• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking Ruby Title Screen Completely Step By Step

domdomdommy

US Navy
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
I hate guides like this... been trying this **** for over three ****ing years **** unlz... You go on a good spree of explaining the tut well then you veer off and expect us to know some of this ****. Like I used raikou and made the palette map purple and did everything and i got the same error as the bulbasaur guy but you don't explain it well and when i go to APE it says invalid palette loaded i give up

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2013
I don't know if there's still someone who can help me, since this is a pretty old thread.
First of all, thanks so much for the tutorial. Though it was a little confusing sometimes, I managed to understand it all.
I followed each step carefully and I'm sure I did almost everything right. So I'd like to know what I did wrong to get something like a pink screen where the sprite is hidden by the colours.
I think I messed it up when I worked to the palette, though I can't seem to figure out what. The only problem is I can't post the image here since I don't have 15 posts.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I hope you don't mine but for the Pokemon Logo I edited your purple one and put it into my game ( I am a horrible artist)

Please tell me if you want to be in the credits...

DarkSerenity

Kari-Chan
Years
Awesome tutorial. It really helped me a lot (Even though I had to retry over 9000 times to get the steps right XD) But I finally created my title screen.. It's agonisingly plain but who cares, at least I made one, finally! (It's plain because it only has the colours purple, black and violet. With no pokemon sprite) Now I just need to figure out how to change the introduction (With the professor) Sorry for all the brackets ahha. Thanks for the tutorial!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
wLf2pYbv90lVwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
i followed the instructions but this i get

Back