• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
You can name your Hero/Heroine/Rival. Those are just their signature names I made up for'em & use for testing.

Years
Intresting list of pokemon you have there. i will stick to using the names of the characters you came up with. as much as it pains to see my favorite pokemon keldeo in the use of my rival i will get over it. from your list i could see my potential team looking like this near the end

Salamence-Scizor-Jellicent-Scarfty-Infernape-Reuniclus

EDIT: I forgot to ask. how difficult will the battle against Kyurem white and Kyurem black be? from my experience on PO they are very powerful.

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_KeldeoInTraining

Great Team:classic:...The battle against the Kyurems is probably one of the hardest in the beta because you battle them seperately with their levels being at 50. However, you don't get any time to recover after defeating 1 of'em. So it's a pretty cool/difficult battle if you don't have the right pokemon or didn't train long enough. The hardest battle in the hack is against Sydney & Kyurem because you have to battle her entire team & Kyurem as well(Who, now has Roost in the hack thanks to BW2).

I'll begin putting all of the final pieces together tommorrow for the first beta. So expect it soon at the appointed release date.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Dark, I will notify you about the Youtube name before the release. Keep up the good work and Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz post more Screenies :P

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
This will be my future team:
Salamence, Ferrothorn, Mienshao, Swampert, Houndoom, Rhyperior
Sucks that Mienfoo will evolve in LV. 50.

Last edited:

munchhack

Advanced Scripter
Years
Great!

This Pokemon Hack looks good but the sprites kind of look weird. I also did not like the animations of the new moves. What I did like was the incorporation of Generation V Pokemon and the new trainer cards.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Hey, guys good news! :)

I've already finished working on the hack so DarkRisingGirl will be taking over, so the release won't take any longer! :)

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_munchhack

I've put in all of the newer moves from gen 4 & 5 that are the most used in competitive battles/most popular. Although their atttack power/PP/and effects are correct, I haven't gotten to their correct animations or descriptions yet.

Good News/Bad News UPDATE:

Good News: I completed all of the main event scripts for Beta 2! However, I still have to edit everything in between them now on the main rom. This is good news because it reduces the time for the making of the 2nd beta to be released.

1ijznk.png

ei13s3.png
These screenshots show the ending battle of Beta 2. By now, you've collected all 8 badges in the CORE Region & obtained Arceus. Now, the player is off to the nearby region known as the OMNI region to battle Darugis at it's lair & save someone who is very important to him/her. Like the first region, there will be 8 badges in the OMNI region as well. It'll feel like 2 games in 1 rom. The hack will be seperated in 4 releases. 1st Beta is 4 badges, 2nd beta is 8 badges, 3rd beta is 12 badges, 4th beta is 16 badges & the final events that follow(The complete hack).

Bad News: As Tajaros said, he has Just given me the main rom. He's been very busy with school, which delayed the progress & appointed time I will have to finalize everything. I hope you all understand he has put alot of work into the hack, but due to me having less time to put everything together, it May or May Not be released on July 30th. BUT, it will release sometime within that same week. I will try my hardest to get everything done by July 30th as promised, but if not...It'll be released sometime in that same week. So expect to play between July 30th(Monday)-August 5th(Sunday)

NightkymZ

Ultimate Tiles Matcher
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
Yea...It seem good...
So the first beta finally out...
Gonna work hard on nest beta.
So,
tajaros
I heard you is a scripter,can guide me how to make a script and insert it.
I dont know how.If can help me,pm me
For the author of dk,thanks...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Yea...It seem good...
So,
tajaros

If scripting is what you'd like to learn, refer to here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

The OWs and sprites of the main characters need a lot of work, to be honest. I still see a lot of similarities with characters from the mainstream games.

There's a solution to this. Hire a spriter and OW spriter. That'll solve your problem.

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
this hack looks nice, but screenshots 1-6 looks kind of plain. like its empty. and why dont you focus on making beta 1 perfect instead of working on beta 2?

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Yea...It seem good...
So,
tajaros

As, Sarcastic Prince said you should check this one out http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276 well, I'll Pm you anyway... :)

this hack looks nice, but screenshots 1-6 looks kind of plain. like its empty. and why dont you focus on making beta 1 perfect instead of working on beta 2?

That's what were doing right know silly :P, and by you mean screenshots the one's in the first page?

Also were doing some things for BETA 2 so that after this, we'll be able to work on it much easily...

They're old for you to know, there are newer ones in previous pages... :P

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Sarcastic Prince

As I've said before, the OWs & Sprites are great for Now. They may recieve improvements later on, but not at the moment as I'm currently trying to get other more important parts of the hack fixed up. It's in the progression section for a reason, I'm slowly making progress to make things better.

@_PokemonMasters

The screenshots in the OP are old, but actually around 60% of the maps in the screenshots I've taken will be remaped as I get to finalizing those areas. I've been working on Beta 2 while my partner Tajaros was working on Beta 1 scripts. This'll make things easier for the both of us & allow releases much quicker. The hack's storyline from beginning to end has already been done in my 1st hack I created, so making the main event scripts quickly is simple for me.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
@_Sarcastic Prince

As I've said before, the OWs & Sprites are great for Now. They may recieve improvements later on, but not at the moment as I'm currently trying to get other more important parts of the hack fixed up. It's in the progression section for a reason, I'm slowly making progress to make things better.

@_PokemonMasters

The screenshots in the OP are old, but actually around 60% of the maps in the screenshots I've taken will be remaped as I get to finalizing those areas. I've been working on Beta 2 while my partner Tajaros was working on Beta 1 scripts. This'll make things easier for the both of us & allow releases much quicker. The hack's storyline from beginning to end has already been done in my 1st hack I created, so making the main event scripts quickly is simple for me.

I actually think the screenies look pretty great :)
And it's good to hear that, since I can't wait for this hack to be finished. It looks really awesome imo, and seems to have a rather interesting storyline!

Keep it coming :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
as far as i can tell, it looks fantastic (though i'm still new to playing pokemon hacks. :3)
can't wait to try it. though i can't find the beta 1 download anywhere...

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
since bagon, dratini and gible are the starters will they have different levels to evolve or will it be the same? because i dont think its fair that gible evolves at an earlier level and its final evolution at 48 because dratinis final evolution is at level 55 and bagon's at 50.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
hey i like the tiles and the storylin.... im lookin forward to seeing this hack complete :)

Back