables? Could you explain this a litle more?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
So your saying that it is possible to have more ows,you just have to use variables? Could you explain this a litle more?

No, it's possible to use the Ows in Fire Red after 151 because you can set them by variables. Unless you got ASM involved, attempting to add new ones would just be pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back