• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

has anyone been the target of rascism?

Tweak

:confused: i haven't been, but my friends recently mentioned her trip to NY and some african american was swearing and telling all asians he saw to "go back to china"...errrr, and that freaked my friend out. O_O; i'm not sure if that's being racist or crazy. cause i think that guy musta been drunk/crazy.

i hope we (the new generation of people) will be better than that crazy guy. =/

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
I haven't yet, and I haven't met anyone who has. It's sad though that some people would treat another person like that just because of their skin color.

And also, we'll have to watch this. I don't want a flame war going on, but that won't happen unless someone makes a rude comment. So, if you have a problem with something that someone else says, don't comment back, just PM me.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Racism is wrong. Actually yes, my friends have been targets, because some kids didnt like portuguese kids they used to laugh at us. And now they want to be our friends ( I wonder why ) :)

RoxasOld

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 29, 2006
i hate rascism! it's wrong! yup! i've been a target.....guess what i did to them! i kicked then in the nuts! :laugh: i dont know if i shouldve done that though.....but just get me so mad that i wanna push them down the stairs

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
For some really stupid reason, everyone at my school makes fun of the "white" kids, or all-american kids. People actually seemed embarrased to say they're American and try to cover it up by saying they're cuban or something! (which we do have a lot of here though) I personally, love being American. I don't care what others think!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Can?t say I have been, nor have I ever discriminated against others for that?in fact I?d like to be a lot of different races besides what I am? .._.;

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
Years
Pff.. Probably when I was little. x.x() I just don't remember.
I tend to shy away from people, so who knows what they say behind my back. x.x

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Never happened to me, but I hate it when people do that.. ;-;

Its so sad, and it angers me people are soooo inmature >_<;;

*drowns*

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Well, a boy in my class had gone to Downtown Boston to see a movie with a few of his friends; and, while they were waiting outside the theater there was a group of four or five white people and two black people. The man in the ticket booth just told the white group to just go on through--not even caring whether they had tickets or not. But, when the black people stepped up he made them buy tickets and the ushers continuously asked them to see their tickets. The whites made out like bandits, huh? I'm white too, but it still bothers me. No matter what, racism isn't going to stop because there are just too many prejudice people out there.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
The word is Prejudice

Thats so messed up, why would someone do that. Racism won't get you anywhere in this world. You can't tell who is Asian, who's Portuguese or Italian because everyone has different Skin tones and different ways of doing things.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Yes, I've been an victim of Racism before, it's like how Zapchu described it.

I was really young at the time it happened, at West Edmonton Mall, Galaxy Land. I liked Bumper Cars and always wanted to drive them every time I was there. WHile I was waiting in line with everyone, and they were all taller than me, this guy looked at me contemptously and made some racist comments. I don't remember them, it was something about "let's get him" "Chinese" (He said it in a very disgusted way). Heh, too bad though, he got a sour neck from being bumped before he reached me. XD

There's really only one human race, the Human Race! So I'm going to have to say Racism is ignorance...

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Well, it's a really nasty world after September 11, 2001.. Everything have changed since the tragic event. People started to act different which is some kind of bad reason.

Well, if you are bothered by it, tell your parents.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
Years
being racist is stupid. everyone is different so it shouldn't matter where you come from. especially in america. america is a "melting pot" of races so everyone (except native americans) come from some other country first.

i haven't been the target of racism but my friend has. she is part puertorican and this girl (who i don't like at all) didn't like her and would make fun of her for that. it's really mean. it's just wrong.

Rifted

Let's positive thinking!
Years
I haven't been the direct target of racism (i.e., in my face), but I have suspicions that some people have been racist to me.

For example, once for a musical in high school, the dance choreographer was pairing up girls with guys for a little polka part, and of course there were more girls than guys. I was one of the three that was left behind and coincidentally we were all Filipino, or at least part Filipino. Coincidence? I think not. >.>;

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
I think they fond a 1999 terrorist plan that listed many countries where they wanted to terrorize the Jewish properties in. (Like US and Canada)

Racism was actually one of the why the Japanese didn't like the Americans for a very long while in the 20th century too lol. "Racist America"...

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
snowangel3181988 said:
being racist is stupid. everyone is different so it shouldn't matter where you come from. especially in america. america is a "melting pot" of races so everyone (except native americans) come from some other country first.
A "melting pot" isn't a very good thing, if you ask me. @_@ It means a country encourages its immigrants to fit in and to be like everyone else. A culturally mosaic country, on the other hand, encourages immigrants to hold on to their unique cultures as well as adopt. o_O Those were definitions I had on my geography test... and they're probably the ones I got wrong (19/20 in that section ._.). Aaanyway...

I don't think I've ever been the target of racism. =\ Not that I know of, anyway. Up until now, I've usually lived in fairly multicultural areas. (Now I live in an area which is almost 100% Italian. XD) ^_^;;

Last edited:
Back