• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gen II Shiny Pokemon

Max'd_Out

Keyblade Master
Years
Other than the Red Gyarados, the only shiny I ever caught in G/S/C was a shiny Ratatta, which I evolved into a Raticate. Lost it along with most of the rest of my Pokemon when the internal battery died.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I think shinies don't like me.I've only seen and caught like four, three of which don't exist because i forgot to save but getting on topic i really didn't see any shinies except the red Gyarados in G/S/C and i really didn't know shinies existed until Ruby.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
Other than the shiny Pokemon egg that I received and catching the shiny red Gyarados that I've never used in battle, I've caught a shiny Pidgey on the first route, headbutted a tree to find a sleeping shiny Hoot-hoot and a Gastly. I never used any of these Pokemon in battle,not even to brag to my friends.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2012
I recently started playing through crystal and the second pokemon I caught was a shiny pidgey. Not really the coolest color change ever, but shiny none the less.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Nope. Never even seen, let alone caught, a shiny Pokemon that was not a fiery red Gyarados in Gold version.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Only caught one legitimate shiny in any of the games, and it definitely wasn't in the 2nd generation.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Yeah, the only shinies I ever encountered were the "easy ones" (i.e.: the red Gyardos and shiny baby Pokemon from the Odd Egg in Crystal.) :(

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I don't think I have ever encountered one Shiny Pokemon other than that Red Gryados.

Back