• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Hey guys, I've been having trouble with this movesprite level script on Pokemon Firered.
Basically when you enter the map nothing moves. Is there anything I have to activate on the people such as people ID's etc.?

'---------------
#org 0x71AAC8
#raw 0x2
#raw pointer 0x871A376
#raw 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x71A376
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0
#raw pointer 0x8803EEC
#raw word 0x0

'---------------
#org 0x803EEC
checkflag 0x216
if 0x1 goto 0x8803F4E
checkflag 0x820
if 0x1 goto 0x8803F51
checkflag 0x215
if 0x1 goto 0x8803F4E
movesprite 0x1 0x17 0x27
movesprite 0x2 0x17 0x27
movesprite 0x3 0x17 0x27
movesprite 0x4 0x17 0x27
movesprite 0x5 0x17 0x27
movesprite 0x6 0x18 0x27
movesprite 0x7 0x18 0x27
movesprite 0x8 0x18 0x27
movesprite 0x9 0x18 0x27
movesprite 0xA 0x18 0x27
'---------------
#org 0x803F4E
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x803F51
hidesprite 0x1
hidesprite 0x2
hidesprite 0x3
hidesprite 0x4
hidesprite 0x5
hidesprite 0x6
hidesprite 0x7
hidesprite 0x8
hidesprite 0x9
hidesprite 0xA
setflag 0x216

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Okay, so I don't know what's up, if I'm just not noticing something obvious with this or what, but it's happened to me before. This script won't work, that's it. The only way how I've been able to fix this problem if by switching "if 0x1" to "if 0x0", but on other scripts when I use "if 0x1" the same exact way, it works just fine. Why does this keep happening?

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x2B
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
applymovement 0x1 @mom
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @alert 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @go
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @mom1 0x6
setflag 0x2B
setflag 0x2C
setflag 0x2D
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @alert
= MOM: [player]!

#org @mom1
= You were supposed to be meeting\nPROFESSOR OAK outside so you could\lget your first POKEMON!\lGet out there so you're not\lkeeping him waiting any longer!

#org @mom
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @go
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Okay, so I don't know what's up, if I'm just not noticing something obvious with this or what, but it's happened to me before. This script won't work, that's it. The only way how I've been able to fix this problem if by switching "if 0x1" to "if 0x0", but on other scripts when I use "if 0x1" the same exact way, it works just fine. Why does this keep happening?

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x2B
if 0x1 goto @done
lock
applymovement 0x1 @mom
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @alert 0x6
applymovement 0x1 @go
waitmovement 0x1
msgbox @mom1 0x6
setflag 0x2B
setflag 0x2C
setflag 0x2D
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @alert
= MOM: [player]!

#org @mom1
= You were supposed to be meeting\nPROFESSOR OAK outside so you could\lget your first POKEMON!\lGet out there so you're not\lkeeping him waiting any longer!

#org @mom
#raw 0x62
#raw 0xFE

#org @go
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x20
#raw 0x1E
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

It means your flag is already set. There is a good chance that low number flags like 0x2B are in use by the game just to keep track of stuff. I found a list of safe flags once, but since I can't remember them all, I do know that all of the flags in the 1000's are safe and will work just fine.

As you probably already know, "if 0x1" means the if the flag is set, go to @done. "If 0x0" means if the flag is not set, go to wherever the pointer goes. So, if it checks the flag and it is set (0x1) but your script only says what to do if not set (If 0x0...) the script will just continue.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
hey can u tell me how can i make a script such tht brock battles me at viridian forest exit and give badge to me and thn went back to pewter city can u help me?

Read scripting tutorials.

Just make a simple trainerbattle script and set the flag for the first badge which is 0x820 and make Brock disappear with the hidesprite command.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2017
i have just started hacking fire red. i read a tutorial from this forum and i did exactly as it told me to. i wrote a basic talking script. when i talked to the person, the game freezes(probably locks then does nothing else and i get stuck). i do not know what i am doing wrong.
Spoiler:

any ideas? i searched this problem for awhile and i couldn't find it.

karatekid552

Years
i have just started hacking fire red. i read a tutorial from this forum and i did exactly as it told me to. i wrote a basic talking script. when i talked to the person, the game freezes(probably locks then does nothing else and i get stuck). i do not know what i am doing wrong.
Spoiler:

any ideas? i searched this problem for awhile and i couldn't find it.

Your script looks fine, though it won't work in XSE 1.0.0, make sure you have 1.1.1. I learned that the hard way. Okay, so your script is attached to an NPC and when you talk to him, the game freezes... Hmmm... Try opening up the compiled script in XSE (just double click on the NPC in amap) and make sure that the only changes are the replacement of @titles with actual offsets. 0x6 may also be replaced with MSG_NORMAL.

Just a minor house keeping thing, it is best to only write dynamic labels higher than 0x500000, preferably in the 600000's and up. This way there is almost no chance of writing in between codes that were originally put their by GAME FREAK.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2017
i checked and i have xse 1.0.0. i looked around for xse 1.1.1 using google search but i couldn't find it. do you have any links to it?

karatekid552

Years
Open the Settings file in Notepad and change 'AutoUpdateCheck=1' to 'AutoUpdateCheck=0'.

Dr. Fuji, just wondering, I have a friend who's XSE constantly crashed on opening. I sent him my perfectly working .ini, which had auto-update off, and it still continued to crash. We even replaced his XSE.exe too. So, are there any specific things XSE requires, like .dll files or the .net framework?

I ended up installing all the .dll's and .net frameworks associated with rom hacking before ever getting XSE so I have no idea whether having them or not changed anything.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Dr. Fuji, just wondering, I have a friend who's XSE constantly crashed on opening. I sent him my perfectly working .ini, which had auto-update off, and it still continued to crash. We even replaced his XSE.exe too. So, are there any specific things XSE requires, like .dll files or the .net framework?

I ended up installing all the .dll's and .net frameworks associated with rom hacking before ever getting XSE so I have no idea whether having them or not changed anything.

Is he using a Mac? If he is then he will have to use Wine so it can emulate a Windows OS. If he is using a Windows OS then it will be more complicated. Does he receive any message about the crash when it happens, like a runtime error or something? If he is getting it some sort of information then I would try going on that. It could also be a permission error but frankly I have absolutely no idea :P

I don't think it requires any specific .dll or .net since I can't remember XSE crashing for me since getting it years ago (apart from changing the AutoUpdate=1) even though it was one of the things I downloaded first. I'm not very experienced when it comes to dealing with a serious internal problem like that nor do I have an insight into what it needs to run - I'm just throwing ideas into the air right now haha.

karatekid552

Years

Is he using a Mac? If he is then he will have to use Wine so it can emulate a Windows OS. If he is using a Windows OS then it will be more complicated. Does he receive any message about the crash when it happens, like a runtime error or something? If he is getting it some sort of information then I would try going on that. It could also be a permission error but frankly I have absolutely no idea :P

I don't think it requires any specific .dll or .net since I can't remember XSE crashing for me since getting it years ago (apart from changing the AutoUpdate=1) even though it was one of the things I downloaded first. I'm not very experienced when it comes to dealing with a serious internal problem like that nor do I have an insight into what it needs to run - I'm just throwing ideas into the air right now haha.

He didn't say anything about an error, and he said he was going to try an emulate another pc on his, so he might be using a mac. I didn't even think to ask. I'll get some more info and post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2017
Open the Settings file in Notepad and change 'AutoUpdateCheck=1' to 'AutoUpdateCheck=0'.
i don't have a settings file as i only got a .zip file and not a .rar file from tajaros' link so i only have the application and nothing else. any links to a xse folder and not just the application?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
i don't have a settings file as i only got a .zip file and not a .rar file from tajaros' link so i only have the application and nothing else. any links to a xse folder and not just the application?

Here's a link of what originally came with XSE - It has the .rbh files, guide and settings. The settings have already had the AutoUpdateCheck set to 0 so it should be in working condition as soon as its downloaded :D

It is a compressed file though so you will need a program like 7Zip or WinRAR to open it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Hey, can someone help me out really quick? I used this as the set healing place for the mothers house of FR and when i tested it after losing a battle, I ended up in the traderoom placeand then was stuck there. I set the script to 3 i believe, "on enter/menu close" or whatever. I'm sorry, if there's one thing I always mess up, it's level scripts.

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
setvar 0x405A 0x0004
setvar 0x405B 0x05
setvar 0x405C 0x05
applymovement 0x1 @face2
waitmovement 0x1
applymovement 0xFF @face
waitmovement 0xFF
sethealingplace 0x1
release
end

#org @face
#raw 0x01
#raw 0xFE

#org @face2
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

karatekid552

Years
how can i make a shiny wild pokemon battle?

The good way or the easy way? Haha.

If you want to do it the good way, just go into HackMew's knowledge and look for a link to making shinies near the top. This requires a good amount of ASM knowledge and time, however, it will make shinies that are completely unique in terms of PID stats and such.

However, if you're not into ASM, use the tool Shinyzer on your rom. After you use it, just add "setvar 0x8003 0x#" to any script and the next # of Pokemon will be shiny (including trainer pokemon, not just wild!). This isn't the best way since I've heard the PID's tend to not be unique and the stats aren't perfect, but it does work, and I haven't had any problems with it.

Last edited:
Years
I used A-Mart to edit some of the marts in my FR Hack, and now Lavender's mart is glitchy. It shows a string of random letters instead of an image, if you try to buy anything it says you have no room, and when you exit the menu the game blacks out and never comes back.

I went into the script and for some reason it had an extra checkflag and return added to the end of the script instead of release and end, so I removed those. But the problem was still there. So I went into a backup of the Hack and pulled up the script from that, and there seemed to be no difference except for the #raw word values, which are what I changed.

Finally, I wrote a new script that looks almost identical to the old one but with new offsets. This ALMOST worked, except that when I have a 3-digit hex value as a #raw word (ex. #raw word 13F), it only reads the last two (the 3F part) and so displays the wrong item. I checked other mart scripts and that doesn't happen...

Can anybody help me? I'll attach the most current script...

EDIT: Apparently it wasn't just Lavender. Fucshia's is messed up too, and who knows how many others...

Code:
'-----------------------
#org 0x802159
special 0x187
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto 0x81A7AE0
lock
faceplayer
msgbox2 0x81A6211 '"Hi, there!\nMay I help you?"
waitmsgbox
pokemart 0x880217F
msgbox 0x81A5190 '"Please come again!"