• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
You should give the OOC a quick read just to be sure. But I like your idea :D

Okay, I ditched the medieval fantasy RP also. I lost interest because it was getting more dull and complex the more I wrote out. I do, have a plan C though.

In the near future I'm going to be submitting a higher quality (if I do say so myself) remake of the first RP I ever submitted in the corner, the Pokemon Survival Challenge, probably with a cooler name. For some quick information it was largely free-play although there was a plot and finale planned and it was heavily based on Nuzlocke Challengers (although with a twist).

I'm going to post it anyway most likely but I thought maybe I'd see what you guys think of the idea. Some of you might even remember the original.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I will have to take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

I almost joined that survival RP. I had a really good character in mind... I just got ridiculously busy.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
@Doronjo - I'd say go with typical Normal/Armoured w/e kinda way through the various stages and all that. Maybe do it sort of how it was is the second (I think) series where there were several different types possible. Honestly, I might join this just for nostalgia's sake.

Hm, well, here's another question; how should they digivolve? I mean, just from the digivice, or... from their partner's "hearts"? That's an argument that I've seen lately. @__@

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Mm... it'd be interesting to see what it'd be like if they didn't use the Digivices.

Years
Well... I'm not an expert by any means, but it always seemed to me the two were at least partially related. I always wondered how those who weren't partnered managed though. I in turn, have questions for you. What methods do you plan on incorporating (if you have decided) and will we have to choose from a creature already existing in the franchise or will we be required to come up with our own?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Soooo, I've decided to create a new Digimon RP, however, I just want to ask, would people prefer digivolutions outside the typical "digivolving with the device" for the digivolution lines, like... Armored Digivolution? Or DNA digivolution? Or Biomerge Digivolution?

Maybe you could have each player choose a main digimon line (custom or canon usually don't matter to me :p) but allow them to find/aquire items for armor evolution now and then and maybe share them. And I'm not sure what that in Digimon Tamers is called, in their highest evolution stage when they merge with their human, but that's cool too. Maybe do like they did in Tamers then and only have the merge in the highest stage, at a late stage of the RP. I never cared much for the kind of evolution they do in those... uh... Xros series. Difficult to describe the looks of the merged digimon species too, isn't it?

Also, please reserve me even though you haven't even made the RP yet. Thank you.

Aaand evolving without digivice could work, since the digivice from the beginning was just a way to connect the show with the actual toys where children had virtual pets anyways. Even the first season already states that the digimon evolves when their human partner really needs them to, by emotion. Even negative emotion, as seen when Greymon evolved into some nightmarish creature rather than into Metalgreymon just because Taichi really needed him to do so.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well... I'm not an expert by any means, but it always seemed to me the two were at least partially related. I always wondered how those who weren't partnered managed though. I in turn, have questions for you. What methods do you plan on incorporating (if you have decided) and will we have to choose from a creature already existing in the franchise or will we be required to come up with our own?

Oh, you can choose any rookie digimon you want as your partner~

You can say that the RP I'm making will be about choices, in which you can basically do what you need to do, while there's a... somewhat liner plot line.

It'll make more sense when I've finished making it, I promise. ;___;

Years
Okay. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. I just hope I have enough free time to join it since I'm already in several RPs right now, two of which I'm GMing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Speaking of which, has anyone here ever managed to GM three relatively thriving RPs at one same time?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
If anyone here likes Zombies, there are five spots left in my new rp. 12/21/12.

I combined the Mayan prediction that didn't happen and Pokemon to make a zombie apocalypse RP :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ok, I'll jump on the bandwagon with some shameless advertising.

echo; A KANTO JOURNEY has 2 open spots!

Come join if you feel like your creative typing fingers are restless and you want to play out your own trainer adventure in a relatively traditional Kanto setting but with quests and turns and new wild pokémon to make things interesting. There are also a bunch of really interesting characters in the RP already that you can build friendships and rivalries with.

Currently we have reached Pewter City and you can either start from the beginning (route 2) or jump in at the current chapter after striking a deal of some sort with me about levels and capture pokémon and whatnot. Welcome :*​

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Ok, I'll jump on the bandwagon with some shameless advertising.

echo; A KANTO JOURNEY has 2 open spots!

Come join if you feel like your creative typing fingers are restless and you want to play out your own trainer adventure in a relatively traditional Kanto setting but with quests and turns and new wild pokémon to make things interesting. There are also a bunch of really interesting characters in the RP already that you can build friendships and rivalries with.

Currently we have reached Pewter City and you can either start from the beginning (route 2) or jump in at the current chapter after striking a deal of some sort with me about levels and capture pokémon and whatnot. Welcome :*​
You should tempt them with Charmeleon. It'll bring all the boys to the yard. Maybe even the girls too.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Soooo, I've decided to create a new Digimon RP, however, I just want to ask, would people prefer digivolutions outside the typical "digivolving with the device" for the digivolution lines, like... Armored Digivolution? Or DNA digivolution? Or Biomerge Digivolution?

Also, please reserve me even though you haven't even made the RP yet. Thank you.

What Red said, also, I haven't seen a RP do Biomerge Digivolution and I really want one too... but I like Armored as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back