• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

how do u listen 2 music?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
what i mean by that is, when you're listening to something on itunes, for example, do you choose an album and play it all the way through, then move on to another one? do you listen to one album, one song at a time on repeat one until you get bored of it, and move on to another? do you put it on shuffle and get surprised for what comes up? and so on and so forth.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If it's a new album, then I like to take the time and listen to it all the way through. Sometimes I have to listen to the album a few times so the songs leave an impression on me, with usually a few of them standing out more than than the others. Those are the songs I'll end up playing the most from the album.

In the case of multiple new albums, I'd usually listen to each album all the way through once before listening to them all on shuffle. However, if one album in particular stands out above the rest, then I'd spend more time listening to that album instead.

Sometimes I hear a song I really like, for example, right now it's "Ready or Not" by Bridgit Mendler - don't judge me - and I'd just play it repeatedly until I wear it out or I become obsessed with a new song. This can apply for albums as well.

On some occasions I leave my iTunes open and have it on shuffle. That's usually when I don't know what I want to listen to, so I let iTunes decide for me.

The story of my life. The End.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I don't listen to music on the computer often. On my iPod, though, I'm completely random. And I mean completely. Sometimes, I'll play the first song in an album and be too lazy to go do anything, so I'll end up listening to the whole thing. Other times, I'll be ridiculously fickle and keep going to random song after song. Sometimes I don't even wait for the song to end, and just start a new song in the middle of one that's playing.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I'll try to go through a whole album but most of time I end up switching past the 5th song, at the most. Depends on my mood. It bothers me if I don't listen to the songs in order, I want to consume the work as the maker intended...so I assume.

Years
With an album I've never heard before I usually play it once through, then go back and listen to the songs that stuck out a few more times. After that it becomes part of my collection to be listened to on shuffle. If I feel like listening to a particular artist I'll listen to all their music on shuffle. If I want to listen to a specific album I'll still listen to it on shuffle. I only don't listen to shuffle outside of new albums when I want to listen to a single song in particular. I find that the order of tracks on albums is almost never how I want to listen to the songs. Plus I like the variety of not knowing what's coming next.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2012
Mostly youtube when at home these days, then the second source would be the radio of course when in the car. I use to use Itunes and other similar sources more often and download music but that becamse quite expensive considering most songs were over $1. I will also from time to time use the music on demand service on my cable provider however that can be quite annoying because you have to chose your genre and wait for a song you want to listen to come on.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I'm almost always listening to music whether it be on my iPod or on the computer through iTunes. I'll normally just put it on my playlist of my favorite songs and just let it go. I actually don't own very many complete albums on iTunes, but if I really feel like listening to one that I don't have then I'll go to Youtube.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I usually either play an entire album, or just listen to a single song on repeat for an hour or so. Sometimes I may even replay the entire album a second time, and then go find another one to listen to. I don't have iTunes at the moment - I haven't had it for the past year since my hard drive crashed - so I listen to music on YouTube or from my iPod (which desperately needs new music.)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I will loop the same song for literally days.. then move to another. Or alternate between two or three songs for like a week or two. @_@ I find it easier to work that way.. so I am not distracted by the song but I am also entertained.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Unless time is an issue, I tend to listen to full albums. If it's a new album, I'll put it into heavy rotation, but I don't really listen to it back to back more than a few times. If I don't have the time, though, I'll just listen to a single song and then choose another afterwards. I've got music for all moods.

I tend to just like to take music in the way it is presented, in proper order. I dunno why exactly, it just kinda became a thing once I started listening to prog. Concept albums and whatnot.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I don't really listen to "Albums" Just random songs here and there on Youtube. Sometimes a Album if it matters. and if i'm on the go, shuffle through my music, or use Pandora.

I don't use iTunes for anything, so just Youtube and Pandora.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I shuffle. Almost always. If I don't use shuffle, I'm either listening to a certain album or I'm listening to everything I've recently downloaded cause I'm tired of all my old songs lol.

droomph

weeb
Years
I've got a crapload of comedy, stuff I don't want to listen to, and just plain noise (lol I know) so I usually make a playlist of all the songs I like atm and put it on shuffle.

When I get a new album, I listen to the first two and get distracted by other stuff and forget to turn off shuffle and so I'm listening to other stuff after like the second song in.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
This is what I do. When I'm driving in my car I play music with subs. When I'm at home I listen to music with a sound system.. So very very loud and I use my Ipod.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
With a new album like others I will listen to it all first. I'll choose my favorites and add them to my cell phone. I still have my old red cd player that I use to listen to the new album, before adding to my computer then cell phone.

Listening to music (non Pokemon songs) I add them to my cell phone organized my sub genre (like Grunge, Hard Rock, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Shock Rock, all have at least 20 songs) and just play them with shuffle turned and repeat on. So once all songs have played in a random order, they will play again in another random order. So my last.fm page has not been updated in months.

At home I leave my cell phone charging on pc and I use the external speakers and plug them in on the earphones. So loud music. At clinic appointments, bus, or other public places that I'm going to be, then I take my earphones with me.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
With a new album or an album I love a ton, I will listen to it full. I prefer listening to cds on my CD player instead of on iTunes, cause I feel more into for whatever reason. If I just want to listen to music, I usually just put my iPod or iTunes on shuffle. Or if I want to listen to just a certain artist/band, I'll search music by just them and put their songs on shuffle. I use Spotify alot too, which I use for albums or songs I don't own and if I like it I eventually buy it and add it to my library.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Lol I don't have complete albums. It'd be annoying to hear the same voice anyway. I shuffle thebsingson my iPad, and if I'm sick of a song, I just skip it. :>

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
When I was younger I used to just shuffle and skip the ones that I didn't want to listen to, but now I almost always listen to an album in its entirety. When I first started my music collection in the 90's I would listen to whole albums cause I had a discman and walkman and it was a hassle to changed discs or cassettes just for one song. Then when the whole digital music revolution started in like 00 or 01 I started downloading music from LimeWire and then iTunes and it changed the way I listened cause I would download singles or import only specific songs from CDs. But, when I started seriously collecting albums (either on CD or more recently on vinyl) it changed back to listening to full albums out of enjoyment rather than convenience.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I divide mine in playlists by genre, Metal/Rock, HipHop/Rap, etc. Most of the time I'll have my music on shuffle, unless I'm listening to a gapless album, or like the song that is gonna play after the one I'm currently listening to.

Years
When I get a new album on my Zune, I'll listen to whole album and delete the songs I don't like, and just play what I like. There are very few albums that I've kept all the songs on. I very rarely put any of my music on shuffle.

Back