• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Anime Openings

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What are some of your guys' favorite anime openings?

Here's one of mine from Fairy Tail, season 9:

<3 that piano.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
As much as I dislike the show, I absolutely LOVE the openings for Mirai Nikki. They're great. Both of them. Then there are all of FMAB's openings. All excellent. Log Horizon has a good opening as well. One Piece's One Day and Fight Together are top tier ops. Bleach's Ranbu no Melody and Dtechnolife. Naruto's Sign, Diver and Lovers. Gintama's Donten, Shura and Sakura Mitsutsuki. And as mediocre the anime turned out to be, SnK's first OP was good too. Freezing's Color. Fate Zero's Oath Sign. Psycho Pass's Namae no nai Kaibutsu. Madoka Magica's magia.

All are my faves. :p some EDs mixed in there too, actually

Years

The music Kalafina produces reminds me of ALI PROJECT, just to a lesser degree. Nonetheless, To The Beginning is my all-time favourite opening and watching Fate/Zero makes it all the more epic!

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
It would probably be........

It's a really great OP and I like the editing was also greatly done! I also like the OP from Gintama "NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA".

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I constantly go back and rewatch the fourth opening from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Here is the full version of the song anyway.

Gurren Lagann and Code Geass have great openings as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like the opening for Cowboy Bebop. Music's very pleasing to the ears, and visuals are also pretty nice to look at; they're vibrant. Alongside that, another would be Mirai Nikki. d:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Besides TTGL's which Judge Mandolore Shepard posted, i think my second favorite is Fairy Tail's 14 opening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejWTziE2YPA

I think FT has a lot of good ones. <3 I really liked this one too and I think this one gets the prize for weirdest. (spoilers if you haven't read/seen past the Phantom Lord arc)

Oh gosh, there are so many good ones. I'll just link one more ;; I liked the music for Hataraku Maou-sama's op.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'd agree. FT had some great openings.

This OP is love at first sight, to be honest. I downloaded the song as soon as I could after watching this. So beautiful the vocals are. I'll edit this post with more. :D

Edit: This is the perfect OP to describe the series. The troll series lmao.

The one I heard most recently and have fallen in love with. Just amazing.

Now for something that is NOT Gintama haha.

I thought this was great as well!

Just came across this a while ago. Pretty nice. :)

Last edited:

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Since I'm too lazy to pick out, I like all of the Naruto openings.

I liked all Pokemon openings in Japanese, but only to Battle Dimensions in English.

I love the Kuroko no Basket and Diamond no Ace openings.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
It would probably be........

It's a really great OP and I like the editing was also greatly done! I also like the OP from Gintama "NANANANANANANANANANANANANANA".

I love how Attack on Titan openings blend Japanese and German together.

I also like Puella Magi Madoka Magica's opening, just cos it's cute to me :)

Spoiler:

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
There's so many openings that I like, but some of ones I like most are Date A Live's Date A Live, Sword Art Online's Crossing Field, Btooom's No Pain No Game, Mirai Nikki's Kuusou Mesorogiwi, Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio's Savior of Song, Mondaiji's Black+White, Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai's Anicca, Log Horizon's database and Soul Eater's Paper Moon.

I like pretty much any opening by LiSA, nano or Iori Nomizu. Also both of Linked Horizon's AOT openings, they're amazing :)

Back