• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Mega evolution so far is your...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
At the moment I'm most loving mega Blastoise. It's a shame that his attacks are still fired from his mouth despite him having three huge cannons (even Hydro Cannon seemed to be in the trailer?), but his design is great enough to make up for it. I also like Absol and Kangaskhan's mega forms, but Blastoise wins.

Years
Top 5: Starting with most favorite
1. Venusaur, 2. Mawile, 3. Charizard, 4. Ampharos, 5. Mewtwo

Bottom 5: Starting with least favorite
1. Lucario, 2. Blastoise, 3. Kangaskan, 4. Absol, 5. Blazekin

Venusaur's evolution has a very tasteful addition of it's more intricate jungle foliage design. Mawile and Charizard, similarly, feel the same, yet enhanced. The designs seem deliberate and purposeful rather than adding a extra bells and whistles aimlessly. Ampharos, this one is controversial. However, the hair is not a random addition, rather, it distinguishes Ampharos as a bearded Dragon, also tying in the sheep wool ancestry. Lastly, 'New'Two has an interesting horned-crown design, also the elongated and tapered head-tail, suits the intelligent enigmatic personality of Mewtwo.

Generally, for the ones I am not fond of, there seems to be many unnecessary tassels, odd color palettes, over-design, or just plain-old gauche designs in relation to the Kangaskan line.

Fighting Girl

Fighting Type Master
Years
Mega Blaziken. Blaziken is my favourite starter Pokemon and when I saw its mega evolution I thought awesome. My favourite starter is even cooler now

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
My favorite would be MegaAbsol... she's fabulous...and now comes with freakin awesome wings! Meanwile, my least favorite of them all would be MegaKangaskhan...I really think they could've done more than getting the baby out of the pouch.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
My favorite Mega Evolutions are Mawile, Blaziken, Blastoise, Absol, Mewtwo Y and Ampharos by design. By usefulness, I'd say Venusaur and Charizard.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Mega Blastoise is great, but my favorite is the simple MegaKangaskhan. I was okay with it at first but now I'm looking at Mega-Evolutions as rather gaudy. Oh well, none of them look awful anyways.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Honestly, I like all of them almost equally. I have to choose though, so my favorites are Charizard, Mawile and Absol while my least favourite is Kangaskhan. Charizard looks amazinggg with its dragonised makeover, Mawile just became totes badass and Absol grew wings <3 Kangaskhan on the other hand doesn't have too much to cheer for imo. Its baby just came out from its pocket and...basically, that's it.

Years
To be honest I love all of them, except one.Mega Kangaskhan just doesn't feel mega, when you compare her to the other megas she just seems out of place.

Victreebel's Bro

The Day Is My Enemy
Years
I'm gonna list them from favourite to least favourite
- Mawile
- Garchomp
- Lucario
- Mewtwo X
- Charizard
- Blastoise
- Blaziken
- Mewtwo Y
- Absol
- Ampharos
- Venusaur
- Kangaskhan

Quick summary on all of them:
Mawile got some major improvements (stat and design wise) and shes definately my favourite, Garchomp has freaking blades for arms, Lucario looks pretty beast, Mewtwo X is simple design wise which I prefer it to the Y version, Charizard has a more dragon like design (still fire flying °O°), Blastoise has a huge cannon and miniature cannons on his hands, Blaziken is a bit complex, but he's cool, Mewtwo Y looks strange (half Jessie half Dragonball Z hybrid?), Absol, IMO, is a bit lacking in design, Ampharos has great hair (most creative design ever), Venusaur just looks the same, Kangaskhan is just terrible.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Baby Kangaskan. *sniffle* They grow up so fast!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, I must say. Mega Charizard X is pretty awesome. Blue fire is so cool.

1380716715-mega-charizard-x-official-art.png

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
Years
Mega Absol is the best megaevo because it's not nearly as overdesigned as the others. Mega Blaziken is cool as well.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I guess I'll go with Mega Mewtwo Y as my favourite. I kind of like the design and things but I'm quite disappointed with its stats and all... oh well, it's no big deal. He's still pretty cool and apparently has a very simple design (unlike those megas who have the world crammed into them).

I don't have any least favourites but Mega Gengar doesn't quite hit the mark so well. His features don't make much sense and those... things that look like limbs are really creepy. I think the problem arrived when they tried to give an uplift to one of the simplest (yet one of the best) designs ever in Pokémon without ruining his general effect. I'm not complaining, though, I couldn't do much more had I given the task of creating a mega for him.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
Has to be Mega Aggron. I have a long running history with Aggron and I was so glad to hear that they got some attention this Generation. Their new form looks utterly lethal and the removal of the Rock typing means his weaknesses are not nearly as dangerous. I'm still on the hunt for the Aggronite but once I do he'll become an incredibly valuable team member I'm sure.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Definitely MegaMawile. It looks amazing and its Base 259 Attack is nothing to sneeze at, considering it's past the threshold of Attack Pokemon can even have. \o/

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Mega Absol. It actually seems like a natural progression of the Pokemon, whereas many of the others just take the existing Pokemon and slap more markings and bits on them. Plus, it looks like some sort of angel of death.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
My favorite mega-evolution so far is Mega Gardevior. Its simplistic, yet fitting.

I personally dislike the majority of the Mega Evolutions. Most look too out of place to me, or are too jagged.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
I'm generally not a fan of the whole idea, but MegaMawile easily takes the cake.

-Looks like a proper evolution.
-Doesn't look as over-the-top/superfluous as some other ones.
-Makes the new Fairy type less stupid-sounding, whence paired with its Steel. Immunity to both Poison and Dragon is pretty kickass.
-Having Huge Power is basically God Mode. With proper training, MegaMawile at level 100 has the strongest attack in the game.

Back