• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Same Level Addict

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Just recently, this has become a pretty bad habit of mine. I can't go to the next city without all my Pokemon being the same level! At least... not easily. I have to consciously tell myself at times that grinding the last few levels would take far too long and to just move on--if that doesn't happen, I usually start to play less and less while I grind until I get to the necessary levels. It honestly gets pretty bad sometimes to where I get all the EXP bars to the same relative length. It is kind of funny, if you think about it... because this is a total 360 from when I first started playing.

When I first started playing, I was horrible at leveling up my team. I pretty much only battled my starter and maybe one other Pokemon. Hell, why not?? Your starter is generally your strongest unless you neglect it, so that was my reasoning. Why would I use a weaker pokemon that will barely be able to win when I can just send out my starter and kick ass in two seconds flat? I wasn't able to see it then... but the answer is because by the time I get to the E4, I'm gonna get womped on because I only have one Pokemon--not counting any legendaries that I just caught-- that can stand up to theirs which usually involves me then using a copious amount of Max Revives and Full Restores. or Heals or what have you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
In the past I've only used one Pokemon to run through every Pokemon game. After I'd finished the game, I took my time to begin training other Pokemon.

Nowadays I normally try to train them on the same level as often as I can, but mostly if I ran into trouble (enemies to strong). Also it often depends on which Pokemon I have on my team and if there's another one later on in the game I want on my team.

Asuna_Yuuki

your regular overlord
Years
I used to not do this a few years back. I always had my starter way stronger than every other Pokémon. I realized this had to change when I played Emerald and my Swampert was over 25 levels ahead of everyone else. I didn't have the patience to catch everyone up so I restarted my game and since then I always try to keep them at about the same level. It can vary 2-3 levels, though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No not really, but sort of. I try to keep all of my Pokemon either at the same level or only a few levels apart from each other. Usually all of my Pokemon are only 1-3 levels apart from each. As a kid, I'd only train one Pokemon on my team. Now I realize that is a pretty unfair disadvantage cause other Pokemon don't get training and the game becomes way too easy with a Pokemon 20+ levels higher than other trainers' Pokemon. Also cause I had only one strong Pokemon to beat the E4 with, I wouldn't win against them so easily. So I try to keep my team at the same level or a few levels apart for gym leaders and E4.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Well, usually the most effective team member's the highest level, anything beyond that, and it's usually my starter. I usually keep them 1-2 levels apart maybe, just so they aren't too weak, but aren't overpowered, as to make the game a bit of a challenge.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I absolutely do this, otherwise I'd have under leveled Pokemon that would have to be grinded up by the time I got to the league, not to mention it would just feel weird.

I generally level up each Pokemon up one level, and then switch out until everyone's at that level, and then go back to the first, unless a Pokemon is two or three levels away from evolution.

Years
I always do that, but that's little easier for me, because I usually have 3 Pokemons in my party so that's not big problem. For example, when Raticate level up to 32, my Fearow and Beedrill have 31 then I often switch Raticate and train Fearow and Beedrill to 32. I always start Pokemon League with same levels around 70-80.

Years
I absolutely do this. Usually at points in the game where it might take slightly longer from one Gym Leader to the next (ie. in GS/HGSS, after beating Morty I usually do the Lighthouse business and battle everyone on the Sea Route on the way to Cianwood, which.. well, that's plenty of trainers!). By the time I reach Chuck I like to have everything in my team at least level 30, and if at all possible everything at the same level.

I also try to have this for the League, but if I've been playing long enough I normally settle with them all being within about 3 levels of each other :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I tend to do this, as well. Typically, unless I am in an area where one Pokemon specifically shines (I.E. Fighting or Grass or Water inside caves, etc.), I'll rotate pokemon in my team, putting my highest level in my last spot and my lowest in first. I'll switch out to type-effectiveness and split the exp.

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I always rotate my pokemon so that when one levels up, I switch it in for the enxt one, and give the lucky egg to them so as to make training easier. I usually keep it in a specific order, but if the pokemon is badly outmatched by one then I'll put in another. i often do this past the point of wisdom such as sending up my vaniluxe against fighting types just to stay in order.

I will break this routine for the elite four/gym battles though where i just want to win.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
Nice to see I'm not the only one who does this. I like keeping my starter Pokemon 2 or 3 levels higher than the rest of my team just to differentiate it from the rest of my team as my main Pokemon.

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
Years
I'm not the only one who does this! ^_^ Every single gym, I always want all of my Pokémon at the same level. none of this one Level 15 and one Level 52 madness. I also, when training, always train by 2 levels each time and then swap to the next Pokémon in my order. The only time I have one of my Pokémon 2 levels higher is usually for the E4 if they can just act as my sweeper.

Back