• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Smash Bros Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^Yeah, Captain Falcon is someone I cannot control whatsoever. I'm playing SSE in hard mode and I have to use him. I always put him last so that way I can have DK first then Olimar. And if I lose them both, I'm screwed. :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
All the characters I hate and find useless (and assume everybody else finds the same) seem to be the ones that, to my surprise, everybody loves and puts in some "uber" category as game sweepers. King Dedede, Olimar...

I think the only one we can all agree on being terrible is Captain Falcon :P

Nahh, tiers don't matter. Tiers are overrated. Go Peach!

Captain Falcon is alright, he's just another Ganondorf with better speed, that's all really.

Not that it matters, but I'm selling my Wii tonight, so if anyone wants to brawl my friend or I, VM me. Otherwise, you'll have to wait till I get a Wii U \m/ & the follow Super Smash Bros games for it (If I get Brawl again or just stick with the newer one by then.)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Captain Falcon is a sad case. He's my main in Melee so seeing him fall down from his Melee glory in Brawl is tragic. His movement is too limited and the changes and slower pace of Brawl is not in his favor at all. Not to mention the damage/speed nerf, and the harder sweetspot for his FAir.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
How did I never notice this section before? Anyway, as you may have noticed, I'm Seraphimon-sama.
Personally, the characters I use the most, in order from most to least, are: Ike, Captain Falcon, Pokemon Trainer and Lucario. My worst characters, bordering in truly being scared of them, are: Jigglypuff (just because it is the pre-evolution of the only Pokemon that I truly fear), Olimar (because of that damn Red Pikmin of his, a.k.a. Steve) and King Dedede (because of his Final Smash, which I personally call the Big Gay Dance).

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I've never played melee but I have played project m. And honestly unless I go from ground zero and verse myself from there I wont be nearly as good as I am in melee in brawl due to the different physics engines. Tho I have heard melee is the superior fighting game nonetheless. And i've also seen some melee fans get super extream about it.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Am I the only one to prefer Melee over Brawl in this thread? D:

No, Melee is superior. Brawl was a let down aside from having one of the best fighting game roster.

Exactly what Spino said. Melee took way more skills & was way more competitive, Brawl was tuned more toward casual gamers. One thing I really hate about Brawl that really irritates me, is how the CPU always run away when they get high %. Melee didn't allow them to run away like **** when going over 100%! lol

Brawl was excellent with all the new additions to the games, as well as the rosters & most of the maps. Subspace Emissary was brilliant, definitely outranks the Adventure mode Melee had. But Melee was better overall in terms of gameplay, competitiveness & for gaming in the long run.

If I had to give a rating out of 10, It'd definitely be 9.2 for Brawl, 10 for Melee, of course also, 8.9 for the original.

I did love Peach just as much in Brawl compared to Melee, but Fox just wasn't the same. My two mains of all time. I miss his "Grab + Down + Deflector" combo :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
What's your favorite SSB stage to fight on?
My favorite would have to be Spear Pillar, followed closely by Pokemon Stadium 2.

CourageHound

Years
Exactly what Spino said. Melee took way more skills & was way more competitive, Brawl was tuned more toward casual gamers. (

That being said, what do you expect for ssb4?

What kind of custom stages have you created? Do you Brawl on them regularly? If you want to show pictures, go right ahead.

I have made a few good/fun custom stages, but I deleted them all due to project m requiring no custom stages in your memory. However i'm just fine playing on standard stages.

CourageHound

Years
What makes me like Brawl more than mele(even though I havnt played it) is its character base and expansion as well as the buffs and changes they made to my Main and Secondaries(not to mention the addition of half my secondaries).
But, Yoshi's a veteran in melee so i guess its all good.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I would like to join this club.

Username: Pinkie-Dawn

My mains are R.O.B., Falco, and Luigi in Brawl. I'm still excited for the upcoming Wii U and 3DS titles. Unfortunately, my character suggestions caused a lot of controversy.

lucariokul

Illusions surround me. Help...
Years
Username: lucariokul

For me, I love using Lucario because he gets stroner when he takes more hits, marth because he is OP, and Link because while weak, he has great versatility and his final smash is awesome and its easy to break the ball with link. :)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Wow, must've taken a full year to get this club active, not to mention being fully accepted.
Welcome Pinkie-Dawn!

What were those character suggestions? Tell us, we love controversy :P
My most controversial character suggestion was the inclusion of a female trainer in the roster, and how it'll be whoever's the main female protagonist in the anime (Leaf isn't canon in the main Pokémon games, so they can't use her as a gender swap for Red like the Wii Fit Trainer). Back then, I said Iris was more likely to get in due to having a unique play style compared to Red (having to play like Banjo Kazooie w/ Axew being inside her hair). I was scowled by the users in SPPF and BMGF for thinking this idea because they doubt a female trainer will ever be in Smash, and they constantly get annoyed whenever I brought it up. It got me into a depressive state, to which suicide was the more likely option, so those guys will never be annoyed about this idea again. I'm still hurt by those guys' disagreement with my idea.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Please don't post in threads that are over a month old. Check the date of the last post before adding your reply. If you want, you can remake this club over to continue talking about Super Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back