• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New version exclusive areas

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So according to CoroCoro, there's now a fire and a water cave as version exclusives, as well as what looks to be an updated Black City/White Forest.

What do yo think is in the new City/Forest and where do you think the other two caves are located, general thoughts of those two locations, why do you think they exist and what you think they're called and how much they'll alter between versions, and so on?

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
I'm very pleased to see that Black City and White Forest are returning with a better look. As for these new caves, my prediction is that they will be available post-game, possibly near where Black City and White Forest are. For some reason these caves just scream out Ruby and Sapphire, but maybe that's just me being crazy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As soon as I saw the updated Black City/White Forest screens, I was very happy. I wonder if they'll serve the same purpose they did in BW with having people/buildings disappear if you don't do enough linking.
I hope not, considering both look a bit better they might actually cater to those with wifi even so :3
I'm very pleased to see that Black City and White Forest are returning with a better look. As for these new caves, my prediction is that they will be available post-game, possibly near where Black City and White Forest are. For some reason these caves just scream out Ruby and Sapphire, but maybe that's just me being crazy.

oh yeah I definitely thought the same at first too actually XD; if that's not an R/S remake hint idk what is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

I hope not, considering both look a bit better they might actually cater to those with wifi even so :3

oh yeah I definitely thought the same at first too actually XD; if that's not an R/S remake hint idk what is.

Watch we can Catch Groudon and Kyogre in them XD.

But ya that is a very weird thing to add in. If they are releasing those they had better do it by the end of the year or else they may be releasing them for a dead system.

I gotta question why a Water for Black Kyurem's Black 2 though. Maybe we can catch them there? Still seems an odd association.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well maybe because electricity is super effective against water, while... in R/S, technically, it was ground, and ground is super effective against fire, so if it's related to R/S remakes then it goes with opposites? XD;

I dunno though, I just want to see how large Black City and White Forest have become as a whole though, since the screenshots lead me to think there's a lot more.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just noticed that Magby is exclusive to Black 2 and Elekid is exclusive to White two. Seems like they are trying to keep the Ying Yang thing going since the Fire is with the "Electric" mascot and the Electric is with the "Fire" Mascot.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yeah that cave sure does make me think of RS...hmm I wonder what's in them...
The version exclusives aren't that surprising seeing how the Magby and Elekid line are opposites (Jynx will proably be in both).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Seems like a hint to R/S remakes. Of course they could have very well have said "Hurr durr I want lava and water deeeerrrrrpppp"
Like, it COULD BE just THAT simple. But still, it seems neat! I hope that you could catch Kyogre and Groudon, that'd be cool! I AM excited to see White Forest and Black City back, too. White Forest was one of my favorite parts of White.

Years
Seems like a hint to R/S remakes. Of course they could have very well have said "Hurr durr I want lava and water deeeerrrrrpppp"
Like, it COULD BE just THAT simple. But still, it seems neat! I hope that you could catch Kyogre and Groudon, that'd be cool! I AM excited to see White Forest and Black City back, too. White Forest was one of my favorite parts of White.
If Kyogre and Groundon are in it than most likely that'll proably mean one Emerald remake...

Back on topic: I'm glad to see the forest and city back as well. Got to say, I like the look of it from what I've seen compared to the BW's versions.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ugh, at Black City making a comeback. This only re-confirms my desire to get White 2 when it eventually arrives. I really wish Game Freak had just abandoned both of them, but it appears they're still here to stay. At least the new caves sound kinda cool, in their own way!

blue

gucci
Years
One game is Water based, while the other is Magma based. When I saw Magma it initially put the RS remake hint into my head but yeah this is a great idea, I'm always looking for a decent Water & Fire type for my team. Oh and Delcatty & Lopunny, yay! I've wanted to use these two but never got round to it so I might in either White 2 or Black 2.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Perhaps they chose Water for Black 2 since an Electric cave would be difficult to differentiate from Chargestone Cave? Assuming that Chargestone Cave is still within the game, of course (which it looks like it may be from the map). That, or, as others have pointed out, maybe they'll be locations to catch Groudon and Kyogre/are references to Ruby and Sapphire.

Anyway, cool to see more version exclusives, as well as the updated White Forest/Black City. I hope they'll be updated in their function as well, so I actually have an incentive to keep a save file hanging around for the post-game content.

Years
I wonder how the city and forest will look when you use high link between a Black or White with a Black 2 or White 2, if that's possible at all. Will doing so make it appear like the old version for that occasion?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like the new caves, especially the water one. I also like the updated Black City and White Forest; I think they'll serve the same purpose as in the original B2/W2.

Years
I was hit with two thoughts on word of this news:
- Team Magma & Team Aqua are in this???
- Groudon & Kyogre caves? Again? Really???

But given mention of version exclusivity of Electabuzz line & Magmar line, such wilds would likely be in different area types. Buzz in Chargestone perhaps.

Nice to hear that Black City and White Forest are back. However, with earlier mention of "if you've got Black then get Black*2, and vice versa", I am curious as to White Forest being in Black*2. Not that it matters as I already own B & W and own two DS units (three, with consideration of DSi).

If Kyogre and Groundon are in it than most likely that'll proably mean one Emerald remake...

Or another HGSS thing, where its a revisit of the other storyline (Crystal) with modifications to game exclusives (Emerald not having wild Roselia or Meditite).

Last edited:

Years
Perhaps the caves are merely easter eggs for the 10th anniversity of RS. I can see them having some Hoenn dex Pokemon of that type like Feebas for the water cave and Torcoal for Magma cave.

Years
WAITAMINUTE. What if the sci-fi looking Opelucid is in White2 now?! OH NOOOO they better not do that. I'd get so mad.
I don't think they'll going to do that, most likely they'll keep advanced Opelucid in Black since Black city is in black too, the games and mascot color and look of it now match the city look and name (ex: Black city with Black Kyurem, with tech (Zekrom is tech looking) )

Years
Ugh, at Black City making a comeback. This only re-confirms my desire to get White 2 when it eventually arrives. I really wish Game Freak had just abandoned both of them, but it appears they're still here to stay. At least the new caves sound kinda cool, in their own way!

Well Cat Dog, they reason Black City and White Forest are being retained is to ensure compatibility with the original Black and White.

I loved Black City's design so I'm glad they're back.

Back