• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen what is the main reason why you are going to get Pokémon X or Pokémon Y?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
A new pokemon adventure ♫
It's in 3D ♫
Play with your new pokemon ♫
In Pokemon Amie ♫

Pretty much sums it up.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
There is a 3ds emulator. Type 3Ds emulator on google and you should get one.

I follow gbatemp on a regular basis and believe me, if it existed, it would appear there. There are a lot of hoaxes, including flashcarts that can supposedly play 3DS games, and they're all fake. At most it's a DS flashcart that's compatible with the 3DS, and that's quite difficult with regular Nintendo firmware updates killing all but two flashcart models. And obviously, since a 3DS flashcart doesn't exist, it means the 3DS wasn't hacked yet, and, if the 3DS wasn't hacked yet, there are no 3DS emulators.

As an owner of a 3DS XL I'm more interested in homebrew anyway.

Years
The main reason I'm going to get either X or Y (probably the latter), is so I can continue playing along in the Pokémon franchise. That's all. However, I am also anticipating the new graphics and the 3D effects, and X/Y was the reason I bought my 3DS XL, too.

tnfsf11

The main reason was ofc the shift to 3D in terms of graphics, other reasons were the European setting & the new features (Amie/Roller skates/Riding Pokémon/Sitting on benches...etc)

Years
The new graphics! They're breathtaking and I can't wait to engage in Pokemon battles/go through the maps with this new style. The new Pokemon, especially Sylveon and Inkay, are really pushing me to get these too.

Years
I'm still looking for a good enough reason. It's all looking good and fun, but I don't have a 3DS so for me it's not just buying the game, it's buying the system as well and that's a good chunk of money right there.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I'm still looking for a good enough reason. It's all looking good and fun, but I don't have a 3DS so for me it's not just buying the game, it's buying the system as well and that's a good chunk of money right there.

I agree buying the system for one game is not worth it but its not only Pokemon.
Kid Icarus Uprising , Shin Megami Tensei IV , Awakening and thats not all!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
The only answer I have is that I like pokemon, I think this summarizes all the things I'm going to say and what I'm expecting the game to be this new gen.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2016
The main reason I'm getting Pokemon Y is to support my follow boys! The Y chromosome!! And I feel Yveltal's concept perfectly embodies what it represents.

Years

Are you a Zelda fan or Smash Bros. Fan???

I was in the same boat as you. I mean, I was looking everywhere for an emulator for the 3ds, ect. I just didn't want to buy a system all for the one game, even though I really really really wanted to at the same time. With the upcoming releases of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Smash Bros. 4. Plus the 64 games (Starfox, Ocarina of Time), I feel like I am buying this system PRIMARILY for Pokemon XY but not solely. So I feel much better about it.

If you are just wanting this for pokemon, I would suggest staking out some standard sized 3ds', people are selling them left and right with the release of the XL. You can find them for under $100 buck in some cases, if not a bit cheaper, in decent condition. Over three months, you might be able to save 10 bucks a week, which would equate to $130, maybe enough for the used system and the game.

I am going to pre order after the next CoroCoro. That will probably hint at some more exclusive content of which I can base my final decision. Though, it's a 75% chance for X right now.

The reason I am ordering is because Pokemon is my favorite game series and I love the new designs, features (aside from Megas), 3D graphics, French Theme, Trainer Customization, and the fact that it is a main series Pokemon Game!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
So many reasons. I could not possibly narrow it to one reason.

1. I love Pokemon and I'll buy literally any main series Pokemon game even if I initially don't want to.

2. I'm seriously impressed with all of the new features they are unveiling. PSS, Character Customization, Super Training, new transport methods, new evolution methods...

3. Dat 3D Pokemon. They look so great, like moving Sugimori art.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Pokemon is the only video game I play so when a new version comes out, I will get it. The main series that is, I don't play the side games.

Back