• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

❆Welcome to the Gym, Time to Test Your Might❆ (Gym Leaders' Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Sign-Up Form
Name: Cardinal
Your Gym Leader: Needz moar 3rd Gen. Winona!
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!): Sparrow the Noctowl and Joy the Altaria <3
Why have you joined to be trained:Because I wanna be the very best like no one ever was.

Years
Sign-Up Form
Name: Cardinal
Your Gym Leader: Needz moar 3rd Gen. Winona!
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!): Sparrow the Noctowl and Joy the Altaria <3
Why have you joined to be trained:Because I wanna be the very best like no one ever was.

Hi Cardinal.

So, I guess you like Flying-types?

Make sure to get involved in the latest topic. Oh, and btw I love Winona's design, I think she had the best design of the Hoenn Gym Leaders.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, the announcing of a game out of the blue, is pretty different from just giving one of the key characters in a game a twin out of the blue. I mean there had been no signs of it at all, so it'd just be pretty weird. Not to mention that it just seems a bit dumb that the twin would suddenly take over the gym from their sibling :P

What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see her in the anime just to get to know her more than just the games?

Yeah, Janine was just never quite explained in my opinion. I mean, we know that she took over the gym from Koga after he became part of the Elite 4, and that she's his daughter, but I don't recall anything else being explained about her. So yeah, I'd like to see her in the anime, but the only way that I could see that happening was if they made the protagonists return to Johto or Kanto like they did with Battle Frontier, but with all the B2/W2 stuff happening right now, they have a lot of other stuff to take care of, so I don't see that happening at any point.

An alternative could be if she made an appearance in later games, where she would be more explained and stuff, but that is also unlikely to happen. I guess Janine is just one of the characters that we'll never get to know much about.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Name: CAREFULWETPAINT
Your Gym Leader: Claire <3
2 Partner Pokemon(Read the Rules & Yes we can have nicknames!): DRAGONITE! And I'll have a Dratini as my one to catch pleaseee.
Why have you joined to be trained: Because Claire is a dragon master and dragons are my favourites pokemons and I would be honored to train under her.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see her in the anime just to get to know her more than just the games?

Janine should probably have her backstory expanded a bit and I'd prefer if it was done in the game as the anime has gotten horrible. Though saying this she is explored a bit more in the manga which is really cool! If you guys havent read it and are interested in her you should probably check it out xD

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Well, I was kind of disappointed not to see Janine when Ash returned to Kanto, seeing as Janine is supposed to be the gym leader then. But I guess, Janine is really a minor character (despite being a gym leader herself). I guess, there is really not much of a story behind her.

Olli

Years
Well, Gamefreak has been known to be stressed by being behind schedule and stuff with Pokémon games, at least with the earlier ones, so it could be that Janine was just a quick decision for G/S/C that they didn't want to work any more on. I mean, back with R/B/Y, the lack of time for finishing the game was what spawned MissingNo, so yeah.

Though I am not discluding the possibility of them suddenly giving her a story, I just don't think it's possible, since it has been like 12 years or something since the character was made xD

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
She has a bit of a back story in the manga people! Why you ignore me! Shes definitely more prominent in the manga then any other pokemon related thing.

I personally think its cool how she takes on the gym when her father gets promoted, shows a lot of dedication to her family. We could nearly look at her as a member of the club as she surely trained under Koga when he was a gym leader!

Also I think the reason shes not in the anime is because they always reset it meaning basically no time ever seems to pass in the pokemon world so Koga would probably still be the gym leader of Fuschia City in that timeline?

Olli

Years
She has a bit of a back story in the manga people! Why you ignore me! Shes definitely more prominent in the manga then any other pokemon related thing.

I personally think its cool how she takes on the gym when her father gets promoted, shows a lot of dedication to her family. We could nearly look at her as a member of the club as she surely trained under Koga when he was a gym leader!

Also I think the reason shes not in the anime is because they always reset it meaning basically no time ever seems to pass in the pokemon world so Koga would probably still be the gym leader of Fuschia City in that timeline?
She has? I've only ever read a small part of the manga, and that was only in the Kanto part of the story. Sorry I didn't notice.

And yeah, that is quite some dedication they are showing there. Though it kinda makes me wonder, how are gym leaders even selected to be gym leaders. I mean, is it like the previous gym leader gives some candidates to whoever is in control of the league team, and let them decide on a fitting gym leader to further occupy the gym? Maybe that's worth making a topic on?

And yeah, you're probably right. One of the must confusing things about the Pokémon anime is how in the world they make sense out of making almost every episode a new day in the journey, which is well over 700 episodes by now. That would be close to two years in the real world, including the episodes that take off from the previous ones.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Would you like to see Janine in the anime just to get to know her more than just the games?

The Anime, Games & Manga are in completely different development or something like that, correct? The Anime developers could be like against her or something. I don't know..but I did like her. Her dad Koga was cool, and I'm sure they wanted to spice things a little & make an interesting change with Koga moving up to the Elite Four with his daughter taking over the gym. You know, just like how Blue took over after Giovanni in the Viridian Gym.

Does anyone remember Aya from the Anime when Ash, Misty & Brock went for the Soul Badge? Would you rather see Aya take over as gym leader in-game?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd love to get to know more of Janine. Getting to know her in-game just wasn't enough. And I'm someone that's clueless about her because I don't actually read the manga. If they could just make at least an episode of her in the anime, then that would complete my curiosity about her.

Does anyone remember Aya from the Anime when Ash, Misty & Brock went for the Soul Badge? Would you rather see Aya take over as gym leader in-game?

As a watcher of the anime at that time, I totally remember her. At first I thought she was the actual gym leader (lol clueless 8-year-old me) I guess she would also be a perfect fit for gym leader. If Janine gets promoted or leaves, then she should totally take over. :)

Olli

Years
My memories from the first season are quite faint actually, so I think I should get down to watching it again. Though as far as I remember Aya, I would have to say no. I mean, as Koga's little sister she, she should've been heir to the gym leader spot over Janine, though neither of them appears outside of their respective part of the franchise, so that would be hard to debate.

Though to be honest, with the battle skills that Aya showed, I think I'd rather go with Janine. They weren't exactly impressive, and oh well. I just don't see her as a good gym leader.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Alrighty, 4 days has passed since the last new topic discussion.

There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this? Other than Dark-type being "just plain good!"

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dark types are plain good, no other reason.

I am guessing that there are few Dark-types who are eligible to be used by early gym leaders, and there are more types fitting for the final slots for the leadership. I think this is the reason why Dark-types are always pushed to the Elite Four.

we could just stop this talk right now, and agree that Dark-types are good.

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
Name: TheAC29
Your Gym Leader: Jasmine
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) Empoleon, (Captured) Aggron
Why have you joined to be trained? I've always like all the Gym Leaders' pokemon type especially Jasmine's Steel-Type pokemon, it only deals 1/2 damage if you're using a pure Steel-Type (Fire, Fighting and Ground are effective against Steel) or dual-type like my fave pokemon Empoleon :D

blue

gucci
Years

Name: Suicune™
Your Gym Leader: Tate & Liza
2 Partner Pokemon: Lunatone (Luna) & Solrock (Solar)
Why have you joined to be trained: Because I love the gym leaders and their Pokémon.
There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this? - Well there's no reason to not have a dark type Gym Leader, maybe they like to keep the type orientation similar but I have a feeling in the next Generation we'll see this for the first time because 16 years without a Dark type leader but all other types covered is too long IMO.

Last edited:

Olli

Years
There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this?

I'm not sure, but as far as I know, Dark types are one of the less popular types, and kinda boring compared to others. I mean, I personally think it reminds me a bit of some other types, but then again, the same could be said for Steel types, who where introduced in the same generation as Dark types. But, well, maybe the only explanation is that they actually are just too strong additions to gym leader teams?

To be honest, I'd really like to see a Dark type gym at one point. Though, this may be because I'm still stuck in third generation, but I honestly can't recall that many Dark type Pokémon, so designing a whole gym for them sounds like a pretty difficult idea without having to use the same Pokémon over and over again, especially if it was one of the later gyms.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Name: TheAC29
Your Gym Leader: Jasmine
2 Partner Pokemon: (From Gym Leader) Empoleon, (Captured) Aggron
Why have you joined to be trained? I've always like all the Gym Leaders' pokemon type especially Jasmine's Steel-Type pokemon, it only deals 1/2 damage if you're using a pure Steel-Type (Fire, Fighting and Ground are effective against Steel) or dual-type like my fave pokemon Empoleon :D

Name: Suicune™
Your Gym Leader: Tate & Liza
2 Partner Pokemon: Lunatone (Luna) & Solrock (Solar)
Why have you joined to be trained: Because I love the gym leaders and their Pokémon.
There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this? - Well there's no reason to not have a dark type Gym Leader, maybe they like to keep the type orientation similar but I have a feeling in the next Generation we'll see this for the first time because 16 years without a Dark type leader but all other types covered is too long IMO.
Welcome to the club Suicune and AC29! @AC29, it would be appreciated if you could answer the topic ;) The most recent is in the quote below.
There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this?

Also! How does everyone feel about doing a little Pokemon Online tournament for our gym leaders? Discuss your opinions about this event!

TheAC29

A new adventure begins now
Years
"There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this?"
Well, the reason why they didn't make a Dark-Type gym is that it's less challenging(It can only deal normal damage) than other Types of Gym and it has less pure dark-type pokemon and half and secondary dark-type, they can use Skuntank, Tyranitar, Drapion, Sneasel, Weavile, etc. Just like Jasmine's pokemon, she has 2 Magnemites (Electric-Steel Type) and Steelix (Steel-Ground Type).

I really, really like to see a Dark-Type Gym for future Pokemon games, but it takes a long time to design a whole interior of the gym and ideas on which dark-type pokemon to use to make it more challenging like the other Gyms

I almost forgot that I've made userbars for the club :D
Here the links:
For Kanto: http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8152
For Johto: http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8153
For Hoenn: http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8151
The rest are still in the making

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I'd Like to Join

Name: Drgons90
Gym Leader: Tate
2 Partner Pokemons: Lunatone and Gardevoir
Reason for joining: I am interested in most Psychic types because they have very high Sp Att and their attacks always rely on that attribute to damage.

Is it ok if I choose half of that gym leader? I'm a boy so it's awkward if I choose liza or sabrina.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
"There has been Elite Four members who mono Dark-types, but is the only type lacking for a Gym. Do you think there is a reason behind this and how do you feel about this?"
Well, the reason why they didn't make a Dark-Type gym is that it's less challenging(It can only deal normal damage) than other Types of Gym and it has less pure dark-type pokemon and half and secondary dark-type, they can use Skuntank, Tyranitar, Drapion, Sneasel, Weavile, etc. Just like Jasmine's pokemon, she has 2 Magnemites (Electric-Steel Type) and Steelix (Steel-Ground Type).

I really, really like to see a Dark-Type Gym for future Pokemon games, but it takes a long time to design a whole interior of the gym and ideas on which dark-type pokemon to use to make it more challenging like the other Gyms

I almost forgot that I've made userbars for the club :D
Here the links:
For Kanto: http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8152
For Johto: http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8153
For Hoenn: http://www.pokecommunity.com/album.php?albumid=8151
The rest are still in the making
Thank you for the userbars, I will get those updated tonight when I edit the main post :X
Name: Drgons90
Gym Leader: Tate
2 Partner Pokemons: Lunatone and Gardevoir
Reason for joining: I am interested in most Psychic types because they have very high Sp Att and their attacks always rely on that attribute to damage.

Is it ok if I choose half of that gym leader? I'm a boy so it's awkward if I choose liza or sabrina.
Sure thing, although I don't see how its awkward to choose a female leader xD

NEW TOPIC:

Would you like to see more various-type Gym Leaders? (Ex: Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back