• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Acanthite – The GSC Prequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
How do you not understand the role of one person being the spriter?
Zephyer you mentioned malachite.
Did you ever see the dex for malachite?
None of the sprites styles were identical to one another and they all looked out of place.
Having one spriter you have one style and they will all look the same.
I understand completely where fang is on this idea.

It's not like the sprites are the biggest part to.
They don't all need to be done right away.
You still have mapping, eventing, scripting, designing. And everything else.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Kanga is the one who doesn't want another spriter, but I agree fully that consistency is very important. Show me someone who mimics his style perfectly and I'll refer their work to him but he's stubborn ;) He's also been with the project since the beginning, essentially so he's not bailed on me yet. And he's graduated from college/uni :P

It has been slow but that's more due to the redesign process than anything.

I understand your views and frustrations though guys. Don't get me wrong, these aren't easy decisions to make with regard to how many spriters to take on! My problem is that spriters all want the same job: the Pokémon. Other areas have been neglected altogether, whereas the Pokémon sprites are in relatively good health.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
How do you not understand the role of one person being the spriter?
Having one spriter you have one style and they will all look the same.
I understand completely where fang is on this idea.
I didn't mean that I didn't understand the idea of one person being the spriter... -_- Obviously, there are people out there who can make identical sprites and mimic one's spriting style, and therefore faster production, so I don't know why you're against the opinion of ZephyrPlusle and I :P I meant that I don't understand why there is one spriter when there are many out there who are great style emulators.

But anyway, we shouldn't get into a whole argument about this. As soon as I saw Charlie say that Kanga's graduated from college/university and he actually prefers him being the sole spriter, I was like "r u seriuz?". xD

Years
This is my first time seeing your thread and I must say its very impressive. I really like the progress you have made so far and the screens are fantastic. I can't wait until I play it because I'm sure with the effort presented here that I won't be the least bit disappointed! :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
FYI vesper that message wasn't to you, it was towards zephyer, for the most part.
But i don't care.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2009
In my mind rpgmxp games are some of the best, and this is no exception. Good story and good mapping, cant wait

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I download it and it works, right? And i know how you said to download "fonts" but i didnt know where and so i played acanthite...but couldnt...read..any..thing ><

erm exactly where did you download it from??? the game doesent have a download yet

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Anyone who dug up and downloaded that old demo will have no sympathy from me when they play it. What a disaster!

Quick newsflash, we have overcome one of our main scripting hurdles for the demo thanks to the generosity of Wichu and we're another big step closer. Additionally, we have a new member of staff by the name of Valkari Knight who will be providing us with an array of new graphics:

picasioncom_a606765a59222243c00195b.gif

Untitled64-2.gif

Untitled11-1.gif

These graphics are solely for the use of Pokémon Acanthite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back