• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's That Pokemon! [ Shiny Edition ]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
WHO'S THAT POKEMON
SHINY EDITION!
(Here is the answer to last week's for those who missed it)​

Information

The Shiny Edition of 'Who's that Pokemon!' is a bit different than the normal WTP. The Pokemon in question is the shiny version of the Pokemon, so be more cautious when trying to figure out the answer. Once you think you know which Pokemon it is, PM BinaryPeaches your guess. Winners will receive the following*:
First Correct Guess: Bronze Shiny WTP Emblem
After Three Correct Guesses: Silver Shiny WTP Emblem
After Five Correct Guesses: Gold Shiny WTP Emblem
*Numbers maybe change depending on how often the Shiny Editions happen.

BinaryPeaches will be keeping track of how many guesses each member has done. If you think you've reached 3 or 5 guesses but haven't received an emblem, contact her and it'll be sorted out. However, please keep in mind that BinaryPeaches might not have sent out the emblems yet, so try to be patient. At the end of the week she (or whoever is hosting this) post what Pokemon it was, and the winners of that week. Then within the next few moments a new thread with the next Pokemon will be posted.​

Rules

• You may only guess once per week, so be sure you're extremely sure of your guess before PMing.
  • Make sure you only guess one Pokemon. There's no '______ or ______'. Even if one is right I'll be counting it as wrong because it's technically two guesses.
  • Do not put your guess in this thread. Please PM BinaryPeaches your guess.
  • Put 'Who's That Pokemon' (or 'WTP') in the subject of your PM when you send your guess.
  • You may post in this thread. However, it may not be anything that might hint to other people what the Pokemon is, or the Pokemon's name. All posts with such information will be deleted and marked as spam. What you may post is if you guess, and how hard/easy you think it was.
  • You may discuss last week's Pokemon in this thread, in the case you didn't get a chance to in the thread before this one.
  • There will be no hints. Don't ask for them.
  • Don't bug me if the answer is late. Real life might have possibly suddenly got in the way. If I know about something in advanced I'll mention it, but life likes to take unexpected turns. Just be patient and the answer will be put up as soon as I possibly can.
  • The Shiny Edition of WTP does not count towards your normal count for WTP, as it serves its own emblems.
  • Have fun!

Pokemon of the Week

V30dJ.png

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

I don't think the colour palettes match what you're thinking. Is this normal?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
They probably don't match exactly as in the same exact hex code, but if you put the sprite and the image together side-by-side you should notice. If you have the right Pokemon that is, hurr.

/has the sprite and the image side-by-side in Photoshop. it's a little off, but by no means off enough in which you can't guess.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Yes, I mean the Black and White Sprites. Personally I would think it would have been unfair if I didn't use the set of sprites that have all the Pokemon for it. That and I have all the B/W Sprites on my computer serving as easy access.

Years
I'm looking at two possible matches right now. The colors on the hint seem to match one better, but the shape seems to match the other better. Dx I can't choose just yet.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Thsi is really really really really hard, I cant find any matches, huh -_-

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
[SIZE="a"]You guys are making it tempting to give you a clue D: you guys can do it. I really dont think many pokemon have this color scheme.[/SIZE]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
OK... I'm feeling confident on this one. I got a near-perfect pixel match from the DW art. The shiny color scheme is nearly identical. OK... I'm sending in my PM after posting this... I hope I get it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Alright guys. I think I might end up extending this one, and maybe even give out a hint since barely anyone has guessed. If I do give out a hint I might PM those who got it wrong and let them have a second go at it (which in this way, some people will know the answer, but I trust them not to say anything). What do you guys think.

Of course, this might not happen, considering it's Wednesday and I don't have to ultimately make the decision until Sunday.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright guys. I think I might end up extending this one, and maybe even give out a hint since barely anyone has guessed. If I do give out a hint I might PM those who got it wrong and let them have a second go at it (which in this way, some people will know the answer, but I trust them not to say anything). What do you guys think.

Of course, this might not happen, considering it's Wednesday and I don't have to ultimately make the decision until Sunday.
If I got it right, you can trust me not to tell anyone the answer. If I got it wrong, I would appreciate the second chance.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
It kind of bothers me how the edited image has some artifacts / distortion in it. Are you sure you got the margin on the black part right? The shift from the right-side color to the dark middle line is a bit abrupt.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I noticed that as well, but I figured that it wouldn't be a problem because the two colors on each side of the line were more important, and if you're trying to match pixel by pixel I considered it to not be a problem because the individual pixels are still there. It's just my bad recoloring on the line (it was 1-2am so sue me).

Years
I sent in my guess. I thought it would bother me that the recolor didn't seem spot-on, but that's just part of the challenge, I suppose.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I guess .. I got it, but I'm really not sure. It was the closest I could find though, I'm gonna be proud if I got it lol.

Back