• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Champion Iris help?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
I can't seem to defeat Haxorus it keeps using earthquake on me which i have to keep healing to survive xD i can't attack since im healing but i got like 100 revives and hyper potions i think :P
Team:Emboar Lv.50 Cobalion Lv.58 Virizion Lv.53 Terrakion Lv.53 Azumarill Lv.53 Gurdurr Lv.54
Moves:Emboar-Heat Crash, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Head Smash.
Cobalion-Sacred Sword, Iron Head, Retaliate, Swords Dance.
Virizion-Sacred Sword, Giga Drain, Retaliate, Swords Dance.
Terrakion-Sacred Sword, Rock Slide, Retaliate, Swords Dance.
Azumarill-Hydro Pump, Surf, Superpower, Strength. (I could change it into Blizzard/Ice Beam just tell me :P )
GurDurr-Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Scary face.

I do know it's a pretty weak team but it's all i got so please help! T_T i saved on iris because elite four, i could barely beat them i must suck at this game because i can never defeat the games with champions in them sorry for the REALLY long thread i bet no one would read this X_X

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is it not acceptable to lose and train more?
Yeah, Champions can be beaten by using underleveled Pokémon but diversity is an important aspect...
Your team consists mainly of Fighting types... which is in fact very advantageous against Iris but half of your team is weak to EQ...
If possible, send Virizion against Haxorus, it shouldn't use EQ, and if it does, it won't give that big of a damage...
What you are clearly missing is the mentioned Ice Beam as you should have ice type attack against dragons.
Your Emboar has also poor moveset... 3 Fire attacks will be totally useless here.

Years
Ash has basically got you covered, but yes you are lacking an Ice move which is vital for hitting Dragons super-effectively. Just remember that Azumarill has horrible Special Attack so Surf may not be that great other than being able to get around Iris' Aggron's high Defense. If yours has Huge Power definitely give it Ice Punch by trading in some Red Shards to the Move Tutor in Driftveil City.

Otherwise, replace it with a Starmie since you don't have any Special-based attackers on your team. If you do decide to go with Starmie, a good moveset should be Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam.

And as Ash said, having too many STAB moves on one Pokemon can render you at a disadvantage like with your Emboar there. You should also go to the Pokemon World Tournament and trade in a Heart Scale to learn Hammer Arm since your Emboar is lacking a Fighting STAB, and most of Iris' team has a bit of a Fighting weakness. In fact, 3 of her Pokemon are weak to Fighting.

Just remember that Iris' Haxorus carries Earthquake, which half your team are weak to.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2013
Is it not acceptable to lose and train more?
Yeah, Champions can be beaten by using underleveled Pokémon but diversity is an important aspect...
Your team consists mainly of Fighting types... which is in fact very advantageous against Iris but half of your team is weak to EQ...
If possible, send Virizion against Haxorus, it shouldn't use EQ, and if it does, it won't give that big of a damage...
What you are clearly missing is the mentioned Ice Beam as you should have ice type attack against dragons.
Your Emboar has also poor moveset... 3 Fire attacks will be totally useless here.
I really don't know what else to say but o_o lol im stupid and don't know which are weak to earthquake can you tell me? and should i tell you what pokemon are in my pc? because i taught azumarill blizzard and ice beam. it does such small damage so what do i do T_T ok. i will freaking just get new moves but it's hard for me to defeat ghost and psychic elite four i was lucky enough because the attacks missed me on the last pokemon :P i suck so much at english don't you think? :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2013
put ice beam or blizzard in azumarill chenge hydro pump.and use your virizion cablion terakion to defeat lapras and aggron.
and go to mistralton city and teach your emboar hammer arm. you need heart scale. delete fire blast and heat crash. heat crash only deals lot of damage if your opponent is lighter, and fire blast is inaccurate. maybe, put different type in your moveset. moves that can defeat your pokemon's weakness. and if you can, try to level up your pokemon to level 55. Good Day.

Last edited:
Back