• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite font?

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Simple question, what's your favorite font for web uses? Or generally anything else you use online ranging from graphics to buttons/icons... etc.

Personally it's a tie between Verdana and Helvetica :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Verdana for text that you spend the most time reading and Exo for header text. I also like Tahoma, Franklin Gothic Medium, and Helvetica. Franklin Gothic Medium is my all-time favorite font, though.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Arial Unicode MS for widespread compatibility and readability. Microsoft should allow it it to be freely distributed.
I've never used anything else for as long as I've had the font, simply as a matter of functional course. I do also keep Code2000 in case I come across things like Runic text which are beyond the coverage of any normal unicode font, in which case browsers should default to using that for the relevant text, but it's not nearly as readable as Arial so I wouldn't set it as the overall default. It's just nice to be able to see things as they're meant to appear, instead of blank blocks.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Calibri is beautiful. I also enjoy Ubuntu, I use it on my phone. :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Verdana, Ubuntu, and Segoe UI are three of my favorite fonts. I like all forms of Segoe, print, handwriting, light, etc. :3

droomph

weeb
Years
Coincidentally, I like to keep a list of my favorite fonts in a list somewhere (because sometimes I break out the CSS) so here they are :p

Trebuchet MS, Adale Mono, Monaco, Consolas, Courier New, Courier, Papyrus, Comic Sans MS, serif

Years
Segoe UI is my favorite font. I have always liked the way it has shaped characters and smileys such as >_> and <_< lol

Years
I don't have one particular favorite, but Calibri, Cambria, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS and TW Cen MT Condensed would have to round out my top 5 everyday fonts.

I don't even mind saying that I don't hate Comic Sans. Sure, it can get old really quickly, but in moderation it's alright. The only font that I actually hate is Copperplate Gothic. Once you recognize the font, you see it everywhere, and used in all sorts of situations (signs, packaging, logos, websites, etc.). There are even websites that poke fun at how overused it is.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I don't have one particular favorite, but Calibri, Cambria, Segoe UI, Trebuchet MS and TW Cen MT Condensed would have to round out my top 5 everyday fonts.

I don't even mind saying that I don't hate Comic Sans. Sure, it can get old really quickly, but in moderation it's alright. The only font that I actually hate is Copperplate Gothic. Once you recognize the font, you see it everywhere, and used in all sorts of situations (signs, packaging, logos, websites, etc.). There are even websites that poke fun at how overused it is.

Comic Sans isn't really a bad font, it's just how overused it is that gets annoying.

Also, on second thought, Estilo Pro is also an amazing font <33
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
Algerian and As Christy are pretty much the only fonts I really like. :D

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have a few fonts that I like, but I'm too lazy to look them up.....

Here goes though: The ones I remember are Calibri, Cambria, Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet MS.......

Darn I'm still too lazy to open Microsoft Word to check for more. But yeah, that's basically it.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, Tahoma and Trebuchet MS are one of my favourite fonts to use. They're practical, legible, no-nonsense font types. And that's what I prefer to see in fonts. I may like using more stylised ones for titles or headers, but for the body, it's usually either of those five fonts.

Edit: I am also kinda starting to like Georgia.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Comic Sans MS

Nah, jokes aside. I don't have a favorite, I generally use whatever is set as default.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Corbel, Calibri and Segoe UI are my favorite fonts if I'm aiming for a clean and practical feel. I also like to use Droid Sans and Maven Pro here on PC since I think they're pretty cute, but if I'm writing a story I use Cambria, Georgia or Constantia.

Back