• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer science project ideas

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2010
hi..i am a final year computer engineering student..i need 2search for a gud final year project..i have been having many probz with finalizing on a particular project idea..it would be really great of you if u could help me with some sites where i can get good project ideas with some description..i am more interested in d networking and artificial intelligence domains..also if any of you have ideas dat are of use 2me den it wd b really appreciated

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
You could try doing what I'm doing and building a high end computer. Definitely worth it in my opinion. you learn. and you have a fast computer to show for it!

AikuSeverin

Dark Trainer
Years
does this highend pc of your include the Xeons Processors and like 20 gigs of rams with a RAID 6 and Tri-SLI GTX480's?

that'd be so epic, i want a pc like that. you could try building 2 pc's inside one, if you get what i mean

Years
Hmmm... An idea I had would be to make a random output calculator. The program analyzes data that's ready to be processed (or data that's stored), calculates, and produces a unique output based on that data. It's somewhat similar to what Psycho Mantis does in Metal Gear Solid, except a little more developed and advanced than just outputting a snippit of text based on your game saves.

Melody

Banned
Years
hi..i am a final year computer engineering student..i need 2search for a gud final year project..i have been having many probz with finalizing on a particular project idea..it would be really great of you if u could help me with some sites where i can get good project ideas with some description..i am more interested in d networking and artificial intelligence domains..also if any of you have ideas dat are of use 2me den it wd b really appreciated

First of all, you really need to improve your grammar and spelling skills, THIS AIN'T A TEXT MESSAGE KID!

Next, you're pretty much expected to do your own research, but we can give you some ideas.

Perhaps developing a tool that can stop a DDoS attack, now THAT would be invaluable and solid A+ material. :D

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
does this highend pc of your include the Xeons Processors and like 20 gigs of rams with a RAID 6 and Tri-SLI GTX480's?

that'd be so epic, i want a pc like that. you could try building 2 pc's inside one, if you get what i mean

To start out it's going to have a 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7. And about 6 GB of DDR3 Ram

Years

If I had a system that powerful, I'd run a freaking webhosting service. Seriously... that's considerably more redundancy than all of the servers my employer owns, and the same level of processing power that it's best servers have. That's $10,000 dollars of equipment, at a minimum.

Years

That would be absolutely pointless. Anything that needs those Dual CPUs and that ram is some sort of mainframe/server/scientific calc system. In which case, it wouldn't use the 480s. Oh, and if you were gaming, you'd need both Xeons on watercooling, so you could get them to 4.5GHz-ish where they don't bottleneck the 480s. The only full-use for that would be folding, lol.

If you want a high-end build that isn't going to be too far beyond anything to be useful, go with:

X58 Mobo
i7-980X
Prolimatech Megahalems with some Noctuas
3x3 GB Corsair Dominators 1800MHz
Dual ATI 5870s in Crossfire
Corsair HX-1000W
2xGSkill 128GB SSDs in Raid0
2x1.5 TB Seagate 7200.12s in Raid1

...and OC the hell out of the CPU and GPUs.

Regardless, you really need to give us an idea of your skill level before we can suggest much.

Back