• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#22 - Forme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #22 - Form
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: Season's Greetings 1 - Autumn Form

585_a.gif
586_a.gif

This week's task is to choose any 649 Pokemon, and give them an alternate form. If you didn't get the idea, then the form is an Autumn form. Try to be clever and use ideas from the season. Perhaps the colours can be changed to represent the changing leaves or maybe the 'age' of a Pokemon to represent the hardening and crunching of the leaves. Be creative!

Keep in mind that you may not choose an alternate form(e)s as a base as it is another forme itself. For example choosing a Keldeo Resolution Forme -> Autumn Form. If you need clarification on if X is an available option, then feel free to post a question.

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.

• No alternate form(e)s
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
  • You are allowed to post WIPs (Work in Progress) but please specify which image is your final.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 24 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
Good luck. If you have any questions & concerns, feel free to send me a PM.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Chandelure Fall-Forme (The Jack-o-lantern Spectre)

pumpl.png

Years
Thought I'd go for something simple.

mrr2gn.jpg

I took inspiration from some arctic animals that change colour of their fur to blend into their environment.

Depending on whether I'm allowed to do Spring or not, this is either:
Seel's Autumn malting period before Winter to lose it's brown fur
or
Seel's Spring malting period before Summer to lose it's white fur.
or
Seel fell in some mud..

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I was originally gonna go with a plant-based Pokemon (e.g.: leaves falling off etc.) then I decided that would be too predictable. I did kinda go with a Pokemon that is already pretty seasonal already, but I did kinda try to make it as different as I could while still trying to make it a forme. I chose it since I thought about how some animals store food during the Autumn for Winter, and that Delibird would be perfect. :D So yeah, I'm sure you'll Fall (pun INTENDED xD) in love with this Autumn Delibird. :D Differences inclue it's 'eyebrows' turning more leafy for camouflage, it's feat changing from webbed feet to the average bird feet for easier travel and a different colour scheme again to blend in.
2drwiuc.png

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Autumn Forme Tropius. Representing the fall harvest with the cornucopia headpiece, orange and yellow colors, and fall gourds hanging from its neck. 17 colors + transparency

tropiusfall.png

Years
Fall Forme Shaymin

I guess in real formes pokemon wise they transform automatically, but that doesn't make sense.

So with Shaymin being such a spring looking pokemon, it also tries very hard not to get eaten. To camouflage, in fall it's brush turns orange and becomes more prickly, and it rolls around in dead leaves till it gets a good coat of them to stick.

fallforme.png

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
2ioyrs.png

As the days shorten and the air starts to become cooler, Ursaring grow a
thick coat of fur and begin to bulk up for the coming period of hibernation.

k9e74o.png

(original sprite for comparison)

Last edited:

mjolnirIV

Graphic Designer
Years
Here's leafeon's autumn forme. Poor leafeon, he's lost all of his leaves =( Oh well, at least they'll be back in spring.

autumnespeon.png

Years
WPC will be paused momentarily due to the celebration of PCX.

edit;
October 12th 2012
Results will be posted soon along with a new WPC this weekend.

Last edited:
Years

And the winners are...

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - Retribution
2drwiuc.png

The colours and theme work perfectly. The yellow with the orange and even with the brown body colour flows so well together.

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - -ty-
pumpl.png

The idea design was very typical but well executed, and I'm, surprised I didn't see more Halloween-related sprites.

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - Chesu
2ioyrs.png

lol fat ursaring
I didn't expect to see a sprite with a more complex design such as this.

Honourable Mention(s)

2ezpblz.jpg

Lornami
fallforme.png

-----

Thanks for participating. See you next time! Check this thread to look at past winners and contests. You can also chat about the contest in the General Pixel Art Discussion thread. An emblem has been revealed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back