• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I open up palettes in Advanced Map? I know, I'm a noob at this. But I don't know how to do this.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 18, 2013
Can't wait for the final release! I don't want to try the beta because it will just destroy my rom, so I'm waiting for the release!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
first of all let me congratulate you for a wonderful tool without my hack would be nothing, really have not had time to test the new beta enough to talk about mistakes, I would like to propose you the idea of enlarging the space for 8x8 das tiles fit as it is too fatidioso go into small blocks so you can map tiles faster and be equally fit faster, save time and better distribution.

sorry about the grammar used the google translator

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I'm scared to try the beta, since Emerald's tricky enough already, but I am REALLY looking forward to the final release. The 7-digit support alone makes my mouth water with anticipation!

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
It'd be good if we could increase the size of a blockset and to add more palettes, but I do not know if this is possible to do. Aside from that, so far so good, and I look forward to the final release.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
Years
I'm getting random EFCreateErrors a lot, including some which prohibit me from even starting AdvanceMap and from making backups as well. It's annoying and I wish you could fix those problems.
Can you send me some of the errorStack files in the ErrorLog-Directory, so i can find out where the error occurs.

Maybe you could make it compatable with GIMP or Infranview palettes?
Can you send me the Description / Structure of the Palettefiles? Than I will try to implement them.

It'd be good if we could increase the size of a blockset and to add more palettes, but I do not know if this is possible to do. Aside from that, so far so good, and I look forward to the final release.
The amount of Blocks each Tileset, and palettes each Tileset can not be changed, they are limited in the data structure/Byte size of the corresponding elements.

But you can insert complete new Tilesets with new Tileset numbers (->new Tileset option in BlockEditor)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Not sure if this is a bug but its frusterating:

ROM: FIRERED(Clean no hacks)
PROBLEM:
When you go to change a maps name in the header while the "Sort by map name" sorting is used. When you click change name it changes all the maps within the same folder to that name regardless of map bank and number. For example:

Before:
-+From Header
--+PALLET TOWN
---+PALLET TOWN (3.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.1)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.2)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.3)
---+PALLET TOWN (43.0) (The one im going to change)

After:
-+From Header
--+RHOADWAG TOWN
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (3.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.1)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.2)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.3)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (43.0) (The only one i changed)

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Not sure if this is a bug but its frusterating:

ROM: FIRERED(Clean no hacks)
PROBLEM:
When you go to change a maps name in the header while the "Sort by map name" sorting is used. When you click change name it changes all the maps within the same folder to that name regardless of map bank and number. For example:

Before:
-+From Header
--+PALLET TOWN
---+PALLET TOWN (3.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.0)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.1)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.2)
---+PALLET TOWN (4.3)
---+PALLET TOWN (43.0) (The one im going to change)

After:
-+From Header
--+RHOADWAG TOWN
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (3.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.0)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.1)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.2)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (4.3)
---+RHOADWAG TOWN (43.0) (The only one i changed)

It goes that way because it's in the same group. If you want to create a RHOADWAG TOWN, you might wanna change one of the map groups you ARE NOT going to use. Try messing with SEVII ISLEs 6 to 9. 6 and 7 don't have map data but 8 and 9 do. Edit them maps and create your town. Hope I helped. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
It goes that way because it's in the same group. If you want to create a RHOADWAG TOWN, you might wanna change one of the map groups you ARE NOT going to use. Try messing with SEVII ISLEs 6 to 9. 6 and 7 don't have map data but 8 and 9 do. Edit them maps and create your town. Hope I helped. :D
Ok thanks, maybe a future version will have a context menu like create map group, or something.

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
Years
I mean that if i import an infranview .PAL file, the colors go very dark. And did you mean i just send a .Pal file?

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Lu-Ho, I almost forgot about something that you may want to address in this update (if you haven't already).

A-Map starts free space searches at 6B0000, right? Emerald's true free space, according to an R&D thread on the site, should start around E3CF64. This can be mostly solved by changing the "suchbyte" and "suchbeginn" settings in the .ini file, but it seems that A-Map still uses its default search values when creating new map banks. This could potentially cause sound corruption.

In 1.95 you could either change the search values or make it so that A-Map is unable to use its default settings once the user has set new settings in the .ini. Whichever is easiest. Again, this is really only a problem for Emerald hackers. But since it should be easy to fix, I thought you might want to look into it if you haven't yet.

Click here to see the thread about sound corruption in Pokemon Emerald.

Years
Just wanted to stop off and say what a wonderful Tool you have here. I haven't been around the block long, nor have I used any other program's, but yours by reputation seems to be the best, and so far I like.

If it hasn't already been discussed though, personally I think an easier way to Swap Tile sets would be a nice new thing. As well, deleting map's completely, i.e. my Rom Hack doesn't need Viridian Forest in FR, and while I know I can re-purpose that map / header, It'd be nice if I could just delete it all together instead of having to go through connections and events.

Just thought I'd voice my opinion is all. It still is a great program though, thank you.

Edit:
In 1.95 you could either change the search values or make it so that A-Map is unable to use its default settings once the user has set new settings in the .ini. Whichever is easiest. Again, this is really only a problem for Emerald hackers. But since it should be easy to fix, I thought you might want to look into it if you haven't yet.

Personally a way I could see to combat this problem is have it auto detect which Pokemon game you are hacking / modding, and change a list of options that are different from each version OR when it load's up, have it ask you to make a selection of what Pokemon game you are going to be modding / hacking. It might be a simplistic point of view, and I am not a programmer, but I have seen user made programs do the same job for two different games. The program was for mass mod loading, but it's essentially the same thing, switching between game's to meet each ones differences.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
How's the progress going with the new AdvanceMap, Lu-Ho? I'm sure am looking forward to the newer bug-fixed version of AdvanceMap. ^^

The longer the better, I guess. xD

However, the problem with the map names not being able to be changed on an Emerald ROM really does need to be fixed, otherwise no one will be able to change the name of a map.

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
Years
Lu-Ho, I need to know some stuff about 1.95.

1. Will it be easier to edit events?
2. Can you change all aspects of a map in each time and season?
3. PLEASE can you add the option for more Wild Pokemon types?

Paupir

Dreamer
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
It would be nice if you could see the Up/Down block data without opening the Block Editor. For example, you might put it next to the Border block above the actual tileset.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Okay I fell like a noob for asking this but...
For clicking the "Open Script" Button in events, and it says "No script editor defined" how do I connect Advanced Map with some script editor so that I wont be confuzzed anymore?

On the menu, go to Settings>Choose script editor. When you've chosen it, it will ask a yes or no question. XSE can be either, PKSV is no.

Back