• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Honest

Hi!
Years
Are there any moments in your life where you reflect back and go "man, I wish that went differently" or "I wish I had said something"? Basically, do you have any regrets in your life that you wish you can go back and change? Or are you a person who feels that there will always be stuff you'll want to regret, but believe it happened that way for a reason? Or hell, maybe you're a person with no regrets at all? What do you think?

Personally, I try to live life without regrets. Obviously this isn't a perfect world, and I've had incidences where I missed out on opportunity. And there's also a situation right now where I'm unsure if I'll regret what I decide to do. But I believe that there's no point in fretting about the past, cause what's done is done. Sure, I'll scold myself for messing up. But we all do, right?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I regret not being more open and making more friends in middle school, but that's the only major change I'd make. Everything else is like "I wish I had spoken more in this social situation" or "I wish I had asked that person out".

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Considering how many idiotic things I have said/done - yes. I:
Don't ask me to actually list them, or this thread will pretty much double in size haha.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I regret leaving my old Laptop so close to the edge of my bed, and my daughter knocking it off smashing the screen. meaning I had to give up getting my daughter her DSi last year due to me having to buy a new one.

Sirfetch’d

Sometimes I wish that I had done things differently when it came to my friends. I wasn't a person to make many friends, but the ones I had/have I tend to be a little pushy and overtalkative to the point where it becomes an annoyance for some, so I wish that maybe I had been a little more reserved as I have changed some friendships of mine badly due to this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think living life without regrets is a bit foolish and, honestly, kind of condescending because it's pretty much like saying "I live life without making any mistakes." since I think regrets stem from mistakes. You learn from your regrets more-so than you learn from your mistakes, I find, but I also believe that the lessons you learn are a lot more intricate. Its natural for someone -- everyone -- to have regrets. I don't really believe people when they tell me that they don't have any regrets.

Years
I don't think a day goes by I don't regret something or another I've done, both the small and the large things. I probably get hung up too much on the small things sometimes. It's not the actual regretting I don't like, it's doing it over things that aren't going to matter as much in the long run. But better to regret and realize I make mistakes and change than to not regret and reflect back at myself at all.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I regret pretty much everything I done in junior and senior year of high school. I do regret lot of things I done in high school, but junior and senior year I regret the most.

To start with junior year, I ended up having a lot of people in school hating me by the end of the year. I tried to make more friends that year and even tried forcing friendship on someone. One of my good friends was really close to this guy and I thought I'd try to be friends with him too. And I actually thought we were closer than we were and that I could joke around with him. But I just ended up being really creepy to the point where he blocked me on Facebook and all of his real friends hated me. I realize now you can't force a friendship on someone who doesn't want it.

Senior year, I regret screwing around with school so much, choosing not to do work, and being lazy and inevitably failing and not being able to graduate with my class. I was lazy and unproductive previous years, but senior year was definitely the worst. I had many days where I didn't even go to school and called in sick. I kept telling myself that it was just the "seniorits" kicking in and I'd get over it by the end of the year, but that didn't happen. Didn't realized before it was too late that it was just a strong lack of motivation. I felt I let my family down. Plus I was a role model to some people and I felt unfit to be one. I hated the year and a half process it took to finally get a diploma.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've regretted my past self, who never stood up for themselves and let them get trampled. I regret falling to peer pressure and I regret for never trying harder when it came to my work. I should of known that I wouldn't scrape through seeing as how many people took part and I should of worked harder personally. I also regret being a burden to my friends sometimes and my attitude back then. I wish I could go back and change all of that.

Back