• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Sovereign. I think it's a stupendous concept! :D
I'd definitely be interested in it, should you decide to submit it o3o

But I hope you don't mind explaining the setting of this region :) Because you mention Trainers and the Crusade Era. My question is, how well-developed in this region at the point in which the RP begins? I ask because it really picks my interest and I would like to know where Morda stands in terms of communication, technology and the like o3o

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
@Sovereign: Oh wow. Interesting concept. I liked the fact that you used non-legendary Pokemon as the guardians. (It has been a cliched concept already, like Jirachi as the wish protector/knight/guardian or anywho.) But why kill them? Will they play a larger role in the RP or are they just there to set the pace of the story?

And did the tome exist before Helios turned, or after? Cause if it appeared long before Helios' treachery, I think it should mention seven individuals who would inherit the title of the seven guardians to protect the region from any danger and such. Plus, it would be an interesting RP if one of the players has a connection with Helios, being the Loyalty and Treachery guardian-to-be and all.

But, maybe that's my the-more-the-merrier-mind is thinking. Awesome, awesome.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
@Sovereign Sounds like an epic adventure. I love medieval settings so I might be interested since my holidays are about to start tomorrow, and have more time on my hands. Only question I have is will humans have weapons of their own, such as bows and swords? Not sure how it would fit in if they did. Hmm.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
Don't know if this has been attempted yet, but has anyone tried making a Tower of God RP? There's so much to work with on that series that I just can't believe I haven't seen it mentioned yet. To be honest, though, I haven't really seen a lot of people into it, which is a crying shame considering how awesome the series is.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
@Scyke: I think the battle would closely resemble Game of /Pokemon/ battling style, if weapons would be implemented. That is, both the human and Pokemon would fight side by side. It could get gory, especially with swords slashing away.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I am so pissed! I was working on a Roleplay and had so much typed out (since the last time I copied it) and went to preview it and LOW AND BEHOLD OF COURSE PC IS DOWN!! So I lose like 5 paragraphs of backstory that I was working on that I intended to have to give people a better, deeper understanding of the plot I had.

And because of that, I lost literally all the motivation I had to continue it, which I've been working on for three hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
That happened to me once and being the lazy ass that I was, I never continued. Btw I'm starting to make the plot, settings for my Naruto RP tomorrow. If there's no problem, it'll be submitted this week.
I need a CSS help

Years
Well guys here's the long awaited write-up for that Darker than Black RP. The punctuation will need a little editing but the information shouldn't change. It is a sandbox RP set in post-apocalyptic San Francisco. I'm only posting the story section of the write-up here (that's really all you need to see for now) but I have everything else worked out.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hey there! I don't post here often (or at all really...) but I was hoping to gather some feedback on an rp idea I am thinking of working on. It is set in a Medieval/Fantasy setting and time. It is rough, as the thought has been recently conceived, but any thoughts or questions are appreciated. So without further ado, I present to you:
The sheer deliciousness of that post makes me interested in the RP.

talk talk taltk a<3 <3
The sheer amazingness of your signature makes me smile.

I am so pissed! I was working on a Roleplay and had so much typed out (since the last time I copied it) and went to preview it and LOW AND BEHOLD OF COURSE PC IS DOWN!! So I lose like 5 paragraphs of backstory that I was working on that I intended to have to give people a better, deeper understanding of the plot I had.

And because of that, I lost literally all the motivation I had to continue it, which I've been working on for three hours.
Awh, that's terrible. We all learn the hard way at some point ._. Give it a few days and the urge to make it might come back again? Also, save your text in your User CP Notepad or in a document on your computer now and then is a tip.

Well guys here's the long awaited write-up for that Darker than Black RP. The punctuation will need a little editing but the information shouldn't change. It is a sandbox RP set in post-apocalyptic San Francisco. I'm only posting the story section of the write-up here (that's really all you need to see for now) but I have everything else worked out.
Now, I recognize that css I think ;) Looks like another epic RP from the busiest game master.

Years
Actually EliteBeats did that CSS xD

But yes, there's this around the corner as well as another RP that I co-wrote and have agreed to co-GM soon to show up. I appreciate the compliment by the way :)

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
@ EliteBeats thank you for your interest! I have been debating on the technological advances of this region and I cannot decided whether I want to go in a direction resemblant to steam-punk or the basic 'no actual technology just plain old horse drive carts' kind of deal. I would love your input on it!

If I went the first route:

Transportation would involve zeppelins, airships, and dirigibles that are powered by steam, helium, or hydrogen. The closest it will come to an airplane would be small gliders that relate to Da Vinci's sketches. There can even be the idea of steam powered trains and boats.

As for communication, there would be radio communication and old stationary telephones.

On the subject of Pokémon items I was thinking that Pokéballs are a brand new invention just out of the making. They would be incredibly expensive and rare, so the common methods of obtaining a Pokémon would be to befriend it or use a net/other trapping methods. A Pokédex would be a basic journal that has been written up by experts and sold for a nice price. It doesn't say everything there is to know, and it has a lot of holes in its information. The common folk rely on knowledge of their peers or written works long published.

@ miltankRancher Helios decided to eliminate the other Guardians so that they no longer posed a threat to his reign and to lessen the fighting spirit of those who opposed him. The previous Guardians will play a key role in mentoring their successors throughout their journey.

Yes, the tome has been around for many years shortly after the Guardians came into existence. He knows, or at least knew, of its contents and has feared it. Yet the new Guardians didn't come so quickly after the first one's demise and so that fear began to fade and its words became meaningless to him. I figured that there should be six humans as the first Guardians have to die before the next ones take their place. Helios is still living, and thus his replacement is not yet born. This off puts the balance a little.

@ Scyke humans will definitely have access to weapons such as swords, long bows (perhaps crossbows), scepters, and the like. The Guardians will actually be required to have a weapon. It will have a special connection with them and will help them harness their new abilities as Guardians.

I suppose I should explain something quickly: when the humans and the Pokémon bond into one being to become a Guardian they are still the person they were. The Pokémon they bond with has been born just like they have for this bigger purpose, and are almost the replica of the humans as Pokémon. The only thing that will change are their abilities, and they will have a deeper connection to the world around them as well as the animalistic instinct of their nature.

@ machomuu and Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers I greatly appreciate your interest! Now that I know people would be willing to see it go through I am more eager to start working towards its completion.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
DARKERTHANBLACKRPDARKERTHANBLACKRPDARKERTHANBLACKRP

(faints)

PLEASE SEND ME A VM OR SOMETHING WHEN IT'S ACCEPTED AND OUT BECAUSE I WILL JOIN THAT ASAP AND ASLDKFJAS;DKFJAW;SERLJA

Years
Midnight: A Darker than Black RP has now been submitted :D

Also, I really like your idea Sovereign but I probably won't have time to join.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Sovereign. STEAMPUNKSTEAMPUNKSTEAMPUNK!
I love Steampunk, all things related to it. I'm obviously inclined to that option, that said :p
Zeppelins and stuff would work very well, especially Pokéballs being the newest thing in the block and whatnot.

I think it's a very exciting concept to explore and if you do post it I will try to join as Eda's successor :p
Or not, we have yet to see ;]

But yes, it's avery fascinating concept and I'm sure it shall be great no matter how you develop it :D

@Rika. First thank you and second... I... probably used your CSS... sorry :p
I was to lazy to do a CSS of my own when gimme asked for it, and yours looked awesome so I thought why not?
But this shall be the only time I will do it xD I swear :3

Years
@ Garas32 the new Pokéballs would be a form of apricorn molding but just as the basic ball, as they have yet to test other variations, if that is what you were asking? On the subject of guns their technology advances haven't reached as far as small projectile weapons other than bows and slingshots. It could be an idea among people and perhaps in the works but not created in the time that the RP will take place, unfortunately.

@ EliteBeats I appreciate your input! I am more leaning towards that direction and it seems like it might be a popular idea to get people to participate. It would require some research (as do all things) but I think it could be a great addition to the traditional Pokémon world. Thank you very much for your support!

EDIT: There is another idea I have been working towards. I know, two at the same time? Are you crazy? My sentiments exactly. However, I fear this one will take precedence over the previous one (though they both will be accomplished) due to my recent re-watching of The Legend of Korra. I am not sure how many of you here are Avatar fans but I might as well check and see before I go any further.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
So I've been working on my Naruto RP for some good time now. I got a decent plot right now I think. So I'd like it if you guys would read it.
*Warning*There are some very very little spoilers for those who don't read the manga and watch the anime.*Warning*
Spoiler:

What do you guys think of it? It sounds awful?
Notice : dcjboi, I used your CSS. Sowwi.

Last edited:

Years
@ JNathan that is a cool concept! I have only ready a few books of the Manga, and haven't seen a whole lot of the Anime, but I do know the bare bones of the Naruto universe. I think what you have there would make for an interesting rp and, depending on when you get it started, I might be interested in joining! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back