• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I'm gonna join now.

I'll pick...
arbok.png

and...

venusaur.png

Arbok because I did a Random Team Challenge on White and Arbok pulled my team along, and Venusuar was always my Gen 1 Starter (Charizard is overrated. :P).

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Was it already stated somewhere here that (it appears as if) Fairy types are weak to poison? Considering Poison never had too many Pokémon to hold itself over, I suppose Poison types should should take what they can get.

I'm still holding out on being able to learn some Nidofems charm based moves. All these kissy attacks... why hasn't Nidoran Female learned any of them yet*? D: Unless it has and I just haven't been paying attention? I want to manipulate fools and break hearts play with the power of love**. ;_;

*In game. Any natural move could probably be learned if they have the means to do it iRL. Any Pokémon with teeth can bite, for example.
** I'm aware of Attract. T'ain't enough.

Nakala Pri

I'll pick...
arbok.png

and...

venusaur.png

Arbok because I did a Random Team Challenge on White and Arbok pulled my team along, and Venusuar was always my Gen 1 Starter (Charizard is overrated. :P).

Welcome to the team, Joey! I hope you are a huge asset to this club, as it's a bit below on the list. :/ Well, with Gen 6 coming along we might have more stuff to talk about. :D

Was it already stated somewhere here that (it appears as if) Fairy types are weak to poison? Considering Poison never had too many Pokémon to hold itself over, I suppose Poison types should should take what they can get.

I'm still holding out on being able to learn some Nidofems charm based moves. All these kissy attacks... why hasn't Nidoran Female learned any of them yet*? D: Unless it has and I just haven't been paying attention? I want to manipulate fools and break hearts play with the power of love**. ;_;

*In game. Any natural move could probably be learned if they have the means to do it iRL. Any Pokémon with teeth can bite, for example.
** I'm aware of Attract. T'ain't enough.

Yeah, I always reckoned Nidoqueen should learn Attract or Heart Stamp. :D That would be sooooo cool. Hey, they might introduce that in Gen 6. That would rock, huh? :P

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
^ I want to believe, I really do. Ugh, I want to get this game the Pokémonamie is pulling on me so hard but I can't because I'm a shlub.

What I wouldn't give for a full Pokedex leak right now. Or at least knowledge that people can transfer old Pokémon in straight away. The possibility of a French Nido-anything makes my active imagination go nuts with personality possibilities. :D

*Looks up heart stamp* Ohohoo, that's mean. I want that. There's no way a Woobat is more charming than Nidoran Female. Over my dead carcass. Miltank I'll buy for sure, though.

Nakala Pri

C'mon, they can't ignore the little Nido's! :3

Haha, Heart Stamp must be one of my favorite moves. Even though it's not thaaaaaaaaat good, I still love using it. :P

FRENCH NIDOQUEEN FOR THE WIN!!!! C:

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm a fan of poison-type Pokémon, so I would love to join this group. I'm picking Gengar as my partner. ^^

Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
Probably generation three. They had access to Dustox, Roselia, Gulpin, Swalot, Seviper, and so much more!

What Is Your Favorite And Why?
My favorite poison Pokémon would definitely have to be Toxicroak. Its design is quite cool, and I find it to be really helpful when battling competitively. It has an Attack power that's better-than-average, and after a boost with Swords Dance, it could single-handedly take down many of your opposing Pokémon. Its Speed stat is excellent, so it should have no issues when it comes to outrunning other Pokémon. It's also got the Dry Skin ability, which enables it to restore more than half of its health when hit by water-type attacks.

Gengar would have to be my second favorite, because I just love its design. <3 Also, when I was a little kid, I used to think that this Pokémon was some sort of a legendary. Haha.

Least Favorite?
Zubat is my least favorite poison-type. This Pokémon gets in my way on every step whenever I'm in a cave. I had to spend a lot of money on repels just because of them. xD I don't like Tentacool too much, either. They could be pretty annoying whenever you're out in the sea.

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

I totally agree with everything you said there, in fact, one day I plan to have a huge Poison Type party. :3

Okay, I'll sign you up with Gengar, I sincerely hope you are a huge asset to the club! :D

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I forgot about Tentacool. I used to love that thing's cry, I can still hear it in my head. And speaking of, I also really liked that old Pokémon episode "Tentacool and Tenatcruel". The whole idea of a giant Tentacruel was pretty cool, not to mention that one crazy lady. It also proved that Pokémon sizes seem to be relative, even though the giant Tentacruel's size was induced by something I no longer remember.

I haven't seen the anime in years, but I remember it being really bland in comparison when I stopped watching mid Hoenn. Did the show ever go back to season one animesque silliness or is the show still taking itself too seriously (insomuch that a Pokémon anime can)?

If this topic seemed to come from no where, you're right. But then again, are there any active subjects going on right now? Something's better than nothing.

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Which Generation Holds The Best Poison Types?
Gen four,Eat your heart out Nidoking
What Is Your Favorite And Why?
I really like Crobat,cause he give zubat even more to love!
Least Favorite?
Muk...Pile of Sludge
Who Is Your Favorite Gym Leader/Elite Four Poison Type User?
Koga

Nakala Pri

Welcome to the team, Emerald! Glad to have you! :D

I agree with most of that, except that Muk bit. He is a timeless classic! You've got to love that pile of sludge! C:

I forgot about Tentacool. I used to love that thing's cry, I can still hear it in my head. And speaking of, I also really liked that old Pokémon episode "Tentacool and Tenatcruel". The whole idea of a giant Tentacruel was pretty cool, not to mention that one crazy lady. It also proved that Pokémon sizes seem to be relative, even though the giant Tentacruel's size was induced by something I no longer remember.

I haven't seen the anime in years, but I remember it being really bland in comparison when I stopped watching mid Hoenn. Did the show ever go back to season one animesque silliness or is the show still taking itself too seriously (insomuch that a Pokémon anime can)?

If this topic seemed to come from no where, you're right. But then again, are there any active subjects going on right now? Something's better than nothing.

Haha, I forgot about Tentecool and Tentacruel! They're so underrated... I wonder why. *puts on thinking hat*

I really want to watch the anime, I'll get my bro to download it for me around my B-day, get down to the core of da Poison types!! :D

Thanks, dbp, I really appreicate your posting. Some people aren't that talkative, but hey, at least we're getting more members and X/Y will introduce some rockin' Toxies. c:

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Probably because you can't throw a rock without hitting one while surfing. Same reason people can't stand Zubat. And yet everyone seemingly likes Crobat. I never knew!

Even I got tired of Tentacool in Sapphire, since that game is nothing but surfing.

And it seems hard to keep conversations going in clubs, is something I've noticed, unless that Pokemon/character has enough material on its own to go off of. Say, a club on Gary would at least have a lot of source material to fall back on, and character dissections and what not. Pokemon are a species within a species... possibly within another species. Pokemon don't have complicated stories unless you give it to one, and even then, that story only applies to that one, not the whole.

That's the good and bad thing about the series. Pokemon by default are pretty bland save for some iffy things the Pokedex'll tell you, but at least you can take a few of them and make them much more interesting, and people can't really argue against it because it doesn't effect the entire subspecies. I still say it's the only franchise where everyone with active imaginations win.

Anyhow, that's why I fall back on "oh yes, I remember XYZ" or post found fan art, except I don't have any worth posting. No wait, lies. Found this yesterday (1st attach). The second picture's just because it's cute. Still, people in Japan don't draw enough of this family. -_-

ETA: After having looked at that second pic for a while, I feel like the series could use some more unassuming poison types. Like the aforementioned Tentacool. I tend to think water type before I think poison. Or the much earlier mentioned Bulbasaur. A cute little guy/gal that most people would instantly see as grass. I dunno if I'm the only one that sees the Nido family as something that just is. Maybe others make the poison association, but I'm so used to them at this point they're just rabbit chimera and nothing more. Heck, I forget they're poisonous until I see pictures of people holding one, and I think "isn't that dangerous?"

So yeah, more poison types like Tentacool, Bulbasaur, Oddish and Nidoran would be nice. I'm sure they can make some more charming critters that don't seem all that dangerous, like Horsea (who's 100% water, of course).

Last edited:

DarkEmeraldRarity

Love-Crazy and Music Mad
Years
Anybody like to use Roserade? I think she's a good Posion Type to fight with,she's been winning alot of PokeShowdown matches~ But i kinda like TentaCruel

Nakala Pri

I'm using Roserade on Pokemon Pearl. An absolute charm to have, no doubt. xD Giga Drain and Leech Seed saved my hide on more then one occasion, like with that gruesome Skunktank... which I despise.... ehehehehehe!

Just kidding, I freaken adore Skunktank, it's just when people spam moves over and over again, then... ugh, I'm not going to go into the details, but yeah. xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Roserade is all right. It's got a decent Speed stat, which allows it to outrun many OU Pokémon such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Swampert. It has good Sp. Defense, too, which enables it to last quite a few turns when it's facing a special-attacking Pokémon like Espeon or Suicune. This Pokémon has access to Spikes and Toxic Spikes, and these moves poison your opponent and reduce their health by ten to fifteen percent whenever they call out a new Pokémon on the field. Roserade has extremely low Defense stat though, so it can be taken down instantly as soon as a physical move is landed on it. Whenever your opponent has a physical-hitting Pokémon on their side, you have to be very careful with it. d:

I used to have this Pokémon on my team two-three years ago when battling competitively. Nowadays, I just don't use it as much as I used to. xD"

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Hey ya'll. Lucky I found this on Google images, and I wasn't even trying. See attachment.

Sure, I don't pay attention to type very much, but it's fun too see the ones included that I wouldn't really think of as Poison otherwise, like Bellsprout, Roselia, or as mentioned before, Bulbasaur, and even the ghosts.

And I gotta say it, the heck is up with Nidorina's forearm? Gah, lrn 2 dra
Spoiler:

Nakala Pri

Thank you so much for that picture! It's perfect! ^^

I couldn't resize it, but it isn't too bad, is it? :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
That is such an awesome-looking artwork, dbp! I think I'm in love with it, haha. The way that Venasaur is sleeping this picture with Bulbasaur and Ivysaur is extremely cute. I wonder if they're its children? Oh, and the way that Nidoking and Nidoqueen are using their tails to make the heart shape is just simply adorable! I'll post some pictures, too, whenever I get the chance. :)

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Thank you so much for that picture! It's perfect! ^^

I couldn't resize it, but it isn't too bad, is it? :3

The dimensions are 1316 x 930, click on the attachment, then click on it again when the viewer pops up. It should open up the full picture in a new tab.

Looking at it again, all of these poison types tend to be some shade of blue, green or purple. It becomes a little homogenous after a while, which makes Ariados stand out that much more. The series could benefit from more brightly "warning" colored poison Pokémon.

Here, have another picture. Probably got this from DA via Google, but I tend to save images and store them without looking back. Therefore, I don't have a source link, but credit definitely goes to Melangetic.

Source material aside, I like this one the most of these attachments because I think it's colored the best. It's very vivid and unified. The shading colors also utilize different hues which keeps it from being too flat. The benefits of experimenting with color far outweigh playing it safe.

But this isn't the Art and Design subforum, so that's enough for today.

Nakala Pri

Oh, well, thank you! I tried that but it didn't work, but that's okay. :3

I totally agree! Those are great pictures, the shading is brilliant and the colors are so captivating. c:

Nakala Pri

If you could design a Poison-Type Pokemon, what would it be like? (including name, bio and other). C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back