• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Oh, haha

I was planning to make different forms for it based on different shell types. The one currently is a party hat shell. When I get to spriting those 2 I'll go ahead and add in the other forms I was planning to add :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Wow I completely forgot about this. Sorry guys.

At least your Sp.Def raised, because it looks as if you used Amensia HAHAHA LOLOL のワの

Anyway, got to finish this guy, renamed to Komyunni, (COM ME YUN KNEE), since all the pikachus were based on their japanese names. "komyuniti" is what google gave me when I translated "community".

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Good one, Sunfished! I thought that was our Pikachu after looking at the colour xDDD He looks sooo much like Pikachu.

Anyway, I thought of redoing Firny so as to make a Battle Pose. Whaddya think?

firny_zps096c3710.png

I thought I'd make the colours darker and saturated at the same time, giving that creepy luminous-like-fire-but-dark-as-evil effect.
I'm hungry for those new formes...

@-Oops
Oops! Looks like ye forgot! Welcome back aboard, mate!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@Nakuzami
Excellent ideas! I anticipate the details of Stalava, since it's sprite was splendidly made tbh.
This means that Kridera is going to be Grass/Fairy, eh? I didn't expect that lol

About your designs... the magpie. The final evolution looks BOSS and after making minor tweaks and fixing proportions to it, it will be ready! (If whoever wants to make it wouldn't mind, I'd like the wings to be larger)
But, the first two, their heads are bare. That detracts the bird's look in general, aye. I'd suggest making some hairpiece or something of that sort.

About the Furvia formes, I would suggest making the designs less based on the human anatomy, meaning, they're too humanioid, and easily mistaken for mutants. Maybe making the general body structure different?

Well, I went by the basis that magpie generally don't have crests on their heads. Although, when I went through and drew the final design, I seriously didn't like it's head being bare, so I did a little Googling and discovered the crested magpie. I tried giving the second form a crest (which is still in the design), but it came out awkward . . . although I could try again. I think I'll keep the basic form as-is, though.

As for Furvia, we've certainly had some very humanoid pokemon in the past, but I can see where you're coming from. I'll see what I can do about it.

As I'm working on those, I'll try to remember to come up with some details. I'll work on Stalava's first, I suppose. d;
And, yes, Kridera is now a Grass/Fairy~ That was my original idea for him, after all, lol. Think about the mystical-ness of his Golden Fleece and maybe it will make sense. Then again, maybe not, but oh well. pfft c;

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I've noticed alot of Uncatalogued Pokemon were left in the dust, especially alot of the neat ones drawn, so if noone obliges, I've went ahead and gave some of Muani's information:

Cat with no eyes
Name: Cheshmirk (Cheshire + smirk, as in to grin with evil)
Classification: Hamper Pokemon
Type: Normal/Dark
Ability: Unaware/Insomnia
Dex: "Whenever people get lost in the forest, a Cheshmirk is usually encountered. Most of the time it just sits and chuckles to itself."

Bird with bat wings
Name: Tapiscry (Tapistry + mimicry/"cry")
Classification: Cloth Pokemon
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Camouflage
Dex: "Because of the way their wing flaps are engineered, they tear very easily. One of its quirks, however, is that the wings regenerate quickly, and in the same design of nearby fabrics."
This guy is meant to be a sort of gimmick Pokemon.

Dragon cat thing
Name: Nekomonsta (Nekomata, a sort of cat demon, + Monster)
Classification: Corrupt Pokemon
Type: Dragon or Normal/Dragon
Ability: Wonder Skin
Dex: "A Nekomonsta is only hatched as a result of a bad dragon's egg, and are notoriously vicious. But since dragon eggs are very looked and cared after, Nekomonsta are very hard to encounter in the field."

My Sunfish
Name: Flatsun (Flat + Sun)
Classification: Rocket Pokemon
Type: Water or Water/Electric
Ability: Motor Drive/*Steam Engine*
*Steam Engine allows the User to increase its speed sharply whenever a Fire-Type Pokemon is in the battle. This ability only activates once in battle until it is switched out.*
Dex: "Many times during a fisherman's life, will he see hordes of Flatsun skimming the surface of water. When provoked, a Flatsun will use up all of its energy to propel itself a whopping few miles to get away from the threat."

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
I don't know if this is even neccasary since this isn't a game project, but I'm in the process of making sprites of some of the Fakemon who only have art. If that's okay with the original artist, of course)

Here is the first one I finished, only to see that this sprite was already completed. :(
I'll be sure to look more carefully next time!
HMaRV9J.gif

Something seems...off about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Feel free to point out any mistakes. (I'm still trying to find a solution for the eyes)

I can make more, if you guys need them! I'll be glad to help out!

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I don't know if this is even neccasary since this isn't a game project, but I'm in the process of making sprites of some of the Fakemon who only have art. If that's okay with the original artist, of course)

Here is the first one I finished, only to see that this sprite was already completed. :(
I'll be sure to look more carefully next time!
HMaRV9J.gif

Something seems...off about it, but I can't put my finger on it. Feel free to point out any mistakes. (I'm still trying to find a solution for the eyes)

I can make more, if you guys need them! I'll be glad to help out!

Welcome to the crew, Keizaal!
And I've got to say, that's some really nice shading!
I can see what you mean by the eyes, and I think if you added a sort of "glare" to them it won't look so square :D

And of course we would like your help! I doubt there's anyone here,(or alive >:D), that wouldn't like more help with this massive project!

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
Thanks! I tweaked the sprite a bit, I think it looks a lot better now!
r36pXpB.gif

I'm working on it's evolution right now, I might even make a shiny form, too.

EDIT: Finished the evolution!
lEVFsZF.gif

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
@Keizaal
Ah, love them both :D
Nice that you fixed the shading I made on the evo when I drew it. It looks like it actually belongs now.

@Pridekitty
Definitely an upgrade to the previous attempt!
Maybe what you can do though, is maybe add some features to it? Right now it has a great design, it being a dog/seal combo, but it looks sort of plain doesn't it?

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Hey guys just to say love all the designs I would love if someone could make a ice/ ground saber tooth design :)

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So, I have a few little things to post.

I colored Teurrorox
I . . . got my friend to re-sketch the pokemon I previously mentioned; Sorciel. It's pretty close to my original design, just sharper, more sinister, and less humanoid (mainly via the sudden jag in her body), and just overall more appealing. x3

I also tried to fix the middle evolution of the magpie's head tuft thingy, although I don't have a picture right now. I also named them Bapye, Tufpye and Crespye, in order.

I wrote down the information for Stalava, both forms of Furvia, both forms of Sorciel, my personal pokemon (which I also drew) and I sketched Maltone's Root Form. No pictures available at the moment, and I didn't type the information, so that'll have to wait. Just wanted to let y'all know I have it.

My friend, Nimsy on here, also sketched a few fakemon of her own, and I wrote down information for them. I have a picture of three of them, but I'm not sure if she'll be on to post it herself. Granted, she doesn't have a picture. . . . Well, here's the picture, anyways. I'll let her post all of the information and whatnot, along with her other fakemon. Poltitch, Freytitch and Sutra They're all Ghost-types, and I know we're kind of overflowing with the little buggers, so I mentioned to Nimsy not to draw any more Ghosties. I did really enjoy the idea of these pokemon, however, so I'm not complaining~

(P.S. - Nimsy's the "friend" I keep mentioning that's helping me with designs, lol)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I need training for a pokemon battling competition

You may find your answer somewhere here. Just that we limit ourselves to talking about the Pokédex Project over in this, that's all!
Anyway, I just want to ask if the first post is going to be updated soon? It seems a while and quite some designs have popped up since the last update... better late than never!

Back