• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well this is hours from me, I almost never go there. :(

droomph

weeb
Years
They just have overpriced crap in most of the corner stores here. It's almost $6 for a 4L of milk. Head 15 minutes west and you pay just about $4 for milk.

Nothing in them is even remotely healthy.

Lol $6 for a gallon of milk is too much? I don't know but I think there are places in the US that sell a gallon for like $8 or $9.

Though tbh the taxes in wherever Vancouver is, is totally crazy. 12% is just too much for me to even live there :s

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Here it's 7%. It's the best when the shops calculate it in and have the price of something at like an even 7 dollars, because they're actually charging slightly less than 7 and factoring in tax. :3 Idk I find that cool!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Low taxes don't mean things are always cheaper though... we make up for it with those transportation fees cause we live in the middle of nowhere =( Those shipping fees and online shopping just murders me (though still cheaper than buying it at a retail shop.)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Omg I bought my new computer online and the idea of no tax was excellent. No extra like 50 bucks? Yes please!!!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
My laptop has been broken for months, and I won't be able to fix it anytime soon :'(

My Mac has been a pain in the ass, so that's not too good either. I had to spend 3 hours just to get Daft Punk on my iPhone because my Mac stopped recognizing it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
It's probably cheaper to buy a new hard drive than a new laptop though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I started reading that to the tune of that "harder better faster stronger" song, hahaha.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Man my macbook's screen is broken, the whole thing functions just fine but I keep having to press the light-up buttons because the backlight won't stay on. It's like one million dollars for a screen replacement. Boo. White people problems

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...it costs a million dollars just to replace a SCREEN?

I love you Asus (well I haven't replaced this screen yet but I replaced the Acer one for only like $100!!!)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Yes Nica. Apple quoted me $999,995 to replace the screen on my MacBook.

It's Apple, man. People pay premium for that.

Get a new one then its so much worth more than paying that million.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I miss italian Autogrills on the side of their motorways and gas stations.Fresh sandwiches and fresh ccoffee and smoothies yes please. And the uk has like 20% tax.

Last edited:
Years
Yes Nica. Apple quoted me $999,995 to replace the screen on my MacBook.

It's Apple, man. People pay premium for that.
Dear god.

And it's stuff like that that only solidifies my position to never buy Apple products if I can help it. I don't mind if others do, but homg I'm not made of money, I'll just go for something cheaper. ><

(I say as I have several Dell computers sitting dead or mostly dead in my apartment. STOP BREAKING ON ME! ;-;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back