• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
So it suppose to be more of a challenge with this unfiltered thing?

Not so much more of a challenge. With the special tournaments they can only have X amount of players. Some more serious don't compete in those cause of the way its set up. So its all luck of the draw if you get a good or bad player while in the tournament. While in the unfiltered one its every person with the game as opposed to the 100-1000 people in certain regions.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Ok so since I started playing pokemon many many many many years ago i've always used pretty much nothing but a butt load of ultra balls because I don't really understand how balls work.

Do Dusk and net and timer and fast and all the other type of balls work better than ultra balls? Or do they work just as well only on that type of pokemon but just cost less?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Ok so since I started playing pokemon many many many many years ago i've always used pretty much nothing but a butt load of ultra balls because I don't really understand how balls work.

Do Dusk and net and timer and fast and all the other type of balls work better than ultra balls? Or do they work just as well only on that type of pokemon but just cost less?

Each type of ball will explain what its specialty is. Dusk balls do well in the night time or caves. Read the ball information it will be self-explanatory

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Each type of ball will explain what its specialty is. Dusk balls do well in the night time or caves. Read the ball information it will be self-explanatory

Thats my point lol it isn't self-explanatory.

Dusk Ball - A somewhat different Poke Ball that makes it easier to catch wild Pokemon at night or in dark places like caves.

The wording of that doesn't say if it makes it "easier" compared to a Poke Ball or Ultra Ball. For years i've just bought like 200+ Ultra Balls and never used the others because nintendo doesn't explain the other balls very well.

If I were to read it i'd assume the easier would be comparing it to the base Poke Ball and then it doesn't say how much easier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thats my point lol it isn't self-explanatory.

Dusk Ball - A somewhat different Poke Ball that makes it easier to catch wild Pokemon at night or in dark places like caves.

The wording of that doesn't say if it makes it "easier" compared to a Poke Ball or Ultra Ball. For years i've just bought like 200+ Ultra Balls and never used the others because nintendo doesn't explain the other balls very well.

If I were to read it i'd assume the easier would be comparing it to the base Poke Ball and then it doesn't say how much easier.
If you look at the item description for each Poké Ball very carefully, it basically explains itself when/where/how the Ball should be used, except its actual catch rate. A Dusk Ball's catch rate is 3.5x at night or in caves, but it's 1x if it's used during the day or out in the open. An Ultra Ball's catch rate is 2x no matter what.Read here for the catch rates of each different Poké Ball and here for how the catch rate formula works.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2014
Most wanted berries and Pokemon DW Nature

Hi just wondering what are the most wanted berries and Pokemon DW pokemon/pokemon Nature

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In-game, DW Pokémon are available in the Hidden Grottoes scattered throughout Unova, though they may yield items instead. The contents of each Hidden Grotto have a 5% chance of regenerating every 256 steps. Berries can be bought at Join Avenue's Florist.

Anyway, here they are:
-Immunity Gligar (evolves into Poison Heal Gliscor) in Route 23's Hidden Grotto
-Multiscale Dragonite in Route 18's Hidden Grotto
-Regenerator Foongus/Amoonguss in just about any Hidden Grotto
-Technician Breloom in Pinwheel Forest's inner Hidden Grotto
-Prankster Murkrow (evolves into Moxie Honchkrow) in Pinwheel Forest's inner Hidden Grotto
-Regenerator Tangela in Route 13's Hidden Grotto
-Hustle Nidoran (Female/Male; evolves into Sheer Force Nidoqueen/Nidoking) in Route 2's Hidden Grotto
-Sheer Force Bagon in Pinwheel Forest's outer Hidden Grotto
-Swift Swim Poliwhirl > Drizzle Politoed in Pinwheel Forest's outer Hidden Grotto
-Toxic Boost Zangoose in Route 23's and Route 7's Hidden Grottoes

The Liechi, Petaya and Salac Berries are among the most sought-berries in B2/W2. They can be obtained in the following ways, though you have to rank-up the shop to 8 to obtain them:
-Salac Berry: hire a Florist from your own W2 game
-Liechi Berry: after connecting with a White game, hire that person as they wander into the avenue
-Petaya Berry: after connecting with a Black game, hire that person as they wander into the avenue.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Pokemon Ranch Mew?

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I can't find a concrete answer. I'm trying to get some of the event Pokemon, and I was able to buy the Jirachi Pokemon Colosseum pre-order disc and get legit Jirachis. : ) But I've heard conflicting information about if you can transfer the Pokemon Ranch Mew to Black 2. If I were to buy Pokemon Ranch, get mew, and trade it to my pearl version, would I then be able to transfer it to Black 2? I'm a big fan of the first three generation's Pokemon, so I want to try my best to get as many of them as I can in black 2.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but I can't find a concrete answer. I'm trying to get some of the event Pokemon, and I was able to buy the Jirachi Pokemon Colosseum pre-order disc and get legit Jirachis. : ) But I've heard conflicting information about if you can transfer the Pokemon Ranch Mew to Black 2. If I were to buy Pokemon Ranch, get mew, and trade it to my pearl version, would I then be able to transfer it to Black 2? I'm a big fan of the first three generation's Pokemon, so I want to try my best to get as many of them as I can in black 2.

Yes, as long as it has no HM moves, you can transfer as normal.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
What are the most useful shops for join avenue?

IMO, the most useful Join Avenue shop would be Fitness shop, Cafe and Mart.
Fitness shop and Cafe both can make your Pokemon strong, and in Mart, you could buy Fresh Waters or MooMoo Milks in a set, with the price of one (by leveling up the shop, and it's much cheaper than just buying one item alone)!

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
Multiplayer in White 2!

okay so, i'm getting a Nintendo Dsi XL tomorrow with White 2 alongside it, i wanted the original game so i can experience good trades and be more connected with people and having general fun, note that i haven't played Pokemon since Emerald, the question i have is how can i go on about going into multiplayer, Any stuff i need to know about? Thanks!

Mr. Whiscash

Unegged Hatch
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2016
There isn't much multiplayer outside of the two-cart interactions, which can be done simply via the 'Unova Link' option on the starting screen.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
So basically if i do the Unova link, i can trade pokemon i guess?
Also how can i find my Friend code so others here can add me? I've bought a new White 2 from Bartsmit.nl its Retail and all legit!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
You might as well get a 3DS (assuming you don't have one) over the XL. But other than that do what Whiscash said

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
I already bought the DsI XL, just waiting for it to arrive, i'm only getting it for pokemon so no need for a 3ds when there is no 3D options for pokemon, atleast as of yet, will buy one when X/Y Come out!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I already bought the DsI XL, just waiting for it to arrive, i'm only getting it for pokemon so no need for a 3ds when there is no 3D options for pokemon, atleast as of yet, will buy one when X/Y Come out!
If you are getting B2W2, 3DS is the only way to get the Dream Radar which is a tag on game that syncs up with B2W2. Its the only way to get Tornadus, Landurous, and Thundurus without trading from B/W and the ones from the Dream Radar are in Therian form with Dream World abilities.

So if you are getting B2W2 there is a psuedo 3D option.

Lunar Crescent

I choose you pikachu!
Years
Yeah, i don't reckon i'll be getting a 3DS i'm afraid, i'll still have plenty of fun with DsI XL right? i think i will have some fun atleast!

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
Yeah, i don't reckon i'll be getting a 3DS i'm afraid, i'll still have plenty of fun with DsI XL right? i think i will have some fun atleast!

3DS XL has screens almost double the size of the 3DS as well as double the bettery life so its what i'm planning on soon :)

Anyway my question is do Magma Armor and Flame Body still work for halving the steps to hatch eggs in black and white 2? I know in the GBA games it did but serebii doesn't really explain if it still works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back