• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heartgold or Soulsilver?

Which one did you prefer?

• Heartgold

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • Soulsilver

Votes: 54 57.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Bringing back another thread! In the Fourth Generation, two games were created. Heartgold and Soulsilver, both of which were respective remakes of the games Gold and Silver. Out of the two, which one did you prefer? What are some of your reasons for your decision? Things to compare, if you're stuck for ideas can be version exclusives, certain features the other game might have not included or any other reasons you can think of. Without further ado, discuss!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Silver is definitely one of the most nostalgic Pokemon games for me and as SoulSilver was a remake of it, I've gotta vote for SS though I know HeartGold is great as well!

Years
I picked SoulSilver because I prefer its version exclusives and my brother already had HeartGold so I decided to get the counterpart, which has been a trend for me since 3rd Generation.

Years
I go with SS since is the version i play, i don't believe there are much differences tough, but both seen awesome that's for sure

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I prefer SoulSilver as it has Lugia! Lugia over Ho-oh anytime yo. It was also the fist version I played, so it definitely has some sentimental feelings to it. I'm playing HeartGold right now; so far there aren't many differences I can tell. Both of them are great!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I prefer SoulSilver as it has Lugia! Lugia over Ho-oh anytime yo. It was also the fist version I played, so it definitely has some sentimental feelings to it. I'm playing HeartGold right now; so far there aren't many differences I can tell. Both of them are great!

Not true yo, you can get Lugia in HG yoyo.

Anyways, I picked Heart Gold because I prefer its exclusives way more than SSs. Even tho I prefer Lugia over Ho-oh xD.

Last edited:

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I first picked Soulsilver because I have gold first time around. I prefer Soulsilver as I think it has better version exclusives.

Years
I preferred HeartGold because you get to catch Ho-Oh early. I always take it with me in my team. I simply love Ho-Oh, it's one of my favorite Pokémon ever. <3

I couldn't care less for Lugia on the other hand.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'll go with Heart Gold since it's the only I tried. Great so far and Ho-Oh rocks!

Years
I went with HeartGold. Even though I prefer the version exclusives of SoulSilver, I had Gold as a kid, so HeartGold was my primary choice. I also prefer Lugia to Ho-oh (despite my avatar), and fortunately it shows up at a higher level in HeartGold.

Emfg

Ohlong
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
I picked HeartGold because of the warm feeling I get of the game('s color).

mitchgamelover

Rad man
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 2, 2013
I would have to go with Soul Silver. I always get the version that has the Legendary I like more on the box art. My only regret with not getting Heart Gold is the fact that I couldn't use a Phanpy on my team.

I like phanpy a lot.

Back