• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I hate the Dream World so much I wish it would burn to ashes

Do you like the Dream World?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Man, what is up with that ice cream game. And the detection on that mine cart level?? horrible.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I dislike the Dream World, too. I hate how you have to go on the computer to do it. It would be much better if the Dream World was in the game--not online. That would make me like it more.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
I don't like the dream world because you need a computer. I'd rather just have all the stuff included in the cartridge.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
So far, I'm kind of bugged by the fact that game freak is making us rely on an external feature as something entirely new. This has been going on since the first set of Pokemon games, yes it's a cheap marketing strategy but it apparently works.

I personally have no use for the Dream World since I just use Pokegen and action replay my ****. From what I've experienced during the first period it was released, however, I just found it to be very cumbersome. The limitations it set were disappointing, not to mention the minigames grew pretty stale and I only consider the flying game to be fun. The fact that you have to use it to legitimately get berries is also cumbersome, especially since the EV-reducing berries are something EVERY competitive battler wants.

Ultimately, Dream World felt more like a chore than anything fun, I don't really regret leaving it.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I have a computer, and I can use it, so I have no problems with it. I don't really fetch berries, and if I need an ability I will normally borrow a pokemon from someone and breed it.

Also, its not like the Pokemon games had locked content before
Gen I - Pokemon needed to be traded over to "catch em' all" and the evolve forms
Gen II - even more evolve forms
Gen III - Not much other than that one thing from FR/LG
Gen IV - The PokeWalker, and PalPark
Gen V - Dream World and WiFi

There have always been parts of the game that have limited people from access to the full content.

Ritzz

Bazinga
Years
I didn't even know what Dreamworld was, so rather than mess with it, I left it alone. Sounds like it sucked for the most part anyways.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sup, I'm bringing this thread back to life this week - a little late! Nevertheless keep in mind older posters won't really reply to you but you can use their posts as discussion points ~

Years
I think the concept of the Dream World was a really good idea, but it lacked a little bit in execution. Maybe it's just because I have an old computer, but I find the mini-games run awfully slow, with some that have a 1:30 time limit taking nearly 5 minutes to play. And if you're closer to a casual player than a hardcore one, the Pokemon with Hidden Abilities are nice, but don't serve you much purpose getting them at level 10, other than the beginning of the game (this is how I got my Wobbufett in White, and Druddigon & Growlithe in B2 much earlier than normal).

Again, good idea, but I felt it could have been better.

Years
I dislike the Dream World, too. I hate how you have to go on the computer to do it. It would be much better if the Dream World was in the game--not online. That would make me like it more.

I mainly agree with what she said, while I do have a computer, I didn't like the Dream World in general. It may have nice items, berries and Pokemon to collect, the flaws is that silly time limit, and if my mother caught me using it she'd think I'm still acting like a little kid.

Maybe this was why B2/W2 relieved the getting some Hidden Abilities issue with the Hidden Grottos, but yeah I do admit the Dream World should have been included in the game itself and not online.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
While I always use the computer, I never planned on getting a DW account because: 1) I have a limit on how many sites I joined, so I won't be too distracted, and 2) I don't like how it's one account per cartridge rather than all 4 cartridges sharing one account. The Hidden Grotto was a nice feature, but it's still lacking some Pokemon I want for my team (i.e. Thick Fat Mamoswine).

IStreamSandwich

[b][i]Returning to be your Shield[/i][/b]
Years
I don't like how it's one account per cartridge rather than all 4 cartridges sharing one account.

I joined the Dream World today and it asked for my ID. My account was telling me I was playing Pokemon White but also gave me the opportunity to add more game cards to the account, if this is what you were referring to.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I joined the Dream World today and it asked for my ID. My account was telling me I was playing Pokemon White but also gave me the opportunity to add more game cards to the account, if this is what you were referring to.

Well that changes everything for me; too bad my first reason prevents me from getting an account. Joining here in PC, as well as MSN, Skype, and Steam are enough, but there is a chance for me get one once MSN and Skype merge. Perhaps now I could get the DW Mamoswine and Alakazam I want.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't really have an opinion, it's alright I suppose.

I voted no though because I slightly lean towards not liking it...just because it's awkward and seems gimmicky just for the sake of it.

Pinta77

I played dream world for the first time yesterday. It's been over a day now and it wont let me do it again... Now I hate the dream world.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I actually like the Dream World, it's like a 2nd alternative to the PokeWalker (Although you don't gain experience :P)

It gives me something to do on the PC when I'm bored haha. And capturing Pokemon via minigames is a really nice feature for me. I like the Dream World :)

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I don't really like the Dream World, although it has hidden abilities, berries (ridiculous that you can only get/use them there) and some good pokemon, I didn't like that it was online since it always crashed on me.

ImKris

Herp Derp!
Years
I remember the first time I used Dream World, it was fun. But really, you always do the same thing, and that what makes it boring. I agree with some people, I'm not using Dream World because "it is fun to play" anymore, I'm using it because it became like a chore to me now. The thing is, I'm playing it but not enjoying it.

PokéZoom

~Gotta Catch Em All
Years
The main thing I dislike about the Dream World is the amount of time it takes to connect to it. :|
Also, I don't really like it or dislike it now. It was fun at first, but it's boring now.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Personally I just pretend Dream World is a non existent feature. Less headaches...

Back