• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Lockdown

Doom in a can
Years
I think some new Eeveelutions are in order.
Current existing types of Eevee:
Normal
Fire
Water
Electric
Psychic
Dark
Grass
Ice

Missing Types:
Poison
Ghost
Dragon
Steel
Fighting
Rock
Ground
Bug
Flying

I think that the Ghost and Flying ones will be introduced.
But how would you get them?
New evo stones?
Maybe the Reaper Cloth for Ghost, and maybe a new item, like a wing or something for Flying?
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I would also like to see a Raticate evo. Pointless, but it would be cool, in my opinion. Also a Drapion and Toxicroak evo would be cool.

To address the hitmon evo thing, I think that another one would be kinda useless, I mean they aren't very used anyways, and like some people have said, there aren't any more fighting styles out there really, Hitmontop covers spinning, Hitmonlee covers kicking and jumping, and Hitmonchan covers punching. Maybe there will be an evolution of them?

I also would like a Pinsir and Heracross evo. They would be amazing if they boosted their stats. Heracross has high defense and attack, but its speed isn't all so amazing, but it isn't bad. Pinsir's speed is just.... don't even get me started. Just don't. But it's defense and attack are phenomenal! If all of their stats went up, and none of them went down, then BOTH of them would be on my team.

I would also like to see a Relicanth evo. I don't like Relicanth, but it does deserve one.

That's all I have.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Both of those sound excellent. Roselia treatment for Skarmory is one thing that could work, giving us a simple baby bird that still looks intimidating for a part steel type, with a cool evolution for it. Personally I want the head to gain an almost helm like feel to it, with the head fin growing substantially, and perhaps even a silver tail instead of a gray fleshier one. Also just realized Mr Mime needs to get an evo, Pokefrance is perfect for it. Perhaps some kind of trade evo item, like juggling balls?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I have some more hopes;

Like a Chimecho evo. There is brilliant fanart for an evolution of this Pokémon out there. And Chimecho really deserves it. In RSE, it was a really rare Pokémon that you probably didn't find without consulting a guide. Yet it was so underwhelming once you found it. It had NFE stats, an NFE movepool, and an appearance that at best screams "hug me!". It's cute, it's frail, and you really want to own it, yet once you think it through, you realise you have no reason to. GameFreak, please give us that reason. It wouldn't bother me if it ended up NU, at least an evolution would mean an acknowledge of this cute little critter, imo~!

Or, how about an Manetric evo? Electrike is one of those Pokémon you catch as your third or fourth, because you see potential in it and have seen pictures of its evolution online. Yet once you get it and play with it a little, you understand that it's really not that great, and drop it in favour of a more attractive Pokémon you find while training for the fifth or sixth gym. Okay, it is somewhat fast, and hits decently on the special side, but all in all, it's rather underwhelming. Which is a shame, considering its good coverage movepool and great looks. Evolving from Electrike at lvl 26, it has a decent shot at acquiring an evolution mid-late in a standard playthrough. Perhaps by the "Mamoswine method", involving level-up knowing a decent move it learns in the late forties.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Skarmory needs a pre-evo more than an evo, because 1) it's already a good Pokemon to use, 2) its total base stats prevents it from getting another evolution, and 3) it's an equivalent to Mantine, who was given a pre-evo, so it makes sense for the other equivalent to receive one as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How do stats prevent it from getting an evolution? Did GF ever say anything about that? They could make it faster, with some more attack, and a bit more special attack, no need to necessary raise it's defenses if they don't want to.

Speaking of defense how about a shuckle pre evolution?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
How do stats prevent it from getting an evolution? Did GF ever say anything about that? They could make it faster, with some more attack, and a bit more special attack, no need to necessary raise it's defenses if they don't want to.

Because Pokemon usually receive evolutions if their total base stats are below at least 460. Skarmory and Mantine have total base stats of 465, so there's no need for evolutions, they'll only recieve pre-evolves.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Skarmory needs a pre-evo more than an evo, because 1) it's already a good Pokemon to use, 2) its total base stats prevents it from getting another evolution, and 3) it's an equivalent to Mantine, who was given a pre-evo, so it makes sense for the other equivalent to receive one as well.

No it doesn't. Magneton was a Base Stat of 465 and it got an evolution. Electabuzz's Base Stat was 490 and it evolves. Magmar is 495. Porygon 2 is 515.

This little tidbit also ruins the chance for Absol (465), Pinsir (500), Heracross (500), and Lapras (535). There were others between 465 and 600 that I saw mentioned but the point is still there.

They have also evolved fairly decent Pokemon in the past. If they want to evolve something they will. Nothing written on paper will stop a Pokemon from evolving outside of it being a Stage 2 (third evolution) or being Legendary.

Years
How about a Masquerain Evolution where it regains it's water typing (I think it'll be the first time such a thing would happen in the history of Pokémon), and has intimidate still.
Or if they do a side evolution make it keep it's spider appearance.

Also if they do a Chimecho evolution I hope it get's Steel (when I first saw it back in Emerald it looked like it was a steel type), it's a good typing, turning dark and ghost attacks to neutral, and if it were to keep levitate it would be immune to ground along with Steel's natural immunity to poison. Leaving it's only real weakness to be fire...Please,GF make it happen!

Akatsuki Ten

As It Is
Years
If there will be new (pre)evolutions, they ought to be like Politoed and Gallade, a split evolution. Whether it's by stone, gender, or some other factor, I just like the concept of having a choice of evolving it either way.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I really want an archeops evolution (make it a pseudo legendary because it is fukin awesome and needs to get rid of it's stupid ability)

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
Years
While on paper it makes sense, it's been proven that GameFreak doesn't always do what makes the most sense. Scyther and Pinsir are seen as equivalents, but only Scyther got a new evolution in Gen II. Jinx, Electabuzz, and Magmar have always been seen as equals, yet in Gen IV only Electabuzz and Magmar gained new evolutions. Dusclops and Banette, another supposed version exclusive equivalent, also became uneven when Dusclops gained a new evolution in Gen IV while Banette didn't.

So, while this idea makes sense to us, it doesn't always apply. It doesn't mean it can never happen, but the Pokémon can no longer be seen as equal as they once were. Therefore, it can't exactly be used as a real reason as to why a Pokémon should or should not have its own new pre-evolution of evolution. GameFreak does whatever GameFreak wants.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
No it doesn't. Magneton was a Base Stat of 465 and it got an evolution. Electabuzz's Base Stat was 490 and it evolves. Magmar is 495. Porygon 2 is 515.

Hence why I said "usually" on my previous post. Electabuzz, Magmar, Scyther, Rhydon, Porygon 2, and Magneton are the only Pokemon with base stats above 460 who received evolutions, even though they could've been split evolutions. The problem with given Pokemon with almost 500 base stats total an evolution is sacrifcing a stat spread or two for another (Ex: Electabuzz loses its speed for more physical power when evolving to Electivire).

They have also evolved fairly decent Pokemon in the past. If they want to evolve something they will. Nothing written on paper will stop a Pokemon from evolving outside of it being a Stage 2 (third evolution) or being Legendary.

But game mechanic patterns shouldn't be broken, which is why the idea of removing Ice Beam from all Water types will be impossible, because it'll require removing the move as a TM from other Pokemon who learn it by TM, especially when Ice Beam has been a TM since the first generation.

While on paper it makes sense, it's been proven that GameFreak doesn't always do what makes the most sense. Scyther and Pinsir are seen as equivalents, but only Scyther got a new evolution in Gen II. Jinx, Electabuzz, and Magmar have always been seen as equals, yet in Gen IV only Electabuzz and Magmar gained new evolutions. Dusclops and Banette, another supposed version exclusive equivalent, also became uneven when Dusclops gained a new evolution in Gen IV while Banette didn't.

One will say it's because of Heracross, who has become Pinsir's new version exclusive equivalent, giving Scyther freedom to receive an evolution. It was rumored that Jynx was originally going to receive an evolution in Gen IV, but it was replaced by Heatran because of the controversy surrounding Jynx. Others will argue that Jynx was never part of the group with Electabuzz and Magmar to begin with because of her being female only, being a dual-typed Pokemon, and being a trade Pokemon in her debut appearance.

Years
I agree, a Mighyena evolution would be awesome, same with Jynx.

Also that whole Heracross being the replacement to Scyther for Pinsir makes little sense to me...Pokemon don't tend to have cross generation counterparts.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
As a response to Lockdown, Normal type hasn't been used for an Eeveelution. Eevee was the normal type, but it doesn't count because Eevee itself is not an evolution.

I would like to see an alternate evolution of Weepinbell. It may loose its Poison TYpe just like Gloom. And it will turn into a floral, kind plant.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hence why I said "usually" on my previous post. Electabuzz, Magmar, Scyther, Rhydon, Porygon 2, and Magneton are the only Pokemon with base stats above 460 who received evolutions, even though they could've been split evolutions. The problem with given Pokemon with almost 500 base stats total an evolution is sacrifcing a stat spread or two for another (Ex: Electabuzz loses its speed for more physical power when evolving to Electivire).

They still evolved Pokemon with a Base Stat of 460+. Meaning that they can evolve Pokemon at any given time. Base Stat does not matter. And there is hardly a "sacrificial" evolution. If any pokemon qualifies, then it would be Scyther into Scizor as they don't change Base Stat. All the others have their stats change some may lower while others still get a boost. Rhydon and Rhyperior don't have the same Base Stat so there really isn't a sacrifice involved. Just evolution. Other Pokemon with lower base stat do the same periodically.

But game mechanic patterns shouldn't be broken, which is why the idea of removing Ice Beam from all Water types will be impossible, because it'll require removing the move as a TM from other Pokemon who learn it by TM, especially when Ice Beam has been a TM since the first generation.
Its not impossible. If they want to they will. Icebeam also has not always been a TM. It was a Move tutor in Generation 2. While the list itself didn't change, Icebeam, Thunderbolt, and Flamethrower were the first three Move tutors in the Pokemon games. Like with Stealth Rock, if they wanted to remove Icebeam from the TM list all they have to do is want to. They can remove it from everything and only give it to a select few available through breeding. Gamefreak dictates everything. If they want to, they will. Same with giving evolutions.

Years
Right, Base stats don't dictate much in these games, actually considering the recent power creep of generation V it's possible that there'll be more powerful pokemon than we've been used to in pre generation IV.

If they do a Mr. Mime evolution I'm hoping it's Psychic/Dark.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
I would love to see a evolution of Primeape!! Were he evolves a bigger ape with human features to resemable evolution!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Seviper and Arbok both need evolutions. I absolutely hate when a Pokémon looks amazing but is totally useless.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Seviper and Arbok both need evolutions. I absolutely hate when a Pokémon looks amazing but is totally useless.

OMG yes, I absolutely adore Snake pokemon, and it kind of saddens me whenever Arbok and Seviper are considered "nothing special" by people. =(

So I'm all up for an evolution from these too. They can be longer snakes and have more complex designs; I'd love to see that!

Back