• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Pokémon DarkViolet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
shouldn't green and blue be the other way around? but nice update anyway hope to see more soon!

Not if you're going the way GameFreak went with HGSS' Blue. Which Chaos Rush is.
Yeah, I'm just going with what their names are in HG/SS. We know that the FR/LG protagonist is Red, and in HG/SS they named the 16th Gym Leader Blue.

Besides, if you play as Red and choose Charmander, then all 3 character's starters match up with their names XD. (Red Charmander, Blue Squirtle, Green Bulbasaur)

Oh, and I'm hiring beta testers. PM me if you're interested.

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2023
This is still looking good. I like the tiles. Almost forgot it was an Emerald hack after looking at the screens. xD But none the less, I hope you dont run ino too many problems this time around and I wish you good luck.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's what Pewter City is going to look like:
10533812.png

88928212.png

44338231.png

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Just Private Message me the beta, I want to test it... on the Wii! Yeah, I'm still here.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
So, after I send a PM to you I thought I should maybe give you my thoughts about the game in this topic:

First I must say that this looks like the best Kanto-Remake I ever saw (and I'm looking for a good one since ages). Seriously, FR/LG just missed so many things that it's kind of sad. However, you managed to fix a whole lot of things. This is what I think is absolutely awesome about the game:

- Optional battles with Green! I can't imagine Gamefreak didn't manage to implement that after they gave Dawn in D/P/PT the weaker typing to your Pokémon. Great idea.

- Expanding the size of Kanto! The way you placed the tiles it looks a lot bigger than it was in FR/LG.

- Pokémon Animations! Putting it out of FR/LG was a giant waste and prevented us of ever seeing this in a Kanto-Game. But now we just have to play your Hack! Really looking forward to to that.

- The planned changing of the music! I don't now how it will sound, but I'm sure a whole lot better than FR/LG, the Remixes were a catastrophe. The original key just was so much better.

- Implementing Rocket Executives of HG/SS is a brilliant move as well since they apparently were there in FR/LG and it's a lot nicer having names of Rockets than only grunt after grunt. By the way, please gave Team Rocket more female grunts, there wasn't one in Kanto.

- All Pokémon in the National Dex being obtainable before the Elite 4! Was a big flop in FR/LG too that you didn't even see every Pokémon used from a trainer. Maybe it would be a good idea doing it like D/P/PT and make all able to see before the E4 if you battle every trainer (and Oaks aids and himself count seeing Pokémon instead of catched. He first gives you the National Dex once you have seen all in the Kanto Dex).

- The battle frontier, so finally every region has one!

Now I would like to mention some things I would find cool to see them in the game, at least if you are willing to do that, if not it's your decision of course:

1) Will the trainers in the GYMs be better balanced? in FR/LG the first GYM hat 1, the second Gym 2 and the third GYM 3 trainers...not very sharp. Normally the first GYM hast 2/3 trainers, the second one 4/5 and the third one 5/6. So the numbers in FR/LG are kind of ridiculous. You already told me by PM that you'll fix Brock but what's with the others?

2) The levelkurve. I think the games were way to easy in terms of levels. Especially after you received the Silph Scope the game stagnated and levels reminded the same until the sea routes (and those Pokémon actually were things like Goldeen). I think that could be changed it that Rocket would just block the entrance of the Silph Tower until Koga is beaten. He actually is the 5. GYM Leader in the list so why not beat him first? That way the levels of the Rockets in the Silph Tower could all be boosted a lot and the whole Rocket-Saga would last a bit longer considering we could first go there at a later point.

3) Talking about the Rockets, how about do a expand to their plot-line and let Giovanni hunt them after the legendary birds? He lets his two executives to Articuno and Zapdos (the Seafom Islands and the Power Plant would then have a full Rockets to beat one which end you can catch the legendary bird. Giovanni could take over the last one on Mount Ember. The plot-line could be that Team Rocket wants to hunt down the legendary Pokémon to become extremely powerful and wants the Silph Co. to give them the Master Ball technology in order to do that. However, they fail but try to hunt them down anyway. After you stop Giovanni catching Moltres he could admit that Team Rocket is weakened but he'll do everything do find new members and let it live again. At least that could be an idea...

4) Oh yeah is there any chance for a legendary bird or at least a legendary Pokémon tune? That missed badly in FR/LG.

5) Since Kanto actually has big cities but they are really fast to explore anyway they could maybe be bulked up a bit. I was thinking about mixing up Kanto-buildings in HG/SS with the ones in FR/LG. For example putting the Trainer House in Viridian City and implement a person you can challenge every day. His levels get higher with every GYM leader and like in G/S/C you get experience points. Other things would be for example:
- three stories in the museum of Pewter City, one from HG/SS the other two from FR/LG in great graphic
- the old guy in Vermillion City could finally finish that house aftet the Elite 4 and give it you as a sort of prize
- maybe make a one territory, sort of a dessert which wasn't represented in FR/LG but in the Emerald tiles. I thought of maybe a sidepath in Digglets Cave or the Dark Cave which brings you to a dessert area. At the end of it you could find a move tutor who gives you actually cool attacks like the elemental punches.
- Saffron City should actually be a big place but there were SO few buildings to go in that it went really fast to explore the whole area. Maybe you can make a few more buildings accessible so it becomes a bit larger.

6) Berries. Kanto is the only region without berry bunches even dough it had it's chance to change it. Since it's a Emerald Hack they are in the game code so it would be pretty cool if you could make berry bundles all over the place.

7) Weather areas were missing throughout FR/LG too. For example I think Routes 24 and 25 would be good for raining. You could implement weather routes like that or that it's really hot on Cinebear Island or something like that.

8) Starter Pokémon? Since it's a Hack trading is kind of impossible. Will there by an opportunity to become the other starter Pokémon short before/after the Elite 4?

9) Will the tickets for the Islands on which Ho-Oh/Lugia, Deoxys and Mew can be caught? Would be awesome.

I think that's all for now. If I should come up with something else I'll write it as well.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
So, after I send a PM to you I thought I should maybe give you my thoughts about the game in this topic:

First I must say that this looks like the best Kanto-Remake I ever saw (and I'm looking for a good one since ages). Seriously, FR/LG just missed so many things that it's kind of sad. However, you managed to fix a whole lot of things. This is what I think is absolutely awesome about the game:

- Optional battles with Green! I can't imagine Gamefreak didn't manage to implement that after they gave Dawn in D/P/PT the weaker typing to your Pokémon. Great idea.
Yeah, it annoyed me how in D/P/Pt, you never got to battle Dawn/Lucas. Only alongside them. And it annoyed me further in HG/SS, you never even get to do anything battle related with Ethan/Lyra. And you know that Ethan/Lyra took the final starter, because in HG/SS, after you reach a certain point in the game, if you go back to Elm's lab, you'll notice that all 3 Pokeballs from the machine is gone. Talk to it, and it'll say something like, "You wonder who the last PokeBall was given to..."

Anyways, lol, and if you play as Green, then you have optional battles with Red! And he has more dialogue than "... ... ... ...", w00t!

- The planned changing of the music! I don't now how it will sound, but I'm sure a whole lot better than FR/LG, the Remixes were a catastrophe. The original key just was so much better.
The old alpha actually has some of the changed music.

- Implementing Rocket Executives of HG/SS is a brilliant move as well since they apparently were there in FR/LG and it's a lot nicer having names of Rockets than only grunt after grunt. By the way, please gave Team Rocket more female grunts, there wasn't one in Kanto.
When I was thinking how to do this hack, I was simply thinking about all the problems that FR/LG had that made it inferior to R/S/E. One thing was that Team Magma & Team Aqua had Admins, which were Courtney & Tabitha (from Team Magma), and also Matt & Shelly (from Team Aqua). I thought that Team Rocket needed some type of trainers that were ranked higher than Grunts, but lower than Giovanni. It then hit me, ARCHER AND ARIANNA!!!

(Also, for some reason Courtney wasn't present in Pokemon Emerald. Once I make Pokemon Saga - Emerald, I will put Courtney back in)

- All Pokémon in the National Dex being obtainable before the Elite 4! Was a big flop in FR/LG too that you didn't even see every Pokémon used from a trainer. Maybe it would be a good idea doing it like D/P/PT and make all able to see before the E4 if you battle every trainer (and Oaks aids and himself count seeing Pokémon instead of catched. He first gives you the National Dex once you have seen all in the Kanto Dex).
That's not exactly it. You will not be able to catch all Pokemon in the National Dex before the Elite Four. I have this imaginary Kanto dex planned out, and I hope to somehow hack it into the game, but right now it's kinda impossible. (check the end of this post to see my imaginary Kanto Dex)

Now I would like to mention some things I would find cool to see them in the game, at least if you are willing to do that, if not it's your decision of course:

1) Will the trainers in the GYMs be better balanced? in FR/LG the first GYM hat 1, the second Gym 2 and the third GYM 3 trainers...not very sharp. Normally the first GYM hast 2/3 trainers, the second one 4/5 and the third one 5/6. So the numbers in FR/LG are kind of ridiculous. You already told me by PM that you'll fix Brock but what's with the others?
I'll mostly add a trainer to each Gym, except for one where I think it's enough. I already told you in the PM that Brock's Gym will have 2 trainers:
newdarkviolet.png

2) The levelkurve. I think the games were way to easy in terms of levels. Especially after you received the Silph Scope the game stagnated and levels reminded the same until the sea routes (and those Pokémon actually were things like Goldeen). I think that could be changed it that Rocket would just block the entrance of the Silph Tower until Koga is beaten. He actually is the 5. GYM Leader in the list so why not beat him first? That way the levels of the Rockets in the Silph Tower could all be boosted a lot and the whole Rocket-Saga would last a bit longer considering we could first go there at a later point.
Kanto is an interesting region, I always kind of liked how once you cleared out the Pokemon Tower, you had a choice of going down either Cycling Rode, or that Route below Lavender, either way you end up in Fuschia City, and I always thought that you take the Route that you didn't take earlier back, and then walk to Saffron, that way you encounter both Snorlaxes.

I always hate how some people think that Sabrina is the 5th Gym Leader, even though in the Badge order, Koga is listed as #5. The level curve will be changed, but it's going to be a surprise...

3) Talking about the Rockets, how about do a expand to their plot-line and let Giovanni hunt them after the legendary birds? He lets his two executives to Articuno and Zapdos (the Seafom Islands and the Power Plant would then have a full Rockets to beat one which end you can catch the legendary bird. Giovanni could take over the last one on Mount Ember. The plot-line could be that Team Rocket wants to hunt down the legendary Pokémon to become extremely powerful and wants the Silph Co. to give them the Master Ball technology in order to do that. However, they fail but try to hunt them down anyway. After you stop Giovanni catching Moltres he could admit that Team Rocket is weakened but he'll do everything do find new members and let it live again. At least that could be an idea...
Sorry, but I think Team Rocket is badass at how they're the only team that doesn't go after Legendaries. The Team Rocket saga will end at Silph Co.

(Also, Moltres will once again be in Victory Road).

4) Oh yeah is there any chance for a legendary bird or at least a legendary Pokémon tune? That missed badly in FR/LG.
Maybe. I wish HG/SS made a tune for them...

5) Since Kanto actually has big cities but they are really fast to explore anyway they could maybe be bulked up a bit. I was thinking about mixing up Kanto-buildings in HG/SS with the ones in FR/LG. For example putting the Trainer House in Viridian City and implement a person you can challenge every day. His levels get higher with every GYM leader and like in G/S/C you get experience points.
Text in HG/SS suggests that the Trainer House was built somewhat recently. My theory is, in the 3 years between FireRed/LeafGreen/DarkViolet and HG/SS, is that there will lots of kiddies in Viridian City, so there was a Trainer School. During the 3 years, all the kiddies grew up, so they turned it into a Trainer House.

Other things would be for example:
- three stories in the museum of Pewter City, one from HG/SS the other two from FR/LG in great graphic
There's only one story in HG/SS, and I doubt that they would remove 2 whole stories in 3 years, so there's just going to be 1 story in DarkViolet.

- the old guy in Vermillion City could finally finish that house aftet the Elite 4 and give it you as a sort of prize
There's no building in HG/SS, which takes place 3 years after DarkViolet. Why would they demolish a building?

- maybe make a one territory, sort of a dessert which wasn't represented in FR/LG but in the Emerald tiles. I thought of maybe a sidepath in Digglets Cave or the Dark Cave which brings you to a dessert area. At the end of it you could find a move tutor who gives you actually cool attacks like the elemental punches.
Not really sure how I can implement that. (and Dark Cave isn't in Kanto)

- Saffron City should actually be a big place but there were SO few buildings to go in that it went really fast to explore the whole area. Maybe you can make a few more buildings accessible so it becomes a bit larger.
The amount of buildings you can access will be the same as HG/SS. However, in DarkViolet, there is no Train Station, so you can expect about 2-3 new buildings there.

6) Berries. Kanto is the only region without berry bunches even dough it had it's chance to change it. Since it's a Emerald Hack they are in the game code so it would be pretty cool if you could make berry bundles all over the place.
But the thing is, they aren't in HG/SS, and I have to go with that. I was planning on making some kind of Greenhouse to replace the Daycare on Four Island, where people can buy berries. My theory is that the Kanto & Johto regions don't have soil that is able to grow berries, which is why all those berries were removed in HG/SS and replaced with Apricorns.

7) Weather areas were missing throughout FR/LG too. For example I think Routes 24 and 25 would be good for raining. You could implement weather routes like that or that it's really hot on Cinebear Island or something like that.
That's a good idea. Since there's puddles in Route 24 & 25.

8) Starter Pokémon? Since it's a Hack trading is kind of impossible. Will there by an opportunity to become the other starter Pokémon short before/after the Elite 4?
Yep. There's going to be a new place in the Battle Frontier called the Emerald Giftshop (when I make Pokemon Saga - Emerald, there will be a new place called the Violet Giftshop lol). In the Emerald Giftshop, you can buy Pokemon from other regions, plus Starter Pokemon.

EDIT: I realized that by doing this, you can't complete the imaginary Kanto Dex until you reach the Battle Frontier D: ...
I'll probably just make them in-game trades. That's where breeding will come in handy. (Yes, in this hack, I'm going to let you breed Pokemon before the Elite Four, unlike FR/LG. And I will remove the Four Island daycare, and replace it with a Berry Greenhouse!)

9) Will the tickets for the Islands on which Ho-Oh/Lugia, Deoxys and Mew can be caught? Would be awesome.
Yep :D.

Anyways, if you remember, earlier in the post, I said that I'm going to post my imaginary Kanto Dex. Here it is:
Spoiler:

That's 202 Pokemon. Obviously, Bulbasaur is #001, and Mew is now #202. There's 151 Pokemon from Generation I, a few Pokemon from Generation II, and 2 Pokemon from Generation III (Azurill and Wynaut).

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The amount of buildings you can access will be the same as HG/SS. However, in DarkViolet, there is no Train Station, so you can expect about 2-3 new buildings there.

That means CopyCat's house will still be there :P
and that there will be a different house where she was in HG/SS

Anyway
Those new screens look top notch ;)
and this hack is going really well :)
Keep it up

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Just as a note- There is a Legendary Battle theme in FRLG, it's just Wild Pokemon with different notes. Stupid, I know.

Years
Just as a note- There is a Legendary Battle theme in FRLG, it's just Wild Pokemon with different notes. Stupid, I know.

I'll get to you before Chaos does (HE'LL EAT YOU :D)- different key. Same notes, just transposed up one.
@ArcanineFan7, Heart's Soul is right. It's a Red remake on Emerald, but done... properly. Essentially FRLG vastly improved, but on Emerald so you can see the effort it takes.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020

I'll get to you before Chaos does (HE'LL EAT YOU :D)- different key. Same notes, just transposed up one.
@ArcanineFan7, Heart's Soul is right. It's a Red remake on Emerald, but done... properly. Essentially FRLG vastly improved, but on Emerald so you can see the effort it takes.

Actually, several instruments have been taken out or replaced entirely. It's hard to notice, but it's there. Like Mewtwo, there's more instruments there than in any other Wild Pokemon battle theme (maybe even more than Deoxys!)

Years
Actually, several instruments have been taken out or replaced entirely. It's hard to notice, but it's there. Like Mewtwo, there's more instruments there than in any other Wild Pokemon battle theme (maybe even more than Deoxys!)

Even so, the notes aren't different. If I recall correctly, they gave it a louder bass and added in a few other things, but it's stillthe same song, just a slightly different arrangement. But, this is getting a little off-topic...

I'm really looking forward to the beta. I'm glad you decided to include pseudo rivals and other stuff- it makes the game significantly different from the start. I like that it doesn't just feel like a graphically edited FireRed, there's actual... I dunno. I can't wait to play it, though. And give mah feedback. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back