• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Blog Notifications

Years
I mentioned this a couple of years ago, and I don't know if any work has been put into this.

Blog Notifications would be very convenient, instead of having to go to your blog every now and then to check for replies or whatnot. I think it would be a useful feature and I'm sure this was considered before but putting it back out there for consideration because it would make life somewhat easier.

I have seen threads before this giving the same suggestion and nothing has happened. It would just be really nice if you guys could add this, please! :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This. Please. I'm so tired of this coming up, people liking the idea and really wanting it, and it getting lost or forgotten under other threads. I would love this so much.

Years
This is something long overdue.

I always wanted to know when someone posted a comment so yes, I want this implemented.

Years
I think this would be a lot more beneficial if you were to get this over and done with, make the people happy, rather than just leave it and get more threads asking for the same thing because it's a real shame nothing has been done yet.

Years
I got a notification of an unread blog comment but when I clicked it it wouldn't direct me to it.

So, is there a way to know which comment is unread? Cos when I tried clicking it the only place it directed me to was the blog homepage.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think everyone is getting it now while the code is being tinkered with. Just relax and wait a day or two before complaining about it not working.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This is a relevant place to put it,

I got a notification for a comment on my blog, but I don't even blog here yet.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Dam people, I don't even have any blog entries. So this was especially weird hahah.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Thanks for implementing the feature. It has kinks to work out now obviously but is a nice feature, now I wont have to read my blog 50 times to see if there is a new comment.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thanks for implementing the feature. It has kinks to work out now obviously but is a nice feature, now I wont have to read my blog 50 times to see if there is a new comment.
Clearly there's a bug with the feature, as I don't have a blog but have a "new blog comment". Can we please disable this until the bug is squished?

EDIT: I'm familiar with the vBulletin control panel from years ago, I am certain you can remove the feature from all groups (except perhaps admins. for testing purposes) and then specifically add members who can see it (again for testing purposes). Once the bugs are out, restore the settings there now for all groups.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Will you people just

CHILL
I am quite calm, I just dislike this constant "1" on my notifications.

EDIT: Gone now, but I'll keep an eye on it to see if it reappears later with a 0.

Cyclone

Back