• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I might make the food challenge if people are actually interested in it! :P

Since this August we celebrated Syd's birthday with a challenge, next August we should celebrate my birthday since it's on August 24th, yay

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
This reminded me of FR/LG,when you give the Warden his Gold Teeth back. does Syd have Golden Dentures? o-o

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
I suppose I owe y'all Surf HMs now, lol.

He gave us Strength, silly. You got surf from the end of the Safari Zone.
Anyways, a Hanukkah challenge seems like it'd be hard to think of.
The things that you can receive from Hanukkah would be hard to make a challenge out of.

Also, I was thinking of making an education challenge. Basically, you would go through your normal life and get Pokemon based on the years.
Elementary Schoolers:
Males - Get any Reptile/Amphibian/Dinosaur Pokemon
Girls - Get any Cute Pokemon of your choice

Middle Schoolers:
Middle school is when you follow the crowd, so get any popular, common Pokemon.

High School:
Boys - Get any plant looking Pokemon (When people experiment with marijuana and stuff) or any Fighting type Pokemon(Cause of fights)
Girls - Get any Pokemon that looks like a Girl, or looks lavished in Make-up.

College:
You pick your Minor and Major, and each one gives a certain Pokemon.
If you Major in the Medical field - You get a Pokemon that has healing moves.
If your Minor is in the Writing field - You get a Dragon type Pokemon, since they are like stories and normally not real looking.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That either shows you A. how sick I have been or B. how long it's been since I've gone through Kanto. ~_~ I just restarted FireRed for the first time in forever though, so maybe I'll get brushed up soon enough.

School challenge sounds cute. lol Major and minor might be difficult...especially when minors are not even required, so most of us in college probably don't have one. :P I suppose in my case, I could just pick the other half of my major, since it's a double. But I don't know how you'd ever represent special education as a Pokemon.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
That either shows you A. how sick I have been or B. how long it's been since I've gone through Kanto. ~_~ I just restarted FireRed for the first time in forever though, so maybe I'll get brushed up soon enough.

School challenge sounds cute. lol Major and minor might be difficult...especially when minors are not even required, so most of us in college probably don't have one. :P I suppose in my case, I could just pick the other half of my major, since it's a double. But I don't know how you'd ever represent special education as a Pokemon.

I don't mean that you use the ones you do in real life. I'll provide a list with the Challenge creation. You choose what you want based off that list. And I figured Special Education and Education would go hand-and-hand, and I'd probably do like a Psychic Type Pokemon choice. Since in the Contests Psychic moves are Smart. Teachers need to be smart. I don't know yet.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

Aww Syddy, get better bby :'(

For special education you'd have to choose between a Slowpoke or a Bidoof methinks.

Years
Hmmm... instead of a January challenge, why don't you do a Chinese New Year's challenge? It could be centered around any of these ideas:
Spoiler:

Also, something seperate, you could do a yearly challenge based around the chinese zodiacs. Ex: next year is the year of the horse, so Zebstrika, Raphidash, or those related to the Equidae family.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well I used mine as an example because since it is my major, I'd want to pick it. I mean, it could be different for people that aren't in college yet and don't have a major, or for those that aren't there yet with no clue what they want to do, but I imagine most would want to pick what they're majoring in. Makes it more fun to use what you relate to. Besides, I think it'd take a long time to make a list of majors and minors when you consider what all schools offer and such, unless you're really up for that challenge.

For special education you'd have to choose between a Slowpoke or a Bidoof methinks.

That's not really nice though.

Halfcadence

Monocolorist
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 2, 2023
My state of affairs:

6a6c252b44799f2583b421a52a4eb0ceea9f41ee9895d40b156b3f76a6eebb1f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back