• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
I like most of them, but I don't really like the kanto version. Its...i don't know, its like it doesn't fit. But heres another thing to take in.

When you do variations, you don't have to make a pokemon for every region, you could just make one variation, or two, or three, mabey even four. But this lesson is just that, you don't have to have a variation for evy region, or area.

Wow, that look's great! Like I said, any in-game screenshots?
Well, all those maps I posted are in game, unless you just want to see the character in the center of the screen, they are basically the same. But yeah, I will get some up.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
Actually, I think that you should worry about spriting later and do the engines like the CBS, leave the sprites to us to post up.

Edit: I included an image, check it and spot the difference.
Edit 2: I screwed the colours, but deleted the little bumps around the head. Again, I screwed it. I'll actually try for the next one.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
The colour is too bright !
Try another edit instead of colour^^

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
well, this was a complete colour change and removed spikes, its still pretty bad though.

Edit: These are better.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I dont think you should remove the spikes because this is where a Chikoritta attack enemy. So maybe you can edit the leaves on it head^^
Just an advice.
Like this:
chikoritawi7.png

Tell me what you all think?

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I like it, I think it would fit as male. I always thought as Chikorita as a feminine Pokémon that doesn't like to get in trouble.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
damn jake, those look awesome
jonsploder, i dont' really like any of the pokemon that you've done. they don't really seem to be variations, just a simple effect done by photoshop. and like when you removed the spikes, that just looked weird. and the quality wasn't that good, and it just looked worse because of that

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
I tried out Corsola.
6xjqv6w.png

Johto, Hoenn, Orange Island, Fiore, and Orre are the same.

Captain Arcane

Years
Eh, I think the male losing its growths are a bit to much. Looks empty, I'd try just taking away some or all its bubbles on its surface, instead of its growths.

Okay, I have compiled all the new variations that are complete so far. And I edited some of the Sableyes because some of their points where a little sketchy, and I added a new feature to some of the female Sableyes. Enjoy
variationxn9.png

Last edited:

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
NICE! Execpt the onyx are not great. Otherwise its great. I have relised that I am a terrible spriter, lol. Don't expect anything great from me. Otherwise its great, but as I said- I think that you should do the CBS and CMS FIRST, then the pag and PC and the complex things that need doin'.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Ya, I agreed with jonsploder.
You should have a working CBS and CMS at first^^

Captain Arcane

Years
Well, the two Onyx variants are kinda special.

First:
Onyxes that inhabit the mountains of Pallet Town in the anime are said to be huge, and extremely strong, and even Bruno of the Elite Four trains there. So I made the Onyx a little more earthy like, intead of just rock that looks like it was carved out of Fred Flinstones house.

Second:
The Crystal Onyx is from an episode of the 2nd season of the anime in the orange islands. It lives in the crystal caves, and is thought to be a myth to the people of Sunburst Island.

So they both are anime related. But yeah, your opinion is your opinion.

Well, I'm not the best at scripting, but I'm still learning, Legaia hasn't been on in a while, but I'm not dependent on him. But like I said, I'm still learning many things about java script (which is what sphere runs off of). And yes, all those are very important, but so are other things. I"m just taking it one step at a time.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
But you have to make sure you can script the CMS and CBS things.
If not, you will give up the project because of no CMS and CBS.

I can help in those variation.

Captain Arcane

Years
Yes, anyone knows that, but there is nothing wrong with getting some things done first, and I'm not even putting all my time into these varients. I'm working my butt off trying to get a demo out for everyone, but when I want a brake from coding maps and triggers, and when I want to just do sprites, I'll do sprites. And of course I have to be able to script thoses things scripting is 50% of the whole game if not 75%.

hugh....
Just to let everybody know, when I started this, I was pretty shure everyone was gonna think that this was just gonna turn into a 1 week idea, and then I would drop it due to lack of knowledge and determination....well, for those of you who did think that, you were wrong. I know the challenges that I have to overcome to make this happen, but that doesn't deter me, it doesn't make me look the other way and pretend its not there. I face those challenges every day I work on this, but yet I keep going. I do as much as I can to work on this, and if the way I choose to do things for my game doesn't make you happy, oh well, bite the bullet.

Phew..... Okay, now that thats all said and done for.

Yes, that would be perfectly fine, I really liked that Chikorita variation. So by all means, please make more, but thats only if you want to.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I will make you more when I've time.
And do you adding all 4th generation pokemon into it?

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I've made a variation for Remoraid:
Before:
dpmfa223.png

After:
85167429hj8.png

Tell me what you all think^^

Status
Not open for further replies.