• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] NintendoQueen's Creations

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Hello everyone! NintendoQueen here, and I have creations and drawings I'd like to share with you.
I'd like to start with some of my Pokemon drawings that I've drawn over the years:

Let's start with Gary Oak [my favorite Pokemon trainer of all time, yes]:
SgyYK.jpg

Remember those "Today I Feel..." Magnets? I created Gary Oak ones [2003]
ftqqt.jpg

akrY5.jpg

A wooden Gary bust I made when I was 10:
0GG60.jpg

syuEE.jpg

N0hYR.jpg

q65uI.jpg

r3rSF.jpg

N4DTXl.jpg

MYfxbl.jpg

AZlvul.jpg

iBMPdl.jpg

10yD4l.jpg
[Please don't ask about the "Gigery" above Ash, it was an inside joke with me and my sister. ;p ]
ESS6Ol.jpg

Mkb4Bl.jpg

PYtKrl.jpg
[James supporting my high school football team!]
IeSwOl.jpg

JuVWP.jpg

Enjoy! I know there are a lot of drawings here, and yes there are more... :o

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmm. Usually you see Victreebel on James' head. That's a unique view.

Why is Brock tipsy?

LOVE the Celebi!

Cyclone

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Hmm. Usually you see Victreebel on James' head. That's a unique view.

Why is Brock tipsy?

LOVE the Celebi!

Cyclone

Yeah, I thought it would be humorous to put James inside Victreebel. And Brock is tipsy because he drank a few too many beers earlier I was going to make all the gym leaders sort of tilted, but decided against that. So that is why Brock is tipsy.
And thank you. ^_^ I'm glad you like the Celebi. Mew is my favorite Pokemon, so I had to draw some Mew in there too [and Gary Oak too!] ;p

Years
More Gary fans! He's an amazing character, you have great taste. :3

Firstly, I loove your emotion magnets, even if they are a bit hard to see because of the image quality. Your expressions really remind me of Charlie Brown in a way, which is nice since they really stuck out to me as being really funny. These type of things are a great way to practice expressions, kudos to you for drawing so many.

Though in general, for your other art, I'd recommend working on proportions and body shapes a bit. Mewtwo's feet look a bit thin and oddly positioned on his lower half while also being bent a bit strangely. Try to make sure everything is "even", too - Dragonair's body is different thicknesses, which looks odd since it should start out thinner around its head area, get a bit thicker in the center, and then thin out more as you get to the tail. Yours seems to fluctuate between different thicknesses more than it should.

And like I told someone else, try to pay attention to whatever it is you're using references to draw So pay attention to where the tail attaches, how big the head is in comparison with the hair, and so on. Otherwise you're just drawing and not really learning anything.

But really, great job and I hope to see more from you soon :D

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
More Gary fans! He's an amazing character, you have great taste. :3

Firstly, I loove your emotion magnets, even if they are a bit hard to see because of the image quality. Your expressions really remind me of Charlie Brown in a way, which is nice since they really stuck out to me as being really funny. These type of things are a great way to practice expressions, kudos to you for drawing so many.

Though in general, for your other art, I'd recommend working on proportions and body shapes a bit. Mewtwo's feet look a bit thin and oddly positioned on his lower half while also being bent a bit strangely. Try to make sure everything is "even", too - Dragonair's body is different thicknesses, which looks odd since it should start out thinner around its head area, get a bit thicker in the center, and then thin out more as you get to the tail. Yours seems to fluctuate between different thicknesses more than it should.

And like I told someone else, try to pay attention to whatever it is you're using references to draw So pay attention to where the tail attaches, how big the head is in comparison with the hair, and so on. Otherwise you're just drawing and not really learning anything.

But really, great job and I hope to see more from you soon :D

Yes I am a Gary fan, always was and always will be! ^_^ Great to see another Gary fan! YAY.

Thanks for the feedback, I've been drawing for about 20 years now, and I know my stuff isn't perfect. But I enjoy drawing and do it for fun. A lot of the Pokemon drawings I did there were from 10 years ago. It's fun for me to try out different things to draw and different styles. I've gone from drawing straight from references, to drawing chibis [as you can sort of see in my drawings with the trainers], and I even draw my people as Pokemon trainers in a way because I always found that to be the easiest way for me to draw a person. I know I'm bad at drawing hands and feet, and I do have more to learn as far as proportions go [I never really thought of it as a big deal back then]. But thanks again for the feedback.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Alright, here is an update of some other things I have created. This is what I'd like to call my "teacher-y stuff". Because I am going to be a teacher, I have made things for my classes in the past, and here are a few:
A flannel board with the story Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See?
e0Ps5l.jpg

Each character is made of felt. This is used to retell the story, and for children to tell the story and tell their own versions of the story. I'd love to make more such as The 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the 3 Bears, etc.

I also hand painted these wooden letters for children to use/play with:
bxjJHl.jpg

Uvw19l.jpg

WHLoXl.jpg

dRCVal.jpg

I intentionally made each letter something that that letter starts with. For example, A=apple, B=bumblebee, etc.

And one of my favorites: Rainbow Crayons! Now you might think, what are Rainbow Crayons? Well, they are just old crayons melted in an oven! If you are interested in the "recipe" feel free to message me. I made over 60 of these, they are very easy to do [yes we had a lot of old crayons!] :laugh:
But this is only 4 of many:
fhL4K.jpg

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
The would sell! I remember we had those ones that were like on posterboard style material and were just various colors. Way boring. Those though, they're memorable and fun.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
The would sell! I remember we had those ones that were like on posterboard style material and were just various colors. Way boring. Those though, they're memorable and fun.

Oh thank you Algo! I'm thinking they would sell too, teachers [and parents] would buy this stuff for their students and children. I just need money for the supplies [luckily it's $1 for 2 letters each, so that would make $26 for 52 letters]. Yes it all adds up in the end, and I would have to sell them for about $10-$15 [for all 26] to make any money.

And who wants to use boring old letters to use/play with? I sure don't! Also, the R has real rocks on it. And E has a real eraser. Yes, textures are fun too!

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Well, they're made of wood rather than paper. Like you said, they have texture, so that's another plus. For that price that's not a bad value (less than $0.60 per letter), considering something like that could be kept around for years and it's one of a kind. Do it do it.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Well, they're made of wood rather than paper. Like you said, they have texture, so that's another plus. For that price that's not a bad value (less than $0.60 per letter), considering something like that could be kept around for years and it's one of a kind. Do it do it.

Yes, the wood is definitely more durable and appealing than paper or foam letters. I would love to sell these, and I just have to find the right crowd of people/place to sell them. I don't know where to start.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love the letters! If I end up teaching kindergarten, I would totally use letters like that haha. Much more creative than buying them from teacher stores like everyone else. :)

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Gotta say, them letters look great, very child friendly!

Thank you! I wanted to make sure these letters were appropriate and safe for children. That is something I make sure of, is that they are safe. And I did try these letters out on children, and they thought they were fun. A lot of them were guessing/recognizing what was on each letter [which is something I want children to make a connection Money begins with M and so on].

I love the letters! If I end up teaching kindergarten, I would totally use letters like that haha. Much more creative than buying them from teacher stores like everyone else. :)

You're also going to be a teacher? How cool! Yeah teacher stores do not have very creative things, and I like homemade stuff better than factory made things.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're also going to be a teacher? How cool! Yeah teacher stores do not have very creative things, and I like homemade stuff better than factory made things.

Yeah, some stuff from the stores are nice to have, but there are things like letters, numbers, and other visual things that I think teachers should make on their own. Show the kids that they can be creative like that and plus, it's just a nicer visual than the generic things in the stores. I observed a kindergarten class this past spring semester, and there were letters EVERYWHERE, but it was all the generic ones. I mean, they get the point across, but there's just something better about making them for your class. Plus, like Algo Fonix said, those wooden letters will last MUCH longer. Storing might be more difficult than the paper ones, but oh well. They just look better and I'm all about aesthetics. :) Again, great job on those!

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years

Yeah, some stuff from the stores are nice to have, but there are things like letters, numbers, and other visual things that I think teachers should make on their own. Show the kids that they can be creative like that and plus, it's just a nicer visual than the generic things in the stores. I observed a kindergarten class this past spring semester, and there were letters EVERYWHERE, but it was all the generic ones. I mean, they get the point across, but there's just something better about making them for your class. Plus, like Algo Fonix said, those wooden letters will last MUCH longer. Storing might be more difficult than the paper ones, but oh well. They just look better and I'm all about aesthetics. :) Again, great job on those!

Thank you, Sydian!!
I think you and I are going to get along great! :]
I also observed a Kindergarten class too, and I love that age. I'll be student teaching next spring in first grade!
Anyways, I definitely think aesthetics play a big part in a child's learning. Certain materials with different tactile textures and colors are wonderful.
And I made my own box to store the letters in [once again, using something homemade!] I took an old shoe box and decorated it. That is where I store my wooden letters now.

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
I made a Kirby out of paper mache the other day. His arms are a bit long, yes, but he's still Kirby!
lIsasl.jpg

He was really easy to make. I just balled up some newspaper to make his body, arms, and legs. And to make the mache, I just used equal parts water and flour. And Voila! There is Kirby.

Back